Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616695 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T108: Relay
« Reply #6750 on: February 06, 2015, 10:00:08 pm »

"First off, this changes nothing. In what way will this even affect the reincarnation system?"

"Second, that was a very poor threat, god of weapons."

"Allowing people to walk between the worlds, the worlds they are reincarnated to at death, practically at will? This completely ruins the system. If you notice, you don't even have to be a follower to use this. Anyone with something they can sacrifice can simply go to what is effectively the world they would enter when they die. At any time. The perfect system would be forever changed, forever ruined.

And I have to get clever with my threats, as I am forbidden from specifically threatening violence. Non-violent threats are rather difficult for me."

I've been thinking about this for a while but since there are a growing number of planets, planetoids, moons, etc with living creatures on it, we might want to consider changing the reincarnation system so that souls just reincarnate at whatever location needs souls the most. I'm not proposing this yet because I'd rather hear thoughts on the idea first and any additions, changes, objections, etc people might have to the idea.

The old system was definitely good but I'm not sure how it will hold up with the increasing number of habitable locations that are removed from the original planets.

"There are not enough habitable locations to ruin it as of yet. The current system has worked fine. Perfectly. Change is not necessary. The solution, of course, is to stop making pointless planets like the one made of ice."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: February 06, 2015, 10:01:58 pm »

Create an atmosphere suitable to the Sewa on the planet and create the closed Sewa reincarnation system, allow stasis spirits to cycle back in once the system is set up so the stasis spirits don't deteriorate or sink into the void
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: February 06, 2015, 10:06:26 pm »

"First off, this changes nothing. In what way will this even affect the reincarnation system?"

"Allowing people to walk between the worlds, the worlds they are reincarnated to at death, practically at will? This completely ruins the system. If you notice, you don't even have to be a follower to use this. Anyone with something they can sacrifice can simply go to what is effectively the world they would enter when they die. At any time. The perfect system would be forever changed, forever ruined.

And I have to get clever with my threats, as I am forbidden from specifically threatening violence. Non-violent threats are rather difficult for me."

"If that was non violent then I must be a God of Fire."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: February 06, 2015, 10:06:40 pm »

Create an atmosphere suitable to the Sewa on the planet and create the closed Sewa reincarnation system, allow stasis spirits to cycle back in once the system is set up so the stasis spirits don't deteriorate or sink into the void
((This just reminded me that I need to do the same))

Close the Gasbag's reincarnation system, making them reincarnate as other of their own, since their brain structure is incompatible with that of most mortals. This also means that no mortal can reincarnate as a Gasbag. My specie remains unknown to the other sapient races.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: February 06, 2015, 10:14:18 pm »

"What is violent about giving a man directions? Certainly, it is a most peaceful action, no matter what the man does with them."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: February 06, 2015, 10:16:06 pm »

"What is violent about giving a man directions? Certainly, it is a most peaceful action, no matter what the man does with them."
"Maybe I will give the Merfolk Emperor some directions to the Armu lands then..."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: February 06, 2015, 10:20:12 pm »

"Maybe I will give the Merfolk Emperor some directions to the Armu lands then..."

"And those directions would be 'past all those smiley faced statues with big bows, into the heavily armed dome filled with angry tentacle people with hundreds of weapons each, the form-transforming people, and maybe Wani who all live under a God who is willing to nuke all his land if he sets a single finger on one of his cities'. I think he knows where they are, but would not be stupid enough to try it."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: February 06, 2015, 10:50:15 pm »

"Grauel, I never thought that I would have agreed with you, But that's a good idea! I Approve of it. Anyways it's nice to know that now Mortals can transfer ideas between Planets, Which will likely increase Commerce, Technology and so on, It has nothing but benefits for the Entire Council! I also have an Idea! What if we pooled our Essence to create an Infinite Temple Dimension where our Worshipers can go to pray instead of in an ordinary Temple. It would likely increase their Faith to be surrounded by their Deity's Spheres and prevent Vandalism and Temple Defacing because the Plane would be Infinite! And every Deity would have their own section of course, And just picture the Potential for Feasts! Violence would be completely impossible in the Dimension to prevent squabbles and infighting but there could be Arenas and such where Certain Deities*Cough*Fusil*Cough* would be able to practice their Spheres without harming others. Also New God, I'm completely fine with you spreading your Religion to my followers as long as they don't ditch me for it. I don't know why some Deities insist on Starving the Newbies, It's quite jacked up in my opinion."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: February 06, 2015, 11:04:38 pm »

"Grauel, I never thought that I would have agreed with you, But that's a good idea! I Approve of it. Anyways it's nice to know that now Mortals can transfer ideas between Planets, Which will likely increase Commerce, Technology and so on, It has nothing but benefits for the Entire Council! I also have an Idea! What if we pooled our Essence to create an Infinite Temple Dimension where our Worshipers can go to pray instead of in an ordinary Temple. It would likely increase their Faith to be surrounded by their Deity's Spheres and prevent Vandalism and Temple Defacing because the Plane would be Infinite! And every Deity would have their own section of course, And just picture the Potential for Feasts! Violence would be completely impossible in the Dimension to prevent squabbles and infighting but there could be Arenas and such where Certain Deities*Cough*Fusil*Cough* would be able to practice their Spheres without harming others. Also New God, I'm completely fine with you spreading your Religion to my followers as long as they don't ditch me for it. I don't know why some Deities insist on Starving the Newbies, It's quite jacked up in my opinion."

Thank you for your comprehension, even thought the goal of my books were to pacify a few dangerous cults, gaining a few followers along the way, as proven by the last tick. I do not know yet if I will support or oppose this project.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: February 06, 2015, 11:11:41 pm »

"Grauel, I never thought that I would have agreed with you, But that's a good idea! I Approve of it."

Because of our spheres? Funny, I never really give much though to your sphere when I talk to you. Not that we talk that much...

I don't have any complaints against your suggestion as long as it turns out not to be too expensive with all said and done.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: February 06, 2015, 11:21:53 pm »

Propose that we know the identities of the god or gods who helped the Merman Emperor and propose that we know the Merman Emperor's motives and goals.

"We ought to stop procrastinating on this issue. As gods we should've already dealt with this a long time ago."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:23:36 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: February 06, 2015, 11:39:55 pm »

Propose that we know the identities of the god or gods who helped the Merman Emperor and propose that we know the Merman Emperor's motives and goals.

"We ought to stop procrastinating on this issue. As gods we should've already dealt with this a long time ago."

Somehow I doubt this will work all that well. One way or another. Besides which, at this point, there's no reason to. Antagonizing him will only worsen the situation, which has stabilized and improved again.

Additionally, I myself am opposed to the portals, as there is a purpose to having separate worlds, not least of which is that if a second, larger Mer-Emperor incident occurs, they cannot gain control of everything.

And before you make some comment about nuking them if they try and touch your cities, Fusil, I'll point out that this would cause Mega-Deaths, resulting in the Council being very upset with you again, and that you have no real reason to nuke them if they wanted to take over peacefully, anyway, since it's not like they started mandating worship of any one God, as far as can be told.

Finally, as the Merfolk Emperor's been content to consolidate what he's conquered so far, and it's not all that large, I doubt that he would care about a second world yet, Fusil, so it was a poor threat in far more ways than one.

But it was certainly a threat.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: February 06, 2015, 11:54:21 pm »

Somehow I doubt this will work all that well. One way or another. Besides which, at this point, there's no reason to. Antagonizing him will only worsen the situation, which has stabilized and improved again.
"We wouldn't antagonize him because the proposals won't affect him even if they pass, especially the first proposal."

And before you make some comment about nuking them if they try and touch your cities, Fusil, I'll point out that this would cause Mega-Deaths, resulting in the Council being very upset with you again,
"Firstly, that proposal is meant to relate to him threatening us, our objects, or our subjects - not those unaffiliated to us and you know it. Secondly, I'm pretty sure he meant that he'd nuke the Merman's armies rather than Merfolk cities. Civilians are sacrosanctum, but armies are fair game."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: February 06, 2015, 11:57:47 pm »

I don't think it's that easy. If it was, I'd have made a proposal about who if anyone has used time warping to modify past events and what events have they modified. Or for that matter, who was the HoDo killer? Or who started the plagues? Who killed those sleeping gods really early on? The Demons? The Parasites?

The list goes on. If you're going to try and get answers to one through the council, you might as well try to get answers for all of them.

Anyway, I prefer doing investigations myself if at all and I trust the results far more that way. No offense to the council.

Edit:

For the record, if I find out the one using time manipulation is just doing it to look into the past and not to mess around with it, I won't be annoyed. I'm only going to be annoyed if the past is messed with.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:59:44 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: February 07, 2015, 12:12:16 am »

Azem (Wealth, Trade): 67/66, 8-9
"Why does Azem have 67/66 Essence?"
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 475