Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 603240 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T110: BURN THE HERETIC?
« Reply #7020 on: February 13, 2015, 06:04:38 am »

Tick 110: BURN THE HERETIC?

Odolhirum has been razed by a mysterious invading force! Its centers of magical study have imploded and turned to ash, stone, and dust. None who enter its ruins return, and at night, terrifying sounds can be heard from inside.

Malakath has drunk more traditional healing potions. They do not affect Essence at all. Malakath has also sent 7 angel priests to the Ritan to spread Malakathian belief and the other 14 to perform charitable work in general.

The Gruen respond differently depending on whether they do or not, much like any sufficiently diverse group of individuals.

The Sewa on the new planet have been given special seeds for grain-like plants, nad their planet has been populated with trees that can be used to produce tools.

Cim has cast Present Evidence! The court seems swayed by the evidence but Tykki counters:
"You, too, have hidden your followers, Cim, Esteemed Lawgiver. Your worshippers vastly surpass Joha's in number, yet we see not a single trace of them. Quéßäre Smoldertongue has done so as well. Have any of you gods knowledge of where Àrenne is? Do none of you find it puzzling how the wolf people survived the merfolk campaign despite the recent formation of their civilization? The Armu-Seppo-Hovori cities can at least know of other gods, a step above the high elves, to be sure. Surely the fact that these other gods spite Fusil so is little encouragement? The sword of justice cuts both ways."

Raptil:
"Telestriders! The most elusive prey! The hunt begins at once!"
"But real hammers just torture them, and you know how Melyssa is...Melyssa."

A community of the ordinary Kobolds seem to be preparing a massive cheese wheel.

KI'Tork has given the Green Water intoxicating qualities for Kobolds when refined.

Ghizher has created 60 000 Gasbags and continued to encourage their stork derby. Additionally, Ghizher has introduced the previously alien concept of war and the concept of violence, exhorting them not to use them amongst themselves in addition to teaching them about the universe, the worlds, and their inhabitants.

Ghizher has begun attempting to convert followers of the Void for eldritch knowledge. Many welcome Ghizher variously as the "Bridge-builder," "The Speaker of the Void," or "Medium among the Shadows" and persist in their beliefs. Ghizher has taught the more land-anchored followers the methods of successful blackmail and uses of night eye truth serum and thorns. The Void followers have been given 100 new holy books. There is some complaint about them not being eldritch enough.

Finally, Ghizher has begun spreading Ghizher's religion among unaligned spies/agents across Keshan and Slytha along with night eye and manipulation techniques.

Grauel has spread Gruen Spores across all significant bodies that do not have them yet. Quite a few survive deep in the gas giants where the air is almost as dense as water and many also survive on the barren, airless moons and asteroids. This is with the exception of Nikjol.

KI'Tork has created Happy Seeds which make consumers feel pleasure and become more satisfied and grow near concentrations of Kitchen Spirits and depressed mortals. They have been spread to all worlds with many mortals.

Azxar has gone around the Flagellant cities turning pain-relieving drugs into pain-inducing drugs. Many a good screech can be heard at night.

Melyssa: The Flagellants (now?) feel proportional pleasure when they feel proportional pain, although the use of the terms is somewhat ambiguous when they seek out pain.
"I will now swim in a pool of acid, punch these toothy, spiny fishes and eat them, and dance around on broken glass!"
"We have created a great wheel that harvests the torture of many to power the torture of others!"
"Could you test out this chair?"

KI'Tork has made a show of sending gift baskets of jelly rolls to Grauel's angels and priests and a large gift basket to Grauel.

Quéßäre has created 20 million Wolf-People split between Keshan and Slytha and 20 million High Elves split among Keshan and Slytha with a sizable fraction going to Àrenne.

Malakath has introduced blood magic to the Flagellants for the purpose of faster torture turnover.

Ghizher has created a small metal-rich ring around D'hrool with the mass of a small moon and made an appearance in a large, unaligned city on Keshan as a levitating perfect black sphere as large as a man. A holy book has been dropped and examined by the onlookers. The Gasbags have been taught about the Gruen and given a medium of communication.

It appears that all that happens when Councils are dissolved is that the Council as a regulatory mechanism is removed, all proposals no longer apply, and justice must be enacted more carefully in the absence of an essentially mindless neutral regulator with absolute power.

Malakath has added a plane.

Azem has stared into the void. It blinks first.

Ghizher has caused the Tyrannis vine to arouse a hunger for the flesh of comrades and made them grow in large forests.

The Light has given Ghizher 5E to interrogate the Emperor. Ghizher has begun the interrogation. Ghizher's orb watches the Gasbags.

The Light has created many glowing monoliths on all the planets and moons to teach all the aspects of The Light. They have the ability to increase the intelligence of animals and beings nearby.

The city of Light has not so recently undergone a massive economic boom and an increase in exports of food and tools to a Sorae island turtle where the products are oddly absent.

Fusil's sentence has been extended to the end of T111.

[size=16]Fusil has been struck down![/size]

Spoiler: Lawmode (4 new) (click to show/hide)

This update's constellations are the Dragon and Candle.

(Cyrix: -2E, KI'Tork: -1E, Ghizher: -3E, KI'Tork: -2E, KI'Tork: -1E, Quéßäre: -12E, Ghizher: -4E, Malakath: -1E, Ghizher: -1E, The Light: -5E, Ghizher: +5E, The Light: -4E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (18) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (9) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Love, Plants, Air, and Destruction. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Existence and Continents.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: February 13, 2015, 07:07:08 am »

Odolhirum has been razed by a mysterious invading force! Its centers of magical study have imploded and turned to ash, stone, and dust. None who enter its ruins return, and at night, terrifying sounds can be heard from inside.
"Before you ask, Khaziraad, I didn't glass my own city. Considering its terrifying nature which is also present in the Gruen city the Stone Men burned down I suspect that Fusil is responsible for this."

I look at the mysterious invading force. What/who are they?

"You, too, have hidden your followers, Cim, Esteemed Lawgiver. Your worshippers vastly surpass Joha's in number, yet we see not a single trace of them. Quéßäre Smoldertongue has done so as well. Have any of you gods knowledge of where Àrenne is? Do none of you find it puzzling how the wolf people survived the merfolk campaign despite the recent formation of their civilization? The Armu-Seppo-Hovori cities can at least know of other gods, a step above the high elves, to be sure. Surely the fact that these other gods spite Fusil so is little encouragement? The sword of justice cuts both ways."
"Àrenne is likely hidden to prevent certain incidents involving weapons of nuclear nature or mysterious plagues brought about by unknown causes. Quéßäre has shown that he allows his people to worship other gods so his hidden city is not an issue. The issue isn't that A-S-H cities are hidden - they're not - only that they are forced into worshipping one god. The Wolf People were created in Tick 57 and to call their civilisation "recently formed" is inaccurate. We've had no reports of the Merfolk conquering Hummingbirds either, do you think we should charge Kli with breaking Part IV as well? The one good point you have is regarding Cim. I will let other gods speak their points now."

Ghizher has begun attempting to convert followers of the Void for eldritch knowledge. Many welcome Ghizher variously as the "Bridge-builder," "The Speaker of the Void," or "Medium among the Shadows" and persist in their beliefs. Ghizher has taught the more land-anchored followers the methods of successful blackmail and uses of night eye truth serum and thorns. The Void followers have been given 100 new holy books. There is some complaint about them not being eldritch enough.
"Let me give you some advice from someone a bit older and more experienced than you, Ghizher. Instead of claiming about how you are so much more eldritch than the Void or how you're not a mere pathway to it instead just let them believe that. It will help. Your books are not eldritch enough and that will also help. Delve deeper into your own nature and leave a path for others to follow. Soon enough, they'll know that the "not eldritch enough" books are the barest taste of true eldritch, that the Void is nothing compared to you and what you are. If anything, the Void is a bridge to you. It will take a long time to travel this path but the rewards are there if you stick to it. This is my advice, take it as you will."

Azem has stared into the void. It blinks first.
"It's merely a Space Spirit, nothing to worry about."

Fusil has been struck down!
"This is very odd. Fusil was at 8 Essence last Tick and the sun merely took 3E from him. He couldn't have died that quickly in one Tick. Perhaps the sun's damage increases after spending more time in it? In the first Tick it removes a god's "protective shell" and in the subsequent Ticks it attacks them more directly. Of course, this is entirely speculative and I find my idea of a god having a "protective shell" to be quite dubious."

Support 109.02: Read Fusil and his angel's minds to see what he has done with the gods
Oppose 109.04: Ban Council proposals relating to the definition or enforcement of morality
Oppose 109.05: Create a lesser punishment for minor crimes. Reason: Then we'll have a situation where we've agreed to do something but then we just end up doing nothing, just like with Yaos' Void committee.
Oppose 109.09: Reduce Fusil's sentence

HERETIC?
(Yaos: "Heretic.")
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:13:54 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: February 13, 2015, 08:14:09 am »

Tykki counters:
"I object; what I or other Gods have done has nothing to do with the defendant's case. Still, let me respond to your points. I have not hidden my worshipers, but they themselves, with no divine aid. I am surprised you don't see a single trace of my worshipers, as you say. I do in fact know where Kaybar's worshipers and Àrenne is, and the arrangement does not break the Code of Conduct. The wolf people either were never assaulted by the Emperor, or had one or more Gods on their side. It is not puzzling. I can confirm the High Elves know of other Gods, but not do so for A-S-H. Do not rely on evidence that cannot be verified. I can see why Fusil did what he did, but that does not make it any less unlawful."

Fusil has been struck down!
"In all honesty, unsurprising."

109.12: Dissolve the Council: Oppose.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: February 13, 2015, 08:54:22 am »

Send a message to the Sewa that are not on the farm planet, name pending
"Rejoice! For you now have a heaven after death. Rejoice! For every other life will be lived in a peaceful planet made entirly for you! My creation, you have broken the chains of what these others live through and are enclosed in my sphere of protection! Rejoice!"
((Trying to be cheerful not overbearing or commanding with it))
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: February 13, 2015, 09:08:26 am »

"Fusil's tyranny has finally been stopped! I Propose, that from now on every turn that ends with "10" we shall celebrate the DoFD, or the Death of Fusil Day."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: February 13, 2015, 09:38:23 am »

"Fusil's tyranny has finally been stopped! I Propose, that from now on every turn that ends with "10" we shall celebrate the DoFD, or the Death of Fusil Day."

Fusil has been killed before. What makes you believe this time is any different?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: February 13, 2015, 10:02:01 am »

"Seeal the Monoliths on Nikjol until further notice"
"I wonder is there a deal we can make so i can keep those monoliths there?"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: February 13, 2015, 12:10:19 pm »

My orb appears to the council
Could someone please inform me on the "Yaosian inquisition" and "the shadowy ones"? I will not be able to properly conduct this interrogation if I do not know more about the merman's history. Any significant details on the life of the emperor is welcome.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: February 13, 2015, 12:20:04 pm »

Could someone please inform me on the "Yaosian inquisition" and "the shadowy ones"? I will not be able to properly conduct this interrogation if I do not know more about the merman's history. Any significant details on the life of the emperor is welcome.
"Not sure about the shadowy ones, might be void beings, but the Yaosian inquisition was founded by Yaos, late God/Goddess of Humans and Ambition, to stop hostile void cults in the old Human Empire. They were disliked by most Gods for their harsh crackdowns on anyone with even a trace of void influence. They were shut down by the Gods after Yaos died."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: February 13, 2015, 12:26:19 pm »

LAWMODE
107.98: SUPPORT
108.04: SUPPORT
109.00: SUPPORT
109.01: SUPPORT
109.07: SUPPORT
109.10: SUPPORT

"Now what will happen to the A.S.H Cities now that Fusil's gone?"

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: February 13, 2015, 12:29:09 pm »

KI'Tork appears before the Kobolds making the Giant Cheese Wheel and asks them what they're doing along with giving them points.
KI'Tork increases the Amount of Fish in the Oceans on Nikjol.

"Seeal the Monoliths on Nikjol until further notice"
"I wonder is there a deal we can make so i can keep those monoliths there?"

"What Sort of Deal?"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: February 13, 2015, 01:41:56 pm »

"Not sure about the shadowy ones, might be void beings, but the Yaosian inquisition was founded by Yaos, late God/Goddess of Humans and Ambition, to stop hostile void cults in the old Human Empire. They were disliked by most Gods for their harsh crackdowns on anyone with even a trace of void influence. They were shut down by the Gods after Yaos died."

Did this inquisition harm the emperor or his people in any way? Also, the wording of the emperor seems to indicate that the threat the "shadowy ones" represent is over.

On a side note, the emperor have been surprisingly cooperative so far. I did not even have to use some of the... less desirable means of obtaining information.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: February 13, 2015, 01:52:32 pm »

Did this inquisition harm the emperor or his people in any way? Also, the wording of the emperor seems to indicate that the threat the "shadowy ones" represent is over.

On a side note, the emperor have been surprisingly cooperative so far. I did not even have to use some of the... less desirable means of obtaining information.

You won't mind if I don't believe you on that one, I'm sure.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: February 13, 2015, 02:15:29 pm »

"The Light stands next to an array of fruitful gods who all fulfill a purpose. I allow anyone to preach their beliefs to my followers as long as they don't exclude me or any other god. So you could for instance install similar monoliths in my settlements, or we could accept each other in our pantheon and we shall change all monoliths at once to suit this purpose."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: February 13, 2015, 02:27:55 pm »

"The Light stands next to an array of fruitful gods who all fulfill a purpose. I allow anyone to preach their beliefs to my followers as long as they don't exclude me or any other god. So you could for instance install similar monoliths in my settlements, or we could accept each other in our pantheon and we shall change all monoliths at once to suit this purpose."

"Hmm, Alright, You can Put your Monoliths on Nikjol, In exchange,

You won't otherwise manipulate Frost Kobold Society,

You won't create anything else on Nikjol without Paying The Holy Meofisp Beforehand,

And Most Importantly, You won't use Divine Essence or Angels to Sway them to your Worship.They must do so of their own Choice, Without any outside factors, Apart from your Monoliths.

And should The Holy Meofisp attempt to Spread something of Similar Properties you will not object, And we shall abide by the Aforementioned Conditions.

Along with an Upfront 2 Essence Price, To Each Member of The Holy Meofisp.

I'm entirely open to Negotiations, Of course."
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 475