Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 603282 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T108: Relay
« Reply #6855 on: February 09, 2015, 04:33:35 pm »

"Greetings, I have an announcement to make!

As you know, I'm a utilitarian good in that I give my followers Deception and Guile, but considering how close these two are to each other, I'm changing my secondary sphere to Fire, so that they may have an even greater tool in addition to Deception!

Appear to my my followers in Arenne and Ñurnea, as well as propelling my voice through every temple to me and from every statue of me:
My statue of Àrenne changes from rock to molten rock retaining it's shape. My Grand Temple in Ñurnea has its oil pools' flames rise in size and intensity, with me appearing in the center of the room."Greetings, my faithful followers. Long ago, I gave you the powerful tool of deception and have guided you to use it well. Today I return to you to give you a new tool, Fire. A powerful force capable of building, destroying, or changing. Today, I rise from the ashes, shining as a brighter flame! I return to you now, under a new name, Quéßäre(k/a/y-b/a/r, think K-bear), which is spelled the same way. Do not let it deceive you."The base of statue in Àrenne changes to an eternally lit brazier of steel, suspending the statue which has now cooled down, becoming a cool, dark steel. The amulet of Light Crystals given to me by the light stays on it's neck. The oil pools in Ñurnea have become eternally flaming without need of fuel, much like Àrenne'z brazier.
Use 6E to perform this and random miracles to needy followers, letting them know it was me.

Spoiler: Lawmode, 1 tick (click to show/hide)
107.98: Did Fusil threaten Ghizher? (1-0)
+1/Yes from Malakath
Yes it is a threat.
((I will make a new character sheet when I get the chance, but don't have time right now))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:46:17 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: February 09, 2015, 04:41:14 pm »

Support 107.00

107.98: Did Fusil threaten Ghizher? No
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: February 09, 2015, 09:43:08 pm »

On the topic of 107.98, yes, Fusil did threaten me, I cannot believe that anyone who have heard our discussion can believe that he did not threatened me, he practically admitted it when he said, and I cite:
"A certain proposal doesn't allow me to say what I would like to. Tykki, could you make what I am trying to say more clear?"
Clearly a reference to the proposal that made threats a crime, as I believe there is no other one that could be applied in this context, meaning that this is an admittance of his intention to threaten me.
In conclusion, there is no doubt of Fusil's intentions, considering the evidences shown so far and his well known habit of threatening other gods.

I will appear to my specie, the gasbags, and greatly encourage them to reproduce at an accelerated rate, promising a great reward soon.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:46:36 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: February 09, 2015, 09:45:04 pm »

((Double post again xp, was trying to make a small edit, but pressed the quote button instead))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:26:13 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: February 09, 2015, 09:53:41 pm »

Oppose 106.04
Support 106.05
Oppose 107.00
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: February 09, 2015, 10:31:07 pm »

I don't think we should be punishing Fusil for making threats. It's what he does, and he hasn't caused any harm doing it, other than bruised egos and minor annoyance.

Indeed, the only time I can recall, at least since my manifestation, of him following through with a threat was when I actually urged him to shoot me. That, quite literally, hurt him more than it hurt me.

Indeed, taking the significant step of sealing him away for just being annoying is ridiculously excessive, akin to razing a building to destroy an insect colony inside.

I would like to think that we, as gods, can be above pettiness, but perhaps I'm wrong in that view.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: February 09, 2015, 10:47:32 pm »

"I was going to say that Fusil invented pettiness, but I may be wrong about that."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: February 09, 2015, 11:17:44 pm »

I don't think we should be punishing Fusil for making threats. It's what he does, and he hasn't caused any harm doing it, other than bruised egos and minor annoyance.

Indeed, the only time I can recall, at least since my manifestation, of him following through with a threat was when I actually urged him to shoot me. That, quite literally, hurt him more than it hurt me.

Indeed, taking the significant step of sealing him away for just being annoying is ridiculously excessive, akin to razing a building to destroy an insect colony inside.

I would like to think that we, as gods, can be above pettiness, but perhaps I'm wrong in that view.

It is true I do not expect him to follow through, but the point is that he made a threat while he knew that it was forbidden, and was aware of the kind of trouble he would get into if he did such an act, which he did. He brought this situation upon himself.

If we don't follow our own rules, then what is the point of making them in the first place? Should we abandon the council and do as we wish, regardless of the opinion of others?

On the matter of punishment, you are correct that being sealed is quite a lot for small crimes. We should have a smaller punishment available for smaller crimes. Perhaps a small payment in essence?

Edit: And I remove my support for 107.00
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:33:47 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: February 09, 2015, 11:32:09 pm »

Sealed away for a day seems to be good enough until you found a better solution,

Hail the pantheon

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: February 10, 2015, 05:31:46 am »

Hail the pantheon
((THE LIGHT IS YAOS REINCARNATION CONFIRMED))

"I have a minor announcement to make. I will not be going as out of my way to be good as much as I used to. I will continue to endeavour to not be evil, however. This is merely to explain some actions I may make in the future."

I send 7 angel priests to the Ritan to spread my religion. I send the remaining 14 angel priests to give food to the hungry, clothe the poor, build homes for the homeless, and heal the sick, regardless of whether they worship me or not.

"Do the Gruen still kill and eat sapient beings who don't consent? Be honest."

I ask the Gruen if they continue to do the above.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:33:12 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T109: GleeJoy!
« Reply #6865 on: February 10, 2015, 05:39:01 am »

Tick 109: GleeJoy!

Ghizher has named the unnamed gas giant D'hrool pending complaints and created the Gasbags, a race of gas creatures with lightning brains vulnerable to pressure changes and dissipation, the most common cause of death by aging. There are about 300 of them. They have been taught the art of blackmail.

Raptil:
"Where might we find interesting monsters to hunt?"
"Is there a way of hunting Pain Moles without comical hammers?"

KI'Tork has created dozens of portals on beaten paths and trade routes connecting Keshan and Slytha and places of the Holy Meofisp requiring worship of the Holy Meofisp or its members or a sacrifice valuable to The Holy Meofisp to prevent random intra-world teleportation. Fusil has attempted to seal as many as possible and Neron has attempted to protect them. Malakath has supported Fusil's stance. @@@

The Frost Kobolds have not changed in number significantly or progressed appreciably. They are moderately faithful to The Holy Meofisp.

Malakath has rewarded a wizard submitting a massive rock and water squid in a sea of fire for the elemental wizard competition with much money and the runners-up with small amounts of money.

The Eldritch books seem to have traces of Void influence but not Essence. It is hard to tell whether it is godly or Void and may be something else.

A Sewa-suitable atmosphere has been created on the new planet, and reincarnation has been defined as closed to the planet. The spirits in stasis have been released to the new world.

The Gasbags' reincarnation system has been closed as well.

Malakath has created Mystic Weed and given some to Khaziraad. Fusil has attempted to destroy them and failed.

Fusil has created the Wani.

KI'Tork has created *frost-resistant Mystic Weed and distributed it to the Frost Kobolds.

Melyssa has checked around and found some eldritch books in Flagellant cities. It appears this is the cause of much fun a.k.a. torture.

Ghizher has gone around recruiting humans to build a settlement for gold and building materials. A reasonable number have agreed.

The line of Soul Protectors has been discontinued in favor of Soul Armor.

Some Malakathian missionaries have begun distributing Mystic Weed where Mystic Snow is consumed more frequently. Their guards are selected for lack of desire to consume Mystic Weed. Fusil and Fortuna work to repel the Less Mirthful Missionaries. Missionaries have been instructed to distribute only as much as is required to last a day. They are no longer distributing it and it no longer exists, but these events still happened.

Frost Weed does not affect Essence. (Seriously? :P)

The Turonni have been given an anti-drug PSA. Less functional drug users are to be employed in less desirable professions. Weaning quantities of the drugs and paroles have been made available.

Ghizher has created night eyes, thorny flowers whose petals can be used to create truth serum and whose thorns contain an antidote and deadly poison and distributed 5 000 split across Keshan and Slytha.

Tykki has cast Defend on Fusil for 108.04. Cim has performed the counterspell, Sue. Cim, Azem, Tykki, and Fusil are now in a strange shrine with many chairs with Azem and Cim on one side and Fusil and Tykki on the other. Notably, Cim and Tykki are wearing black clothing and carrying what appear to be rectangular bags with metal buckles. (Cim's thing was canceled by the Lawmancy)

Summons have been sent to The Light, Ghizher, Raptil, Atropos, Neron, Quéßäre, Schrodinger, Melyssa, Joha, Cyrix, Xaver, and Darruth.

The God Engines have counterspelled Cim, casting Defense. They also appera at the strange room in black and white clothing carrying rectangular bags.

KI'Tork has given Cim a Five-Star Kitchen.

Malakath has given Khaziraad some Frost Wed.

The Gruen can no longer become addicted unless specified.

Neron has created a highly addictive mushroom called IceGrowth providing strange visions and distributed it on Nikjol where it thrives.

Ghizher has created Tyrannis, a narcotic vine on Slytha. It is highly addictive, provides enhanced senses, causes aggression, and mental degradation, destroying sapience with long-term use.

KI'Tork has issued a requirement that Frost Kobold priests use Frost Weed during rituals and prayers with amusing results.

Followers of Darruth (and those around them to a lesser extent) have been granted immunity to addictions.

KI'Tork has instructed that chefs be respected above all while in the kitchen. A variety of races follow KI'Tork to varying degrees.

Quéßäre's secondary sphere is now Fire. Quéßäre's temples have been updated appropriately.

Ghizher has encouraged the Gasbags to reproduce as quickly as possible. Onlookers will note an ever-so-slightly increased radio signal from D'hrool.

Fusil has been sealed away and confined to the god-harming sun. Fusil has taken 3E worth of damage! Tykki's client's absence does not reflect very well on the defense.

The deities sealed by Fusil could not be located even by the Council.

(Accents acute will be switched to accents grave later)

(Proposals mismarked: Don't worry about it too much. I recount on resolution. It's more for the voters' convenience than mine.)

Spoiler: Lawmode, YES (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

This update's constellations are the Crown and Ship.

(Ghizher: -3E, Cyrix: -5E, Ghizher: -2E, Fusil: -7E, KI'Tork: -1E, Ghizher: -3E, Grauel: -4E, Neron: -1E, Ghizher: -1E, Darruth: -4E, Quéßäre: -6E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Youth, Seasons, Travel, and Animals. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Growth and Fleeing.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: February 10, 2015, 06:29:51 am »

@@@
???

The line of Soul Protectors has been discontinued in favor of Soul Armor.
That's Soul Armour with a 'u'. You don't spell Humans "umans", do you?

Frost Weed does not affect Essence. (Seriously? :P)
I also tested the effects of traditional healing potions on Essence. It wasn't explicitly stated that they didn't, therefore it is scientifically proven that they DO refill a god's Essence! I drink more traditional healing potions.

108.04: Fusil violated §4 of the Code of Conduct and forced mortals not to worship other gods. [RESOLVED T110]
This trial is not related to murder, attempted murder, or assault. Therefore it should be resolved after the standard 2 Ticks.

You forgot my last actions:
I send 7 angel priests to the Ritan to spread my religion. I send the remaining 14 angel priests to give food to the hungry, clothe the poor, build homes for the homeless, and heal the sick, regardless of whether they worship me or not.

I ask the Gruen if they continue to do the above.

Oppose 107.00: Repeal 103.09
Oppose 108.00: Remove religion favoritism. Reason: Vagueness over meaning of "favouritism".
Oppose 108.01: Create an infinite temple dimension. Reason: We can just repurpose the Spirit World for that.
Oppose 108.09: Make humans have three heads
Support 108.04: Fusil violated §4 of the Code of Conduct and forced mortals not to worship other gods. Reason: While forcing people to not worship other gods isn't strictly against ACoC, it certainly goes against the spirit of Part 4 of the Code. More importantly and much more relevantly, Fusil has made it obvious that "religious purity" - described as worship of him and him alone - is being forced on A-S-H cities, meaning that he is forcing people to worship him as per his policy.

Fusil has at least 1 Tick remaining on his sentence due to this threat which is so obviously a threat that it doesn't require lawmode:
"If you continue to oppose me, I could always just give the directions of these portals to that Merman Emperor. Do you want him loose on the second planet as well? I am sure he has enough valuables to get an army through."
Additionally, he may have yet another Tick added to his sentence if we agree that threat by proxy still counts as a threat:
"A certain proposal doesn't allow me to say what I would like to. Tykki, could you make what I am trying to say more clear?"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:56:20 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: February 10, 2015, 07:32:08 am »

((Just double checking, the Sewa now reincarnate only into other Sewa but they still exist on all three planets correct?))
Give the fresh Sewa on the new planet special seeds that are different from the other worlds, have these seeds he like grain plants. Also create a few trees on the planet that can be used to make tools, EX: breaking off a branch and using that as some sort of rake or other farm device.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: February 10, 2015, 08:31:35 am »

108.04: Fusil violated §4 of the Code of Conduct and forced mortals not to worship other gods: Yes.

"I can now confirm this. I cannot so much as appear to A-S-H citizens to proclaim my existence, without very specific preparations that would break or risk breaking the Code of Conduct. By keeping them in the dark, Fusil is indeed forcing mortals not to worship other Gods."

Cim casts Present Evidence.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: February 10, 2015, 09:01:35 am »

108.04: Fusil violated §4 of the Code of Conduct and forced mortals not to worship other gods: Yes.

"I can now confirm this. I cannot so much as appear to A-S-H citizens to proclaim my existence, without very specific preparations that would break or risk breaking the Code of Conduct. By keeping them in the dark, Fusil is indeed forcing mortals not to worship other Gods."

Cim casts Present Evidence.

You can't say he's forcing them not to worship other gods without defining what "forcing" actually means.

I don't particularly want the Turonni worshipping other gods, because I'm the only one who has invested Essence into them. Why should other gods benefit from my efforts? I took steps to turn away Malakath's "missionaries", but does that mean I'm forcing them not to worship another god? No, I'm protecting my investment. You other gods may see this differently.

I'd like to point out that the use of the word "forcing" in the context of the article is as a verb, and further contextualises it as an action on the mortals: "Forcing mortals not to worship other gods", I read that as restraining them, the mortals, from worshiping other gods through excessive means. I would not consider taking action to stop the other gods from proselytising to be forcing mortals not to worship other gods, more forcing other gods to fuck right off keep away from your efforts.

Further to this, is there actually any set punishment for the breaking the Code of Conduct? If not, what's the point in saying whether or not Fusil has broken them, if the punishment is going to be either completely arbitrary, or non-existent?

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 475