Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616638 times)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T106: Vertebrate Council?
« Reply #6630 on: February 04, 2015, 09:09:42 pm »

((I feel we should give him a break for now, since he has a week to catch up on, but if he doesn't mind when things slow down, then I'd support it.))
"Can you pass a law against doing anything with mortals?"
(aside)"See what you gods have done?"
(To mortal)"Are you sure you'd even want that? We'd be cutting you off from all good things that we do for you, as well as the bad. It would also leave us husks of our former selves because everything we have ever done in this bubble influenced mortals, and if we could not do that, we could do nothing."

Oppose killing K'I'Tork.

"Anyone else interpreting that as a threat?

"If we where to go by your moronic sense of threats, you would be able to imprison me for whatever slight you desire. I propose we send Kaybar into the sun, too. And keep him there this time."
"I oppose your foolishness. I think if you threaten someone, it should be counted as a threat, and now that our proposal has passed, you might want to watch your mouth.

I think that if someone feels threatened by your actions, it is legally a threat.

K'I'Tork, do you feel threatened?"

"That is absurd. A coward like you would feel threatened by anything. The beliefs of a pathetic fraidykit like you has no bearing on my non-imprisonment. I do hope the other Gods go along with my justified proposal to send you into the sun, for the good of the children."
"For the good of the children I propose we toss Fusil into the sun."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: February 04, 2015, 09:15:25 pm »

"Hilarious. Note that I asked how K'I'Tork felt, not myself. If you want to know my feeling right now, I'm mildly annoyed. Happy?

I'd like an explanation of how throwing me into the sun is going to help children."

Support!
"I now feel happy."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: February 04, 2015, 09:23:39 pm »

"Hilarious. Note that I asked how K'I'Tork felt, not myself. If you want to know my feeling right now, I'm mildly annoyed. Happy?

I'd like an explanation of how throwing me into the sun is going to help children."

Support!
"I now feel happy."

"You see, by throwing you into the sun we give it energy. You will radiate all your energy into the sun, which will in turn go to the planet. There it will feed the plants incredibly well, seeing as it has all your godly energy in it, making the most nutritious vegetables in existence. Children will then eat these vegetables and grow strong and smart. Therefore, for the children, we must throw you into the sun!"

"Oppose throwing me into the sun. Too much iron in the diet can cause a variety of problems, which would then be put into children. Do you want to give children liver failure, you monsters?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: February 04, 2015, 09:27:43 pm »

Support!
"I now feel happy."

"You see, by throwing you into the sun we give it energy. You will radiate all your energy into the sun, which will in turn go to the planet. There it will feed the plants incredibly well, seeing as it has all your godly energy in it, making the most nutritious vegetables in existence. Children will then eat these vegetables and grow strong and smart. Therefore, for the children, we must throw you into the sun!"

"Oppose throwing me into the sun. Too much iron in the diet can cause a variety of problems, which would then be put into children. Do you want to give children liver failure, you monsters?"

:D"I'm going to miss your amusing arguments when someone eventually offs you."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: February 04, 2015, 09:31:33 pm »

Support!
"I now feel happy."

"I`m not even sure how to respond to this...."  ???

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: February 04, 2015, 09:39:39 pm »

"I was there when we born Fusil, and I don't remember you hitting your head on anything. And yet, here we are."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: February 04, 2015, 09:45:50 pm »

*chortles with glee*

Oh this will be fun.

I propose Council laws work via the spirit of the law, not the letter of it. Thus, we can avoid Fusil's constant attempts at loopholing.

Oppose anyone being thrown into sun
Oppose 104.1
Support 105.00
Wonder how/why 103.06 died
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: February 04, 2015, 09:51:01 pm »

I propose Council laws work via the spirit of the law, not the letter of it. Thus, we can avoid Fusil's constant attempts at loopholing.
Oppose. It works well as it does not and has for a long time. There's no need to change it just because of this single incident.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: February 04, 2015, 09:54:38 pm »

Oppose. It works well as it does not and has for a long time. There's no need to change it just because of this single incident.

'It's worked so far' does not mean it could not be improved, and it is not because of a single incident. There have been multiple occasions where arguments were made about technically this or by the way it's worded that. It annoys me greatly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: February 04, 2015, 10:01:37 pm »

*chortles with glee*

Oh this will be fun.

Oppose 104.1
Support 105.00

"Support. Arguing over technicalities is annoying."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #6640 on: February 04, 2015, 10:02:04 pm »

"Ah, but Fusil and Malakath, you know not which mage I meant. Are you yourselves currently in need of great power or control, perhaps? I am sure Malakath would not mind greater ability with souls and Fusil would probably be delighted to study a true Void weapon."

(Neron: -3E)
Neron: You have enchanted the Northern Crown to grant Meofisp followers power over ice and snow, especially Rani.
"To Reduce Time Spent On Maintenance."

Council records: I don't even know what you're requesting, and if you ask for others' copies, ask them instead. One thing I don't do (except for minor spelling corrections to Grauel/Gruen/Gruel/Grauen somewhere near the beginning) is edit if it's been more than a day. This helps keep things trustworthy and reliable on my end. (Time manipulation may or may not be an exception)

Malakath:
"Alright, then."
"How do I even find a blood-drinker? There aren't any in my school!"

Council:
"Ah, thanks, then."
Law-against-playing-with-mortals-guy: Random Human
"Yes, but your endless competition affects us too!"

Happens to the sealed away: You would think that would be the case. ::)

(Cyrix: -1E)
Cyrix: You have created the *Plane of Harvests.

(103.06: 56% support as of the update, had opposition, failed to meet required support (60%))

The Merfolk Emperor has encouraged the construction of a few pantheons (building) throughout his empire. A few prisoners have been released.

Spoiler: Proposalog (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: February 04, 2015, 10:10:59 pm »

Oppose 104.1
Support 105.00

Oppose

The fault is with those who word the proposals poorly, not with the system itself. I like to know exactly what a proposal is going to do when it passes. I don't want to have to guess at all the possible non specified intentions the person who proposed it might have.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: February 04, 2015, 10:24:18 pm »

Send a message to the Sewa
"My people, I have created a world for your souls to reside. It will be one with out heartache or troubles, there you will sleep for a year and a thousand more, while you sleep I will create a haven for you. A new planet, one for farming and harvest, one free of wars and tyrant, one with which you may farm. Your excess crop grown there will be sent to the good people of these worlds to benefit them and give them reason not to tamper with your new world, you shall benefit all and live the lives you were made to live. You will have your own cities and you may run yourselves as you see fit but always remember a good harvest comes from a worship of your creator and a good soul all the same, believe in me and you shall be taken to this haven, disbelieve and you shall slumber for ten thousand eternities till your slumber has driven you void"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: February 04, 2015, 10:34:18 pm »

Oppose 104.1
Support 105.00

Oppose

The fault is with those who word the proposals poorly, not with the system itself. I like to know exactly what a proposal is going to do when it passes. I don't want to have to guess at all the possible non specified intentions the person who proposed it might have.
Not their intention. The spirit of it, as seen by everyone.

I believe the systems of the Council are competent enough that that would be a nonissue, if we were to allow them to judge laws based on their spirit, rather than the letter. I take great care now to word my proposals carefully, but I have no wish to draw up a contract and no one else has a wish to read one.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: February 04, 2015, 10:40:17 pm »

Not everyone is going to agree on the spirit of the law in most instances. Would we determine the spirit through another vote? Majority rule? In the end, the effort of figuring out the "spirit" of the law will result in just as much debate as any revision would require. Contract like laws may be a pain but it's the most effective way to go about it without issues. The nature of the council is one that requires specificity and debate. If you don't want those things, then you're likely better off doing things yourself or with the help of other gods outside the council.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 475