Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607821 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T102: The Unreturn of ? ? ?
« Reply #6285 on: January 25, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »

"Of Course not, We need more Essence income so that we'll be able to fight them on their level!"

"Having bodies helps to an extent, but is not an end-all solution. The more we have, the less effect we will see. To increase your income, you would have to spend some essence spreading your sphere as Cim or Gruel have.

If you plan on fighting the Null directly you will end up disappointed. That plan is foolish. Even if we became strong enough to defeat them if they ever stepped foot into the Bubble, they can simply move our Bubble an inch and destroy everything inside it. Or pop it. Or a dozen other things we wouldn't be able to stop without enough knowlage. It would get us killed, without scratching the Null."

Speaking of fighting the void, why don't we distract them from our bubble?

Serac says

"We cannot kill even a single null. It's impossible.
Think about this, there are infinite bubbles. Void cultists exist in bubbles. Therefore, all nulls have infinite essence from the infinite cultists. And that's not even including void energy...

Only a null can possibly defeat a null."

So, we need to get them to ignore us somehow!

"Its your fault they noticed us in the first place, Serac. The original Sin of our bubble. What do you mean by distracting them?'
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: January 25, 2015, 07:15:14 pm »

Serac says

Think about this, there are infinite bubbles. Void cultists exist in bubbles. Therefore, all nulls have infinite essence from the infinite cultists. And that's not even including void energy...

"Excellent Point, How should we go about doing this?"

"Of Course not, We need more Essence income so that we'll be able to fight them on their level!"

"Having bodies helps to an extent, but is not an end-all solution. The more we have, the less effect we will see. To increase your income, you would have to spend some essence spreading your sphere as Cim or Gruel have.

If you plan on fighting the Null directly you will end up disappointed. That plan is foolish. Even if we became strong enough to defeat them if they ever stepped foot into the Bubble, they can simply move our Bubble an inch and destroy everything inside it. Or pop it. Or a dozen other things we wouldn't be able to stop without enough knowlage. It would get us killed, without scratching the Null."

Serac says

"Its your fault they noticed us in the first place, Serac. The original Sin of our bubble. What do you mean by distracting them?'

"I have been spreading my spheres but thank you for your opinion."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: January 25, 2015, 10:41:25 pm »

Malakath finds a book in the Divine Library relating to Cosmic magic, its relation to gods and Essence, and a god's ability to use Cosmic magic. She also finds a text to see if it's possible for a god to get soul-burnout from overusing magic and Cosmic magic especially.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: January 25, 2015, 11:28:07 pm »

Serac says

"What if we become the Null?

When you think about it, We're not that different. We are semi-omniscient beings with great power relative to mortals, and we confined to Bubbles with spheres of influence to which we center around. We gain Essence, which is similar to Void energy, from worship.

The Null are fully-omniscient beings. They have great power relative to us and extreme power relative to mortals. They belong to no Bubbles and have no specific spheres of influence. They harvest near-infinite Void energy at whim, but cannot apply it directly to Bubbles unless they have influence in them. They gain Bubble influence through mortal worship.

What if an extremely powerful god were to remove their spheres and eject themselves from the Bubble? Theoretically, should they survive the transfer, they could hen harvest Void energy and become one of the Null.

Perhaps we can join them, since we clearly cannot beat them."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: January 25, 2015, 11:34:31 pm »

"Nulls have spheres."

EDIT: (420 blaze it!)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:36:18 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: January 25, 2015, 11:39:11 pm »

"Your knowlage on Null is rather lax. This would likely get us killed, with no real gain. Though there is at least one theory that the Null used to be or are Gods of the Greater Bubble, though there is no evidence of that yet."

When you think about it, We're not that different. We are semi-omniscient beings with great power relative to mortals, and we confined to Bubbles with spheres of influence to which we center around. We gain Essence, which is similar to Void energy, from worship.

"We are nowhere near Omniscient. The things we know are completely eclipsed by the things we don't. If we where semi-omniscient, we would likely be able to know what to do about the Void. Essence is almost the same thing as Void Energy, which you are right about, though not in the way you believed."

The Null are fully-omniscient beings. They have great power relative to us and extreme power relative to mortals. They belong to no Bubbles and have no specific spheres of influence. They harvest near-infinite Void energy at whim, but cannot apply it directly to Bubbles unless they have influence in them. They gain Bubble influence through mortal worship.

"Likewise, the Null are not All-knowing either. They aren't even most knowing. They do belong to the Greater Bubble, and each one has a sphere of influence like we do. As I said before, you don't understand anything about them."

"It may be possible, but in the end we would be the weakest Null in existence. We would be forced to either pick a side in the conflict, destroying us, or not associate with anything, destroying us. It would also mean abandoning our followers, our bubble, and essentially going mad. Our existence would become meaninglessness, we would be Demons as they are."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: January 25, 2015, 11:54:49 pm »

"Your knowlage on Null is rather lax. This would likely get us killed, with no real gain. Though there is at least one theory that the Null used to be or are Gods of the Greater Bubble, though there is no evidence of that yet."

"We are nowhere near Omniscient. The things we know are completely eclipsed by the things we don't. If we where semi-omniscient, we would likely be able to know what to do about the Void. Essence is almost the same thing as Void Energy, which you are right about, though not in the way you believed."

"Likewise, the Null are not All-knowing either. They aren't even most knowing. They do belong to the Greater Bubble, and each one has a sphere of influence like we do. As I said before, you don't understand anything about them."

"It may be possible, but in the end we would be the weakest Null in existence. We would be forced to either pick a side in the conflict, destroying us, or not associate with anything, destroying us. It would also mean abandoning our followers, our bubble, and essentially going mad. Our existence would become meaninglessness, we would be Demons as they are."
"Oh sorry.(sarcasm) I got one detail on the Nulls wrong, thus everything else I said must be utterly wrong.

Sorry, I think disembodied would be a better term than omniscient.

We have bodies, but we can also influence things through Essence rather than just manually changing them. The Null, as far as we know, do not have bodies that can manifest themselves inside Bubbles, except the Greater Bubble.

"I'm not saying that becoming Null is our only option for survival, but it should be possible and we should look into it."
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:56:21 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: January 26, 2015, 12:35:59 am »

"I actually have a plan ready to kill any single Null, but they would probably learn to defend against it after the first time, and directly murder me and everyone I've associated with."

"Becoming Null, or at least a Null-like being, is definitely possible, right away if one wanted to, but as Fusil said, it would be a Very Bad Idea. One could take the golden mean between Void and Essence, but that would functionally double every cost of either energy, which would be a Bad Idea. You can count on me to do neither. I wouldn't even need to, considering with my sphere of Order and nothing but Essence I can perform half the things I could with Void Energy."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T103: Live by the dice
« Reply #6293 on: January 26, 2015, 07:29:49 am »

Tick 103: Live by the dice

Sappira has been recreated to the best of Malakath, Cyrix, and Azem's ability.

(I cannot help but notice that Serac's temple has been thoroughly demolished. Either Serac decided to build another one despite the backlash from the others or or you're not being selective enough with your lynching. ;) )

This update's constellations are the Rose and Claw.

(Malakath: -1E, Cyrix: -1E, Azem: -1E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (10) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Thralldom, Rivers, Travel, and Air. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Fleeing and Wisdom.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: January 26, 2015, 07:42:14 am »

Propagate Sewa and Guardians with 3E allow them to expand their city, and listen to their messages/prayers
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: January 26, 2015, 09:59:50 am »

KI'Tork attempts to talk to the Ice MegaBeast.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: January 26, 2015, 10:49:46 am »

KI'Tork also attempts to make it rain happy dust worldwide on both worlds for one week and tells everyone he did it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: January 26, 2015, 11:01:34 am »

Propagate Sewa and Guardians with 3E allow them to expand their city, and listen to their messages/prayers

(If you propagate them all at once, it will have a greater effect. Eg, 3E then 3E will be significantly less then just propagating by 6E)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: January 26, 2015, 04:18:49 pm »

Xaver appears out of void.

"...Hello?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: January 26, 2015, 04:21:45 pm »

"Oh, another new God. I was wondering when you would show up. Welcome, not much is happening right now. I suggest you read over the proposals and vote on them, before they all die.

By not much, I mean an army of Mermen just took over one of the two worlds. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and the Council will answer. Also, don't make me angry or you die. "

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 475