Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608898 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T97: Revivication
« Reply #5700 on: January 18, 2015, 03:41:20 pm »

"That would be where the 'Almost' comes from. You two combined aren't even close to being an obstacle to me."
"Attack Fortuna and I will personally destroy you."
"You can count on My help, Neron."
I appreciate your support.

I think it's unnecessary at this point, however. I do not think Fusil is so shallow or narrow-minded to attack someone over an insult.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: January 18, 2015, 03:43:16 pm »

"Attack Fortuna and I will personally destroy you."

"Neron, you are the strongest of the group that is threatening to assault me. And you are scores weaker than I am. All three of you together aren't a match for Tykki alone."
I understand this Fusil, but I'm not getting in your way.

I insulted you - because you made complaints about me and when I asked for your help, you refused - but that's hardly an impediment to your progress, is it?

"It was not. I simply reminded you where you stand, below my sword to be exact. If you end up getting uppity, Ill give you the same treatment you gave that random mortal."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: January 18, 2015, 03:45:23 pm »

Fortuna shrugs

Fair enough.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: January 18, 2015, 03:47:57 pm »

I don't know your reasons, Fusil. Because she tortures people and cursed a lot of gambling commissions, and some of your followers might like gambling? Because you understand the need for subtlety and plausible deniability in a Council that has grown even larger and has many of your rivals in it and has the capability to shut you down? I'm not sure that you did it, and I wasn't saying I was looking down on you for it. In fact, given her reaction, I rather hope it was you. You're strong enough to smash her, if you wanted.

Besides, I'm not certain you did, nor do I truly believe you did. Not directly, certainly. I did say 'the idea of it' and 'might have' for a reason. They aren't just decorative.

The cities have been doing very well, exporting many magical products. While none are quite as extravagant as the largest Mountwyrm capital, the cities are considered excellent destinations by tourists all the same. The main problem at the moment is slowly growing tension between two sides on a developing schism.

((I believe this is in response to me...I think. The song reference was amazing, by the way, Stirk))

Well, that ain't good. Time to figure out what this schism is about. Hopefully I can put a stop to it before it gets out of control.

Also, if my races don't already have the Common Sense enhancement thing, and I can do that for 2E or less, do it.

I doubt you would succeed. Not because Fusil is some sort of all-powerful omnipotent supergod, but because he's still very powerful, and you're all rather new. Save Neron, but I really have no idea what Neron is doing anymore in any case besides making threats. I can foresee this actually flaring into war, given the number of people threatening or insulting Fusil, and his newfound toys.

Although I still believe he vastly overestimates Tykki's power.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: January 18, 2015, 03:49:43 pm »

I'm also a he, insofar as a god has a gender or sex.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: January 18, 2015, 04:21:51 pm »

So I turn away for a bit and all the shit goes down. Why am I geting used to this.

Fortuna, lashing out at mortals, while they may or may not be actual instigators, even more so when they are merely expresing their disatisfaction over your bullshit is something that almost got Malkath smiten. They build the shrines when they worship you and tear them down when you fuck up. It is simply how it works. Had those that destroyed the temples been of other faiths, mabye those who wanted your temples gone just for the glory of their chosen, it would be a diferent matter. Now, you get to enjoy being part of the gods that mortals fear.

As for the rest, It is nice that you have united in power to help your ally, but Fusil would only kill one of the gods if sole alternative was great suffering of his followers. Let's keep it that way. Annoying as he gets sometimes, he does in fact care for what happens in physical realm, and I would dislike seeing him having to battle you over entirely rightful calling out of Fortunas actions. It is nice to see that you can stand up for yourselves, but do not escalate the conflict. This is a matter between Fortuna and her followers. Keep it that way.

Have a look at how the contest turned out.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5706 on: January 18, 2015, 05:14:54 pm »

(Melyssa: -6E)
Melyssa:
The hanging (wo)man seems to have some magical ability, most of it mostly uncontrollable. Surprisingly, death is yet to occur despite the lack of food and water and the hanging.
"That is delightfully tortuous! Thanks!"
You have turned given Zekeb to Eyeball-Popper, turning him into Zekeb the third Archfiend. You have also created III, the third Flagellant city, and given it as much of a population as I.

(In the future, is it ok if I combine the butterfly effect with actually spending Essence to cause such actions to happen?)
(Yes, this is the intended method if you want a high chance of success for more than minor consequences. A suggested format of indicating this includes stating the cap on how much you want to pay so as not to overspend while still getting the desired results at a hopefully significantly discounted price.)

Following your display, a fireball has struck you for 2E and left the Burning Days untouched. The Burning Days are awestruck and have begun praying thanks to (an) unknown god(s).

The strange little man has been sent to an asylum.

The shadowy figures from the Night Elf area have been returned, and the angel-priests involved recalled to Zeranzel.

You begin spreading rumors about a common cat being able to challenge Tykki.

Fusil:
SHINJO: "I was hoping I could safely call on whoever it was. Ah well."

Tykki: "With pleasure, Sir."

(Cyrix: -4E)
Cyrix: You propagate the Sewa to 10 000 on both worlds and spend 2E to improve your share in the Pantheon Courts.

(The Light: -3E)
The Light: You create a rainbow-colored sea serpent with a length of 2km.

(Fusil: -20E)
Fusil: You have created 30M Hovori.

(Joha: -30E)
Joha: You have propagated the Wood Elves, Ikan, Lycae, and Wargs (?) to add a total of eleven billion of them.

Fortuna:
"The punishment for insulting the king in a nearby kingdom is death."
"It is flowing into my lucky fingers! I can now win any game!"
Your display terrifies many into joining the Commission. The blaspheming halls have been offered up to Melyssa and the Flagellants. Your curse on non-Commission halls intensifies.

The Rod fizzles in a display of unluckiness.
Tycho: "The Rod doesn't work without my consent! Nice, isn't it? It's also an effective way to attract followers, which I am definitely not doing with another motive in mind."
The sculptor's soul's current body says: "ma ma. ma ma ma mam mama. *bvbvbvbvbv* ma ma."

You hear the following prayers:
"I heard something about killing sea-birds being unlu--good. Is this true? How do the sailors survive without food?"
"The performers at the Golden Grebe were amazing! They didn't use any safety equipment at all!"
"Would you play a little coin game with me for a minor boon? Heads I win, tails you lose."

Melyssa: The Flagellants have gleefully locked the infidels in a single small spiky cage after abacination, denailing, and kneecapping. They are on display and currently starving to death. Onlookers notice a disappearance and a lack of growling stomachs the next day.

Torture has revealed that the most common reason to avoid the Commission (n=4) was the ban on house-favorable odds of any kind and the most common reason for destroying shrines of Fortuna (n=3) was the curse on non-Commission halls. Another group of popular answers are variations on a winged monkey telling them to do it or not knowing what's happening (n=31), which many later replace with not knowing anything about what's going on (n=29).

Raptil: You and the Falciri hunters go hunting and, in an anticlimactic ending, knock out the target within a few seconds after diving at it. They continue and have begun hunting a notably large bear.

Cyrix: You have appeared before the Sewa as a 4-ft owl. They humbly thank you for their creation and invite you to a small feast that evening.

(Darruth: Common sense added)
Darruth: The schism seems to be forming based on many who believe your orb is an eye and many who believe it is simply an orb. It has begun spreading to include several eye-related teachings along the way. Some have taken to spreading their interpretation that the eye is, in fact, the constellation known as the Eye, but others denounce this as associating you with such things as insanity.

Khaziraad: The better entries have stopped trickling in at this point. The more notable entries are as follows:
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventions (click to show/hide)
(Just because Atropos says nothing's equipped doesn't mean you're not wearing at least purely cosmetic clothing, although I can see how that might interfere with the weirdness going around with Malakath, Fusil, and Azem. :P)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: January 18, 2015, 05:17:22 pm »

Attend feast and bless my people upon departing after the feast. Give them the prayer rituals they are to follow to gain my blessing in their harvests
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: January 18, 2015, 05:30:23 pm »

Send Zekeb and Uthon to look for the escaped infidels. Check if any are still in the cage. Feed them if they are still there.

"It looks like they were guilty after all. It surprises my that no one mentioned a god. I am assuming that Fusil helped them escape, for he was the one with the most objections, but I shall not come to a conclusion too hastily."

Send Azxar to retrieve the woman, and take her to I. Do not feed her yet.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: January 18, 2015, 05:59:27 pm »

Joha: You have propagated the Wood Elves, Ikan, Lycae, and Wargs (?) to add a total of eleven billion of them.

So Joha now has 11X the population of the rest of the planet for herself  ???.

"It looks like they were guilty after all. It surprises my that no one mentioned a god. I am assuming that Fusil helped them escape, for he was the one with the most objections, but I shall not come to a conclusion too hastily."

"Does it? That hardly looked like a correct answer, it was hardly coherent..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: January 18, 2015, 06:14:34 pm »

Apparently. :P

(Wood Elves, Ikan, Lycae, and Bienen)
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: January 18, 2015, 06:31:30 pm »

You realize what you've started? Now a bunch of others are going to feel obligated to propagate their followers too...
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: January 18, 2015, 06:47:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Butterfly effect: As the Bellatorus Sanatores grows the more well-protected the trade routes leading to Odolhirum become, leading to ever more immigrants and traders going to the city and improving its economy.

Odolhirum's wealth has allowed more noble houses to emerge and settle, leading to more squires for the Sanatores as no noble house wants to send their children to other knightly orders with lesser results and at greater expense. With most noble children squiring for the Restoration Knights, more permanent members are drawn from the nobility as many of these new knights do not stand to inherit anyway. Of course, they do so with their parents' blessing.

The new worship of Cyrix, the power of the nobility, the advent of the Sewa, and the joining together of the Lord-Protector of the city with the god of Harvest under one pantheon has turned Odolhirum into an agricultural powerhouse as well as a mercantile one. Aside from a local population increase, this attracts even more migrants to the city.

ISAY and all of its assets are transferred to Odolhirum. What isn't teleported by the magic of the mage's guild and Lord Malakath's magic is brought over by her Essence-use (2E max) or by mundane means.

The mercantile and agricultural aspects of the city leaves its nobles flush with money and without many practical things to spend it on. As such, they turn to other things to occupy their time. Azem's pleas for art inspire them to hire artists of various types, ISAY's presence gives them the idea to sponsor independent scientists to discover curiosities for them, and Azem's gift of mathematics and engineering, plus Khaziraad's influence in the city plus the inspiring nature of the Knights of Restoration's castle has them build their own grand buildings and public works to increase their prestige. Their wealth also allows for better funding of magical experiments both within and without the mage's guild, making experimentation with magic not only easier and more frequent, but safer.

Odolhirum has entered the Renaissance. Let all see the influence of Lord Malakath Lecta.

(City's population = 1,200,000; Bellatorus membership = 700; max 5E to make sure butterfly effect happens, hopefully less)

(Before Cyrix, Azem's saying he wants more art (god-speak has influence on its own, IIRC), and his help with architecture, I was leading up to this event anyway. It would've been stretched out over two Ticks with the first Tick focusing more on the nobility gaining more power and thus gaining wealth. The presence, actions, and influence of these two gods allowed me to squeeze it into one.)

(Wood Elves, Ikan, Lycae, and Bienen)
(What's a Bienen? Link so I can put it in the Bestiary?)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:36:34 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: January 18, 2015, 06:50:36 pm »

((The Sewa are in their own 'village' that is near that city, I suppose they could be very nice trade partners but they do live in their own city))
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: January 18, 2015, 06:57:03 pm »

((The Sewa are in their own 'village' that is near that city, I suppose they could be very nice trade partners but they do live in their own city))
(The way I see it, the city buys all the Sewa's produce and then sells it on, plus it can apply knowledge gained from your temples and the Sewa themselves to improve their own agricultural endeavours. Considering that our gods are strongly allied it's not unlikely that our cities are as well.)

"Cyrix, is there anything your Sewa want or desire? I can easily influence the city's response to the aid of their allies. Of course, I'll need to know exactly what to influence. Better homes? More military protection? Something else? All of the above?"

"As for the other gods, I advise that you put in some Essence into the growth of Odolhirum. This is the coming of a new age and it won't do well to be thought of as the ones who weren't there when it happened."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 475