Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617041 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T92: I Love U
« Reply #5340 on: January 13, 2015, 11:21:50 am »

Fortuna

The bandits have been granted enough luck to find the most valuable targets not under Fortuna's protection provided that they give 10% of their gross to Fortuna. They note that they receive more than they had to give and gleefully begin their raids again.

Bear in mind, I will not tolerate murder, or assault with deadly weapons. If you start killing or hurting people, beyond incapacitating them, in order to get their goods, I will not just take back my boon, I will actively work against you and your kind.

"You mean a game like The Floor is Caltrops?"

Perhaps you'd like to come up with your own game? I think a game like The Floor is Caltrops would have... limited appeal. Then nobody would know of your wondrous creation!

"Does it really!? Fortuna Fortuna Fortuna!"

Ignore this, and any other prayers, that mention me by name. Make sure Tycho tells people this, but that I will know when someone needs me.

"This glove should be lu--ovely for our next games."

Oh, what do you play?

I'd also like to get in touch with the traveling entertainers again, and inform them that my temples will be open for them to stay, should they be traveling through any places in which they exist. Should they wish to put on a show for my worshipers, I'm sure they would appreciate that, and I might even look upon them with more favour.

Encourage worshipers with the building skills to expand them to include dormitories and cleaning facilities, if they're not already available.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T91: Projection of Bleakness
« Reply #5341 on: January 13, 2015, 11:32:28 am »

Also, Raptil, if you do decide to create your own race of hunters, would you mind awfully donating some of the meat from successful hunts to my temples, in return for more luck in hunting expeditions?

Whilst there is a significant luck factor involved in hunting, the hunter's own skill is arguably more important. If hunters start to rely too much upon luck, they may neglect their own skills, which could be detrimental in the long term. So for now, I must decline your offer.

((I need to think of a good (or at least half decent) race to create.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: January 13, 2015, 11:39:21 am »

Melyssa teaches the Flagellants ways to make their water-breathing easier/cheaper.

"You could always create a race of birdmen-hunters, because you look like a bird yourself."

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5343 on: January 13, 2015, 11:43:49 am »

"You could always create a race of birdmen-hunters, because you look like a bird yourself."

Hmmm... An interesting idea. I must consider it. My thanks.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: January 13, 2015, 11:47:04 am »

Hmmm... An interesting idea. I must consider it. My thanks.
"You are welcome."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: January 13, 2015, 12:03:05 pm »

Melyssa teaches the Flagellants ways to make their water-breathing easier/cheaper.

I am sorry to say I am unfamiliar with your worshipers methods, but would self-torture be something in which they indulge?

If so, you could allow them to breathe in water, but retain the hugely painful sensation of drowning.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: January 13, 2015, 12:23:23 pm »

I am sorry to say I am unfamiliar with your worshipers methods, but would self-torture be something in which they indulge?

If so, you could allow them to breathe in water, but retain the hugely painful sensation of drowning.

"You are brilliant. Torturing themselves makes them stronger, so i really appreciate your suggestion."
Melyssa does what Fortuna mentioned.
Melyssa rewards Fortuna by giving him 4E the next time he hasn't got full essence.

"I will give it to you once you need it. Giving it right now would be a waste, because you would overflow"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: January 13, 2015, 12:26:09 pm »

Azem wrinkles his nose.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: January 13, 2015, 12:55:19 pm »

Propose that magic be made a Council-protected force. Doing so will force magic-use to have the same consequences that it always had up until recently. (Please don't Literal Genie this proposal. I'm not bothered writing an entire paragraph or more describing exactly how it should work and I shouldn't be expected to do so.)

"Oppose. Someone messed with your followers, until we have knowlage on what is happening there is no point in changing everything. Do you always act without knowing anything?"

"Fusil, Cim, I plan to remove all Void texts from existence unless they are in the Divine Library. This should allow us to keep our knowledge on the Void while preventing the texts' corrupting influence on mortals. Doing so will help in preventing the spread of Void knowledge among mortals, including summoning rituals. At least one of them serves as a manual for summoning powerful Void beings and Yaos died before she could remove it and all other texts from existence herself. I'm telling you this because you're the two foremost experts on the Void. Are there any problems with this plan?"

"Yes. I thought I made it clear many times before that the Void texts are one of the few ways we can have knowlage on the Void without dealing with it directly. Do you not understand this either? Do you truly think censorship and suppression will help at all? None of your anti-Void suggestions have ever made anything better ever. You should understand things more before acting."

A flying monkey has crashed into Fusil, screeching and thrashing and doing 2E worth of damage before disappearing!

(Hook, line, and sinker.)
Oracle:
Q: "Have I, Melyssa, intentionally manipulated magic, so that all mages would get hurt?"
A: "No."

"By the wording of that question, 50 bullets says she sent someone else to ask it."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: January 13, 2015, 02:20:09 pm »

"That flying monkey has to be the second poorest attempt at murder I have ever seen."

The smartest seems to be an old researcher at NUKE working on making the perfect bitter bean tea.
The bravest seems to be a lone Rani who patrolled the wilderness to make sure this celebration's forest lanterns are not fire-based.
The wisest seems to be a quiet, respected town elder.
The kindest seems to be a Shadow Raven who randomly drops coins on people.

"I have chosen my first four gifts of Neronmas!"
The old NUKE researcher shall gain the intelligence and ingredients needed to create this bitter bean tea.

The brave Rani shall return to her home town to find it being threatened by a massive wolf, taking up an old sword she shall slay the beast and the townspeople shall be thankful and make her their town leader, the story of her victory shall go down into the legends, teaching future Rani children to be brave.

The wise town elder shall be given a staff, covered in strange runes, when she raises the staff above her head everyone nearby shall go silent, allowing her to talk.

The kind Shadow Raven shall be given a magic bag of coins, every time time he gives one coin another shall appear in the bag.

Search for the poorest and saddest of my followers in the crowds.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: January 13, 2015, 03:03:28 pm »

"Yes. I thought I made it clear many times before that the Void texts are one of the few ways we can have knowlage on the Void without dealing with it directly. Do you not understand this either? Do you truly think censorship and suppression will help at all? None of your anti-Void suggestions have ever made anything better ever. You should understand things more before acting."
"I agree. The purpose would be to limit mortal access to the Void and its corruption, but destroying all the current texts wouldn't help much with that anyway. The Null can sometimes, somehow, calculate the Churn trajectories for objects other than themselves and send them to Bubbles. How do you think the texts came here in the first place, Malakath? We should fight the disease rather than the symptoms."

Oracle:
Q: "Have I, Melyssa, intentionally manipulated magic, so that all mages would get hurt?"
A: "No."

"By the wording of that question, 50 bullets says she sent someone else to ask it."
"Considering that only some mages were hurt, I'm quite certain nobody manipulated magic to hurt all mages."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: January 13, 2015, 03:05:22 pm »

((Oh god i worded that so wrong. I still swear that i'm not guilty (as far as i know) and if anyone wants to ask the oracle about my innocence, I'll pay half of it))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: January 13, 2015, 03:34:21 pm »

"Should we file a complaint with Serac about the fickle nature of his Oracle?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: January 13, 2015, 04:58:41 pm »

Inspect the dust ring.

Tell all my (High) priests to spread that a contest is to be held, and that I shall reward winners.

Spoiler: contest (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:30:51 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T91: Projection of Bleakness
« Reply #5354 on: January 13, 2015, 06:34:26 pm »

"Oppose. Someone messed with your followers, until we have knowlage on what is happening there is no point in changing everything. Do you always act without knowing anything?"
(For the record, even those who don't believe in Malakath did attend those tutorials.)

"Fusil, we will still have access to the Void texts from the Divine Library. We keep all the knowledge we would've had and the mortals lose the ability to summon Void things."

((Oh god i worded that so wrong. I still swear that i'm not guilty (as far as i know) and if anyone wants to ask the oracle about my innocence, I'll pay half of it))
"You should instead ask if you've intentionally manipulated magic-use so that magic-users would get hurt."
"I'll ask the question myself and you pay 2/3E. Deal?"

They are called blood-drinkers again.

Nature Spirits only become violent if too much damage is done to their environment. Loggers, for example, are allowed to an extent because the Spirits can simply grow more trees.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 475