Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 603117 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T93: Recreational creation
« Reply #5640 on: January 18, 2015, 03:46:21 am »

The bad decisions lie in you making enemies with enough Gods that they were able and willing to do so.

You are capable of seeing what I publicly do. Why would I lay out the mechanics of the system of magic I created? The only reason I even declared it was because the amount of power being used by certain mages would be rather obvious to anyone who cared to look. I've never claimed to know all about anything. You seem to invent things as they suit you, rather than actually seeing the facts as they are.

I agree. They are likely quite incapable of enslaving a race watched by a God. Thus why I offered my protection, in case Cyrix's attention is elsewhere; say, because you've blown something up again.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: January 18, 2015, 03:59:53 am »

The bad decisions lie in you making enemies with enough Gods that they were able and willing to do so.

"It seems to be working for me so far. Besides, talking that way to someone much more powerful then you who is perfectly willing to kill you is a bad decision in itself."

You are capable of seeing what I publicly do. Why would I lay out the mechanics of the system of magic I created? The only reason I even declared it was because the amount of power being used by certain mages would be rather obvious to anyone who cared to look. I've never claimed to know all about anything. You seem to invent things as they suit you, rather than actually seeing the facts as they are.

"The matter still stands that you don't seem to understand anything you claim to understand. This, for instance. You assume that I haven't done several simple acts to know everything about your systems of magic. And I must say I am not impressed. The new Gods simply do not need you, and would be better off on their own.

Now what exactly have you shown publicly, or privately for that matter, that would lead us to believe you have any knowlage on how Mortals work? I bet you couldn't even name the most numerous race correctly!
You probably even think that tiny race the Humans outnumber everyone by double or something strange like that."

I agree. They are likely quite incapable of enslaving a race watched by a God. Thus why I offered my protection, in case Cyrix's attention is elsewhere; say, because you've blown something up again.

"I am sure he would manage to notice an entire race being carried off, regardless of what happened. You are offering something he does not need, no doubt for your own sake rather than his."

"Why is everyone so interested in this new God? Dozens of other Gods have come and gone, without the mass calls for alliance. You almost ignored the poor God of Hunting outright..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: January 18, 2015, 04:05:02 am »

"The god of Hunt isn't as active as this new god, doesn't ask as many questions, and isn't as useful, no offence. If I remember correctly, there weren't very many gods who were jumping at the chance to help me either."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: January 18, 2015, 05:13:00 am »

Malakath, I am sad to see that none of my creations have made it into the Bestiary. Neither the Flagellants (T78) nor the Archfiends (T83) are present."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: January 18, 2015, 05:47:57 am »

"Flagellants have been added. I don't add angels into the Bestiary."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5645 on: January 18, 2015, 07:37:07 am »

"The god of Hunt isn't as active as this new god, doesn't ask as many questions, and isn't as useful, no offence. If I remember correctly, there weren't very many gods who were jumping at the chance to help me either."

None taken. I'm still around, but I don't have much to say. Besides, I'm still trying to get my head around the recent proposals and how they would affect things.

Also, greetings Cyrix. I am Raptil, god of the Hunt.

Alright, I've got a new race.

Spoiler:  New race, Falciri (click to show/hide)

Create 300 Falciri and propagate to 1500.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T97: Revivication
« Reply #5646 on: January 18, 2015, 07:40:37 am »

Tick 97: Revivication

Spoiler: misc (click to show/hide)

Fortuna:
"That may work then. I'll just have to stay out of the touchier ones' lands."
"Luck is flowing like spirits at a feast, O Mutable One!"

There is much uproar among the gambling halls following the announcement of the curse on non-Commission halls. Some do join, but there are also reports of shrines to Fortuna being destroyed.
Tycho: "That's what your less lucky priests would do. I get to do the fun stuff because I have all the luck!"
Tycho has activated his Rod. Colorful ribbons burst from the ground like geysers, attracting a great many random people.

The traveling entertainers have taken to having their ringmaster play as Fortuna in their performances.

Malakath and Fusil:
SHINJO: "Actually, I may change my mind if you both tell me who your most potent rival is."

Malakath:
"They don't employ subterfuge and secrecy? Tell us more we didn't already know."

The strange little man is thinking about the beautiful gushing of arterial blood, but the reasons elude simple examination.

The shadowy figures' minds seem to be warded against even divine interference. They seem not to be Void cultists.
"Release us soon untouched or our superiors will begin executing contingencies."

You don't know what books on the Void Fusil read. It is a most unpleasant situation, not to know what romance novels your stalkee reads.

Darruth has commissioned the construction of hospitals staffed by Darruthian Healers in the cities of Good. Access is free for those who cannot afford it and proportional to wealth for those who can.

The cities have been doing very well, exporting many magical products. While none are quite as extravagant as the largest Mountwyrm capital, the cities are considered excellent destinations by tourists all the same. The main problem at the moment is slowly growing tension between two sides on a developing schism.

Neron has also adopted tentacles with significant improvements in dexterity only a snake can truly appreciate.

Atropos has created the Deathbells and scattered them about the worlds. Malakath and the fledgling mage guild of Odolhirum have warded the city from deathbells and destroy existing ones save walking deathbells.

Cyrix has sent flocks of great owls to protect the farms of the world and improve yields (and created them, which is the bulk of the cost).

Melyssa:
"I've hanged myself from this tree for over a week now and I see ghosts everywhere. Do you have any advice?"
"Could you see my floor spiked plate? My mentor says it's as painless as a bed of nails."
"Pop! Look at my eyeball! Pop!"

Cyrix has given Malakath 2E to commission a temple in the Tailwyrm city.

Darruth has begun the construction of Panthon Courts in the Havens. Melyssa has pledged her assistance should it cost a non-zero amount. [NOT YET RESOLVED]

Ñurnea, a seven-tiered city, has begun rising from below the Grand Church of Quéßäre the Wolf-People built. It is self-contained and self-sufficient.

A mischievous sculptor has chiseled in "Malakath and Cyrix, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" on a cliff face and been found dead three days later.

Malakath has hit on Azem again. Fusil seems to be jealous. Malakath has given 1E to Azem and overflowed.

Neron:
"We are thinking of creating a compact granary and would like your assistance."
"Can you give us a metal than melts when cooled and freezes when heated?"
"Is it true that shouting in the mountains can cause an avalanche?"

Atropos has prototyped the Seven Scrolls.

Cyrix has created 600 Sewa and distributed them between the worlds.

Azem has given the gift of improved mathematics and engineering knowledge to the various scientific institutions.

Kit and Tykki have fought in the DBP! Kit is somehow able to dodge most of Tykki's attacks and seems to grow more agile as the fight progresses. In the end, however, Kit cannot endure Tykki's continuous onslaught and is defeated. Kit has returned to Atropos' shoulder and Tykki has returned to Fusil.

Tykki: "It is done, Sir."

Azem has been punished by being put in a funny hat. Astute readers of this tabloid thing may note the similarity to Malakath's offers to play the role the funny hat currently plays and Malakath's at least initial opposition to the idea.

This update's constellations are the Staff and Phoenix.

(Atropos: -5E, Malakath: -1E, Cyrix: -3E, Cyrix: -2E, Malakath: +2E, Malakath: -1E, Azem: +1E, Atropos: -5E)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

The following player is in danger of being marked as inactive: Detoxicated/The Light.

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (9) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (6) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Children, Day, Animals, and Fire. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Honesty and Misfortune.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5647 on: January 18, 2015, 07:45:52 am »

(Raptil: -3E)
Raptil has created 1 500 of the Falciri, a race of avian hunters.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: January 18, 2015, 08:04:40 am »

"I've hanged myself from this tree for over a week now and I see ghosts everywhere. Do you have any advice?"
"Those ghosts are probably just hallicunations, but you might have the gift of magic bestowed upon you, follower. I wish to examine you further. You can keep hanging in the tree if that is what you desire, but you are also welcome to come to one of my shrines."
Melyssa examines the (wo)man, to see if (s)he has any magical powers.
"Could you see my floor spiked plate? My mentor says it's as painless as a bed of nails."
"Replacing the spikes with actual barbs would work better. If someone sets foot on the barbs, they can't get loose, causing them to fall over on more barbs."
"Pop! Look at my eyeball! Pop!"
"You are a worthy servant."
Melyssa creates Zekeb, an emerald maul studded with copper. She gives the maul to the "Eye-Popper", turning him into Zekeb, the Third Archfiend.

Melyssa creates III, The third Flagellant city. She creates as much Flagellants as there are living in I, and lets them live in III.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: January 18, 2015, 08:36:29 am »

(210 000 added to a 300 000 is a rather implausible result of a free action. The effectiveness of actions is correlated quite strongly with effort, and butterfly effect actions are rated as close to zero effort. Lucky rolls do happen, but they're lucky rolls because they don't happen most of the time. Do not make such assumptions in the future.)
(In the future, is it ok if I combine the butterfly effect with actually spending Essence to cause such actions to happen?)

There is much uproar among the gambling halls following the announcement of the curse on non-Commission halls. Some do join, but there are also reports of shrines to Fortuna being destroyed.
"You're the fourth person to be blasphemed against, I think. The first was Yaos, the second was Fusil, the third was myself, and now you're the fourth. I wonder if there's a pattern..."

Malakath and Fusil:
SHINJO: "Actually, I may change my mind if you both tell me who your most potent rival is."
I have already left and will continue to not respond. Competing for the attention of a mortal this much is below me.

"They don't employ subterfuge and secrecy? Tell us more we didn't already know."
"Actually, I only said they don't employ subterfuge. They employ secrecy in terms of their magical techniques. However..." The room is swiftly covered in shadows with a harsh red tint, "I am tired of being treated by you as if I were some trifling beggar!" Suddenly, many arms manifest from the shadows and drag the Burning Days down to their knees, too quickly to do anything physical and Malakath's will stopping them from doing anything magical, "I am a GODDESS and you will treat me as such! Do we understand?"

The strange little man is thinking about the beautiful gushing of arterial blood, but the reasons elude simple examination.
The little man is taken to the same asylum Lyle the Archlawyer was taken to. It's not my problem.

The shadowy figures' minds seem to be warded against even divine interference. They seem not to be Void cultists.
"Release us soon untouched or our superiors will begin executing contingencies."
Eh, so long as they're not cultists. They're released and the angel priests are recalled to Zeranzel.

A mischievous sculptor has chiseled in "Malakath and Cyrix, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" on a cliff face and been found dead three days later.
"One of you actually hired someone to do this? I must admit it's rather humorous. Still, I had nothing to do with his death. If anyone wants to investigate it I suggest you do it before it reincarnates."

Malakath has hit on Azem again. Fusil seems to be jealous.
Magnificent.

Kit and Tykki have fought in the DBP! Kit is somehow able to dodge most of Tykki's attacks and seems to grow more agile as the fight progresses. In the end, however, Kit cannot endure Tykki's continuous onslaught and is defeated. Kit has returned to Atropos' shoulder and Tykki has returned to Fusil.
Information about this fight is released to the mortals. The great Tykki actually found it challenging to beat a common cat.

"Those ghosts are probably just hallicunations, but you might have the gift of magic bestowed upon you, follower. I wish to examine you further. You can keep hanging in the tree if that is what you desire, but you are also welcome to come to one of my shrines."
"It's more likely that she hanged herself to death and can now see ghosts because she is also a ghost. Everyone has magic now, remember?"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:41:40 am by Andres »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: January 18, 2015, 09:06:22 am »

"It's more likely that she hanged herself to death and can now see ghosts because she is also a ghost. Everyone has magic now, remember?"
"While this might be true, I still wish to investigate her. As far as I know, ghosts are unable to pray, but I might be wrong."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:08:25 am by Lord_lemonpie »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: January 18, 2015, 10:05:35 am »

"Well, that is odd, but I see no harm in answering your question now that the Bloodyone is gone (Spacebar glitched, I am keeping it.). I suppose my main, and most powerful, rival would be the Null as a whole. Not even Cim is as dangerous or powerful, they are the Ones I would most like to defeat."

You don't know what books on the Void Fusil read. It is a most unpleasant situation, not to know what romance novels your stalkee reads.

May I file for a restraining order?

The cities have been doing very well, exporting many magical products. While none are quite as extravagant as the largest Mountwyrm capital, the cities are considered excellent destinations by tourists all the same. The main problem at the moment is slowly growing tension between two sides on a developing schism.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Malakath has hit on Azem again. Fusil seems to be jealous. Malakath has given 1E to Azem and overflowed.

Oi! Fortuna said the same thing. Dirty lies!

Tykki: "It is done, Sir."

"Excellently done, Tykki. As always, a wonderful demonstration. I hope you will not mind participating more in the future, your skills are simply more valuable now in the open."

Azem has been punished by being put in a funny hat. Astute readers of this tabloid thing may note the similarity to Malakath's offers to play the role the funny hat currently plays and Malakath's at least initial opposition to the idea.

:P

Magnificent.

"Tykki, you are now authorized to assault Malakath with paper fans, airsoft rifles, wooden sticks, tear gas, and other less-than-lethals any time she attempts to stalk, flirt with, or otherwise harass me. Have fun."

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:13:49 am by Stirk »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: January 18, 2015, 10:21:07 am »

This tick I would like to propagate my creations population to 10,000 spread equally among both planets. I would also like my creations, with assistance from any followers willing, to create themselves a village with the market place being the temple, may praises be sung in the market ever day in the morning, the afternoon, and dusk. I would also like to spend 2E on prettying up and bettering my part of the pantheon(s)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:38:16 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: January 18, 2015, 10:22:59 am »

Create a rainbow coloured seaserpent with a length of 2km.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: January 18, 2015, 10:28:06 am »

"I suppose I should make the Hovori a more noticeable feature. I will spend 20E to propagate them."

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 475