Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616992 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [20+/999 players] IC: T105: The price of creation
« Reply #6585 on: February 04, 2015, 02:36:47 am »

In a totally unprecedented move (no joke, it's actually unprecedented), Lord Malakath listens to the prayers of those praying to the Council as a whole.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: February 04, 2015, 02:47:09 am »

Might I ask what you hope to gain from what, in my view, is an entirely pointless activity?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: February 04, 2015, 02:50:45 am »

"Well, if a mortal were to, for example, find out about a large Void summoning ceremony, they might pray to their god about the event or they might use their enhanced common-sense to warn the entire Council of the Bubble-threatening event, as they rightly should. Aside from that, it would be rather interesting to see what mortals pray to the Council for. Besides, how would you know if it's a pointless activity when it's never even been done before?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: February 04, 2015, 03:04:09 am »

Common sense doesn't mean that they're going to do "the right thing". Why would warning the Council be the right thing anyway? They'll use this common sense to realise we haven't actually done all that much to counter Void influence, and do something else, probably for their own benefit. Because that's sensible.

It's pointless because the individual members of the Council are more likely to give a shit about their own creations, to the detriment of others, especially since it's unlikely to benefit them very much.

Point in fact: we very rarely agree with how to deal with things, the recent Merfolk Incident being a great example. Did we actually do anything about it? No, we looked out for our own people, and to the Void with the rest of them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: February 04, 2015, 10:10:38 am »

KI'Tork listens to Prayers.

"Hey,Muighoseph'aalaunw! What is it you need? I'd be glad to help as long as it's not destructive towards the Bubble, I'm fine with obnoxiousness though."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:23:26 am by LuckyKobold »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: February 04, 2015, 01:46:20 pm »

"Well, if a mortal were to, for example, find out about a large Void summoning ceremony, they might pray to their god about the event or they might use their enhanced common-sense to warn the entire Council of the Bubble-threatening event, as they rightly should. Aside from that, it would be rather interesting to see what mortals pray to the Council for. Besides, how would you know if it's a pointless activity when it's never even been done before?"

"You are really putting far to much stock  in a 0E common sense upgrade. You don't even know what it really does, yet you act like it is a perfect solution for everything. Couldn't you at least do some experiments to see what the difference is before shoving it into everything?"

KI'Tork listens to Prayers.

"Hey,Muighoseph'aalaunw! What is it you need? I'd be glad to help as long as it's not destructive towards the Bubble, I'm fine with obnoxiousness though."

"If you even think about it I will literally cut you in half. Two hundred times."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: February 04, 2015, 01:57:34 pm »

Listen to the prayers of any Ice Golems, because I don't think I have answered any prayer from them yet and move the Drrol to the ice planet.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #6592 on: February 04, 2015, 03:21:53 pm »

((in response to the denying of a wish for gills))
Raptil:
"Aww."

I suggest we look into some sort of Self-Contained-Underwater-Breathing-Apparatus, so that air breathing creatures can breathe underwater, unless it already exists.

Raptil:
"We bought some floatstone, so it's not too hard to drop boulders on them"

Yeah, that could work if you used the floatstone to hold the boulders. You could also use it to bring back the game you dropped the boulders on, amongst other things.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:34:49 pm by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: February 04, 2015, 03:25:00 pm »

"Fusil, You Threaten an Entire Pantheon with only 16 Essence? What a Hollow Gesture! I thought you were the God of Weapons, Not Petty Insults!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: February 04, 2015, 03:26:29 pm »

"Fusil, You Threaten an Entire Pantheon with only 16 Essence? What a Hollow Gesture! I thought you were the God of Weapons, Not Petty Insults!"

"Do you really think that how much essence I have is the issue? I am far more powerful then your entire pantheon in all ways. Tykki can nuke you for free, I could have you turned into a pile of ash in seconds."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: February 04, 2015, 03:31:10 pm »

"Ah. How I long for proposal 103.09 to pass. It will finally become more quiet."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: February 04, 2015, 03:32:10 pm »

"Do you really think that how much essence I have is the issue? I am far more powerful then your entire pantheon in all ways. Tykki can nuke you for free, I could have you turned into a pile of ash in seconds."

((I think it's telling that I thought that it would be wasteful to burn them to ash, when you can burn them to charcoal instead...))

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: February 04, 2015, 03:45:12 pm »

"Exactly how are you more powerful than the Entire Holy Meofisp? Age? Spheres? Please Fusil, Enlighten Me, I'm dying to hear your half-hearted excuse for your arrogance."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: February 04, 2015, 03:49:07 pm »

"Exactly how are you more powerful than the Entire Holy Meofisp? Age? Spheres? Please Fusil, Enlighten Me, I'm dying to hear your half-hearted excuse for your arrogance."

"Firepower. A war between us could be decided by a single blow. I have more firepower then your pantheon, no, the rest of the Gods combined. Age and sphere helped with that, I suppose, but the end result is me being far more powerful then you could imagine."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: February 04, 2015, 03:57:37 pm »

"Ah well, Either way at least one of us would die, And as annoying as your threats can be, Stopping them isn't worth that cost, G'Day."

KI'Tork summons Fusil a Jelly Roll.
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 475