Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616600 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T103: Live by the dice
« Reply #6330 on: January 30, 2015, 01:16:14 am »

Atropos organizes a group of Twilight Born (Who would make amazing assassins if you think about it) into an assassins guild known as "Yol-tore". The assassins of the guild will gain the ability to steal the life-force of those they kill, extending their life at the cost of the target's.

Kit needs to get better if she wants to contend with the likes of Tykki and the other Arkangels... She should train more!
Also, she wants a rematch with Tykki. Could that be arranged?

Kit will spend some time every tick training in the DBP, anyone who wants to train with her/spar with her can. If no other god's angels show up, Angela and Nuparhi are willing to help her.

"I don't see why not, do you Tykki? Please go ahead and defeat her again. Use the same strategy as last time, it will probably work. Just for fun, use the Lahti L-39. Good luck."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: January 30, 2015, 01:19:21 am »

The Shiny Ones have a picnic sparring session in the DBP.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: January 30, 2015, 03:36:49 am »

Malakath organises a number of non-Void-worshipping sapients (besides Golems, Gremlins, Armu, etc.) into the group known as the Evil-Eaters.

Spoiler: Evil-Eaters (click to show/hide)

Lord Vandire Lecta invents a new chi/magic technique that can be used by intermediate or above chi-users. A chi-user can convert magical energy into chi and thus gain access to more powerful attacks, however, this is not the new technique. The new technique is done by cutting their chi-firing extremity and drawing blood which allows for maximumly-efficient magic-to-chi conversion when drawing chi to that extremity. This technique can be rather dangerous as drawing too much magic will result in soul-burnout.

I'll keep an eye on both of these new "experiments" and will intervene if unexpectedly bad consequences arise. (0E) For example, I designed Evil-Eaters so that it's functionally impossible for an Eater to be overcome with evil. One thing I'm particularly interested in is if praying to Darruth weakens their ability to control their evil side. It certainly doesn't strengthen it, after all.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:17:34 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: January 30, 2015, 06:25:16 am »

"Malakath. Considering what effects soul-eating has had on you in the past, do you really think it is a such a smart idea to routinely eat purely evil souls?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: January 30, 2015, 06:48:41 am »

"Ah, you mean the angel-eating incident? There's actually some important differences between then and now. For one, I was in the process of establishing my existence at the time. For two, I hadn't prepared myself for soul-eating mentally or magically, which means I couldn't suppress the soul enough to prevent it from "leaking" into me. With my existence firmly established and full preparation in place, there won't be any problems. Still, I am grateful for your concern and I acknowledge your wisdom in asking that question."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: January 30, 2015, 09:43:08 am »

Malakath organises a number of non-Void-worshipping sapients (besides Golems, Gremlins, Armu, etc.) into the group known as the Evil-Eaters.

Spoiler: Evil-Eaters (click to show/hide)

Lord Vandire Lecta invents a new chi/magic technique that can be used by intermediate or above chi-users. A chi-user can convert magical energy into chi and thus gain access to more powerful attacks, however, this is not the new technique. The new technique is done by cutting their chi-firing extremity and drawing blood which allows for maximumly-efficient magic-to-chi conversion when drawing chi to that extremity. This technique can be rather dangerous as drawing too much magic will result in soul-burnout.

I'll keep an eye on both of these new "experiments" and will intervene if unexpectedly bad consequences arise. (0E) For example, I designed Evil-Eaters so that it's functionally impossible for an Eater to be overcome with evil. One thing I'm particularly interested in is if praying to Darruth weakens their ability to control their evil side. It certainly doesn't strengthen it, after all.

"First off, does evil even exist as an entity that can be removed in such away? I am fairly certain it is a moral term and not a physical force that can be used in the way you describe it. It may be used to grant power to people like Durrath and those things he made, but it isn't exactly something that can be eaten. Second, it is a horrible,horrible idea to deliberately make something that is deliberately evil that has the power to eat souls. What in the world where you thinking? Third, I propose we remove the designation of "chi" to keep Malakath from assuming strange things about it. "
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: January 30, 2015, 09:46:58 am »

"I Accept Fusil's proposal. Also why can't you just be Satisfied with the fact that some Mortals are going to be evil and some are going to be good, It's part of their nature."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: January 30, 2015, 09:57:17 am »

While I disagree vehemently with KI'Tork's viewpoint, those things are still a terrible idea, for any number of reasons.

And the amount of logic shown by you believing that the God of Good would weaken someone's ability to control evil impulses, rather than strengthen that ability, is remarkably stifled.

And I would appreciate if you would come to me first if you're trying to do something like this, because chances are you don't know what Evil is, a lot of the times. Besides which, these abominations make it impossible to redeem someone's soul, and as there is no such thing as Pure Evil, you are erasing that chance every time they eat a soul./i]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: January 30, 2015, 10:00:11 am »

"I don't understand the idea that evil is irrevocably wrong but yes Evil-Eaters are indeed a royally screwed up idea."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: January 30, 2015, 10:31:27 am »

"I`m warning you now Malakath, keep your strange Evil-Eaters out of the North. Eating evil souls will destroy our reincarnation system removing a souls second chance."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: January 30, 2015, 10:35:44 am »

Malkath, remember when you devoured souls of my followers after they killed your angel? You realy want to have people doing such things in your name at random?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: January 30, 2015, 01:33:54 pm »

I also accept Fusil's proposal.

Also, the nature of Good and Evil is hugely fluid, and subject to great debate. Just because these so-called Evil-Eaters think someone or something is evil, doesn't mean they actually are Evil.

Indeed, Melyssa's followers routinely torture each other in her name. Torture, in and of itself, could be considered Evil, yet these people do it willingly, by choice. Does that make them Evil? No, it does not.

This is a foolish thing to do Malakath; if these Evil-Eaters come near any of my worshipers or Chance, they will be, at best, expelled from the region.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: January 30, 2015, 03:51:57 pm »

"First off, does evil even exist as an entity that can be removed in such away? I am fairly certain it is a moral term and not a physical force that can be used in the way you describe it. It may be used to grant power to people like Durrath and those things he made, but it isn't exactly something that can be eaten."
"Well, we'll find out soon enough, won't we? If it doesn't, I'm on standby to repair any damage it causes."

"Second, it is a horrible,horrible idea to deliberately make something that is deliberately evil that has the power to eat souls."
"Neither Evil-Eaters nor Evils are capable of eating souls. Evil-Eaters eat evil - not souls. Evils don't eat anything - they just exist."

"Third, I propose we remove the designation of "chi" to keep Malakath from assuming strange things about it. "
"I oppose this. I've done some experiments and chi does in fact exist. I found a volunteer Ikaku and asked him to fire a chi blast while I temporarily blocked off his ability to use magic. He remained able to fire the chi blast. There's still a couple of experiments I have left to do. I guess it won't hurt to do them openly."

I fire a chi blast at an uninhabited gas giant moon in Slytha while blocking magic-use (save for a pre-prepared quick-teleport spell) and I then fire another chi blast while NOT blocking magic-use. (I'm still not using magic - it's just that I'm not actively preventing its use.) (0E. I don't want to blow it up, obviously.) Is there a difference in how powerful the blasts were?

And the amount of logic shown by you believing that the God of Good would weaken someone's ability to control evil impulses, rather than strengthen that ability, is remarkably stifled.
"The way I see it, having a sphere gives you control of things over things that preside within that sphere and decrease control in things opposing that sphere. For example, Cim has great control over Order but poor control over Chaos. That's my theory, anyway, and this will test if that theory is correct. I shouldn't have presented my theory as an assumption. I suppose that's a holdover from Yaos' angel and I apologise for my behaviour in that regard."

Besides which, these abominations make it impossible to redeem someone's soul, and as there is no such thing as Pure Evil, you are erasing that chance every time they eat a soul.
"Evil-Eaters do not eat souls. They eat most - not all - of the evil within someone and they send the soul to Zeranzel where they will stay a while before reincarnating. Evils are an entirely separate entity from the Evil-Eater and those they kill that are literally and entirely created from evil. How can such a being be anything but pure evil?"

"Eating evil souls will destroy our reincarnation system removing a souls second chance."
"Evil-Eaters don't eat souls. If you're referring to my eating of Evils, know that it won't destroy the reincarnation system because it's adding one soul and immediately subtracting one soul. It's zero-sum and thus harmless. As for second chances, it's unwise to give a being of pure evil a second chance."

Malkath, remember when you devoured souls of my followers after they killed your angel? You realy want to have people doing such things in your name at random?
"That is an excellent point, Khaziraad. I'd thought something would go wrong but I didn't know what. That's why I chose to go on standby when it did. Now that I see what could go wrong, I have reason enough to stop or at least pause creation of the Evil-Eaters."

Cancel creation of Evil-Eaters.

"Why was everyone under the impression that Evil-Eaters eat souls? If you reread the description, you'll find they do no such thing. They eat the evil in people's souls but they don't eat the souls themselves. The souls of those they kill go to Zeranzel and then reincarnate. When an Evil-Eater overflows with evil, a purely evil soul is spontaneously created as a separate entity of the Evil-Eater outside its body. I eat that new entity that's separate from both the original evil (but not pure evil) soul and the Evil-Eater."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: January 30, 2015, 04:05:55 pm »

"...So you were planning to create souls, that are pure evil and unable to be good, just so your Evil-Eaters can eat them, or am I confused about what you are trying to make?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: January 30, 2015, 04:09:44 pm »

"You're confused about what I'm trying to make."
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 475