Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608454 times)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T91: Projection of Bleakness
« Reply #5325 on: January 12, 2015, 03:26:04 pm »

"Happy Neronmas my loyal followers and a happy future Great Ice Age!"

Search the crowds for the smartest, bravest, wisest, and most kind followers.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: January 12, 2015, 05:56:34 pm »

"Have all the Gods gone creatively sterile? It seems like a millennium since we welcomed a new major race to our worlds. There are still many niches in society left to be filled...."

I fill the Void with fine metallic powder of different kinds, used as a fuel for a variety of explosives. Among the powder I throw handfuls of SIP grenades, each of which explodes into a scarlet red orb. Once the orbs form, the blanket of metal powder begins to shift like a river. Each orb starts its own orbit, the metal spinning ever faster around it. After crashing together, the flakes and powder form coherent shapes, often cubes scarcely larger then the powder that formed them. One by one, the orbits are broken. The metallic cubes form around the orbs, making visible shapes. Some are swords, some form crossbows, others a spear. A few form more delicate and complicated items, among the swarms the forms of a beating human heart and a flexing Armu tentacle. Soon, these too break away, returning to a much more scattered orbit surrounding the orb completely. I then propagate them to 3 million, assuming that will not kill or nearly kill me. If that would, just propagate them intill I spent 20E total.

"You will be the Hovori. I have gifted you with the power to transform yourself, cosmic magic, and the ability to heal others by becoming their broken organs. You will be able to join your brothers, the Armu and the Seppo, creating cities of ASH (Armu-Seppo-Hovori). You will no doubt form close relationships when acting as a symbiotic organ, be sure to remember it is an equal one and they depend on you as a trusted ally. Good luck, I'll be protecting you."

Send half to each planet, as is tradition.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: January 12, 2015, 06:11:47 pm »

It's slightly amusing that my burn the lich proposal was initially a joke and yet it's the only one I proposed that has passed.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: January 12, 2015, 06:27:00 pm »

It's slightly amusing that my burn the lich proposal was initially a joke and yet it's the only one I proposed that has passed.

"She seems to have "perished" of her own choice. Seeing as we did not find the proverbial body, I would not count this as a confirmed kill. No doubt she is still out there somewhere..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: January 12, 2015, 07:00:12 pm »

Let's see, where to start with all of this...
Quote from: Kilojoule Proton
Q: "Who is responsible for the alteration of how magic worked for those who attended my sessions where simply using magic now causes physical injury?"
A: "Malakath, Khaziraad, and Melyssa."
The implications of this are almost too obvious, and will probably end badly for Melyssa...
Fusil's Blooddrinkers have been renamed to Fusil's n00bs.
What.

Let's see... also listen to some prayers.

... and that was far less stuff than I thought it was. Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:05:03 pm by Lost in Nowhere »
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: January 12, 2015, 08:31:02 pm »

KI'Tork preforms miracles to convert followers using 2 Essence.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: January 12, 2015, 09:43:10 pm »

"KI`Tork, if you and me work together we can finish our light bulb now."

Give 10 essence to KI`Tork.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: January 12, 2015, 09:56:42 pm »

Azem investigates Merfolk trade.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: January 12, 2015, 10:06:21 pm »

Check on the merfolk: what's been going on with them? How are they?

Make the Avatars, if they aren't already made. Have priests warn pilgrims who come to see them(Yeah 'fear not' and stuff)

Focus on improving quality of life for my followers, the Second Great Awakening still going on, increasing education level(particularly concerning magic), building hospitals, and, most of all I think:

Increase fertility, crop yields, reduce sickness and infant death, etc. among my followers. I want to get a population boom going if I can.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: January 12, 2015, 10:07:45 pm »

Checks to see whether or not the Wolf-People have created their church yet.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: January 13, 2015, 05:09:07 am »

"Malakath, one of my Archfiends, Uthon, has nothing to do at this moment. Will you allow him to join the Bellators?"
"Absolutely not. Perhaps he may fight with one in the Death Battle Plane and then perhaps against one of my angel priests? I want to see the level of strength a semi-demonic being possesses."

Propose that magic be made a Council-protected force. Doing so will force magic-use to have the same consequences that it always had up until recently. (Please don't Literal Genie this proposal. I'm not bothered writing an entire paragraph or more describing exactly how it should work and I shouldn't be expected to do so.)

KI'Tork has offered instruction to his followers. Some of them also experience the assorted injuries associated with Malakath's instructional cohort.
Only some of them? I scan them (0E) to see the difference between those who experienced the injuries and those who didn't. Do I sense any god's particular influence? My soul-sight should be able to tell if I'm being lied to (metaphysical soul theory) and should let me see if their souls have been tainted by the void (physical soul theory).

Most of them profess not to be Void worshippers.
The report is either mistaken or misleading. Void-worshippers are entirely unable to use magic of any kind and thus wouldn't get any injury from using magic because they can't use magic. The only other explanation is that they used to worship the Void and are admitting to that.

I ask the Ikan about the space near Keshan.

"Fusil, Cim, I plan to remove all Void texts from existence unless they are in the Divine Library. This should allow us to keep our knowledge on the Void while preventing the texts' corrupting influence on mortals. Doing so will help in preventing the spread of Void knowledge among mortals, including summoning rituals. At least one of them serves as a manual for summoning powerful Void beings and Yaos died before she could remove it and all other texts from existence herself. I'm telling you this because you're the two foremost experts on the Void. Are there any problems with this plan?"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:14:49 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: January 13, 2015, 07:30:36 am »

Quote from: Kilojoule Proton
Q: "Who is responsible for the alteration of how magic worked for those who attended my sessions where simply using magic now causes physical injury?"
A: "Malakath, Khaziraad, and Melyssa."
The implications of this are almost too obvious, and will probably end badly for Melyssa...
"I can assure you that I have nothing to do with this."

Melyssa asks the Oracle "Have I, Melyssa, intentionally manipulated magic, so that all mages would get hurt?"
"Malakath, one of my Archfiends, Uthon, has nothing to do at this moment. Will you allow him to join the Bellators?"
"Absolutely not. Perhaps he may fight with one in the Death Battle Plane and then perhaps against one of my angel priests? I want to see the level of strength a semi-demonic being possesses."
"That is a shame. I had no intention to hurt any innocents, which can not be said about the enemies of the Bellators. I will not let Uthon fight on the Death Battle Plane yet, because he is only the first generation. He might be physically strong, but he barely has any experience with combat. That is why I wanted him to join the Bellators."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: January 13, 2015, 08:01:36 am »

Melyssa asks the Oracle "Have I, Melyssa, intentionally manipulated magic, so that all mages would get hurt?"
"You should instead ask if you've intentionally manipulated magic-use so that magic-users would get hurt."

"That is a shame. I had no intention to hurt any innocents, which can not be said about the enemies of the Bellators. I will not let Uthon fight on the Death Battle Plane yet, because he is only the first generation. He might be physically strong, but he barely has any experience with combat. That is why I wanted him to join the Bellators."
"Had no intention to hurt any innocents? What's that about? What enemies of the Bellators? The Burning Days look down on them but they're not exactly enemies. Fighting in the DBP should give Uthon some experience. The Bellatorus Sanatores are warrior doctors. Unless they're training, they spend most of their time healing rather than fighting."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 08:10:50 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T92: I Love U
« Reply #5338 on: January 13, 2015, 08:47:04 am »

Tick 92: I Love U

There is an anomalously strong temporal quake.

A flying monkey has crashed into Fusil, screeching and thrashing and doing 2E worth of damage before disappearing!

Tycho has been named arbiter of Fortuna and been given a strong drive to wander. This does not upset him too much, surprisingly.

The bandits have been granted enough luck to find the most valuable targets not under Fortuna's protection provided that they give 10% of their gross to Fortuna. They note that they receive more than they had to give and gleefully begin their raids again.
"You mean a game like The Floor is Caltrops?"
"Does it really!? Fortuna Fortuna Fortuna!"
"This glove should be lu--ovely for our next games."
(Blessing is typically context-specific.)

Melyssa:
"We imagine so, but the torturers are having a tortuous time covering the costs of their breathing spells."

Neron:
The smartest seems to be an old researcher at NUKE working on making the perfect bitter bean tea.
The bravest seems to be a lone Rani who patrolled the wilderness to make sure this celebration's forest lanterns are not fire-based.
The wisest seems to be a quiet, respected town elder.
The kindest seems to be a Shadow Raven who randomly drops coins on people.

Fusil has created 60 000 Hovori and split them in half between Keshan and Slytha.

Joha:
"Are we now trapped between the Void minions below and the Void minions above?"
"Someone has stolen our entire pepper garden!"
"Why is magic not working properly?"

KI'Tork has performed many miracles to convert followers and been given 10E by Neron, a unit of which overflowed.

An obscure Merfolk noble seem to have ordered 666 *iron statues*. Perhaps if they had ordered a less easily corroded metal, this bizarre trade would not have had to happen. The Merfolk as a whole seem to be doing very well.

Darruth has created the Avatars. Emphasis has been placed on improving quality of life for Darruthians through education, medical constructions, increased fertility in general, increased crop yields, reduced sickness, and reducd infant mortality.

The Wolf-people have constructed their church.

(Literal Genie on my part is not something either you (pl.) or I can control. It is an unfortunate subjective and involuntary consequence of how I tend to read things and not trivial to avoid or switchable. Telling me to avoid it is a placebo at best in light of this fact. You should be more concerned about your fellow players interpreting it in interesting ways with actual malevolent intentions.)

The diference between those who received injuries and those who didn't is just that: The fact that they received injuries. No particular god seems to have influenced this. The Void is probably not involved.

The report was misleading because the intended antecedent was "those who cannot use magic."

The Ikan are upset that it seems to be tainted again after so many years of the cleaning ring working well. As usual, they distrust outsiders.

Oracle:
Q: "Have I, Melyssa, intentionally manipulated magic, so that all mages would get hurt?"
A: "No."

This update's constellations are the Dagger and Sword.

(Fusil: -20E, KI'Tork: -2E, Neron: -10E, KI'Tork: +8E, Darruth: -7E, Fusil: -2E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Discipline, Labor, Strength, and Air. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Honesty and Demolition.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T92: I Love U
« Reply #5339 on: January 13, 2015, 10:32:18 am »

KI'Tork finally creates the Anti-Sun to orbit the Ice Planet.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 475