Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616751 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T110: BURN THE HERETIC?
« Reply #7095 on: February 16, 2015, 04:37:08 pm »

"In short, don't be hasty when trying to find a way to fight against the Void."
"Of course, that's why I didn't make it a proposal. There's much we don't know and talk on the subject was needed."

"Creating this Anti-Void Energy might burst our bubble, both figuratively and literally."
We've already created anti-Void energy so it's probably not dangerous in small amounts. Perhaps we can create an artifact that is strongly anti-Void when it's turned on and Void-neutral when it's off? Perhaps we can make a barrier which reflects anti-Void energy so that any attempting to escape the Bubble will be returned to whence it came?"

I therefore Propose that we make research on essence and void a priority. I will do research on my own if the council refuse to do so.

For now, I will send my orb to the limit of our bubble to try to learn more on how does it stops the void from entering and find more about how essence and void interacts.
"I oppose this proposal on the grounds that it's entirely unenforceable and useless, just like Yaos' Void study committee. If you want to study it on your own then do so, there's no law against it. It would be appreciated if you informed us of whatever you find."

"Wouldn't you have to use Essence to do that study? Cim, will his experiment doom us all to death?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: February 16, 2015, 04:48:03 pm »

"Since Fusil is so obviously returning to life what if we propose that neither he nor his angels, followers, or his/their property are capable of harming us, our angels, our followers, or our property?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: February 16, 2015, 04:51:52 pm »

And what's to stop him using, you know, anything else to do it for him?

Another pointless proposal from Malakath.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: February 16, 2015, 05:24:54 pm »

Still fairly sure Proposals don't work like that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: February 16, 2015, 05:26:23 pm »

"If we can change the laws of reality it's possible that we can guide our will and make it reality through a Council proposal."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: February 16, 2015, 05:35:37 pm »

"I would like to Propose that we give all of Fusil`s angels to newer Gods like our new God of Void."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: February 16, 2015, 05:49:52 pm »

"If we can change the laws of reality it's possible that we can guide our will and make it reality through a Council proposal."
I don't think we can, though. If nothing else, the Council, as we've seen in the past, is not all-seeing, and I don't think anyone wants it to be. It is, by nature, a reactive force to the Gods, while we are the active force behind it.

"I would like to Propose that we give all of Fusil`s angels to newer Gods like our new God of Void."
Oppose
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: February 16, 2015, 08:54:17 pm »

I would certainly not mind receiving a few angels, but I would like to remind you that I am the god of the Eldritch, not the god of void.

"I oppose this proposal on the grounds that it's entirely unenforceable and useless, just like Yaos' Void study committee. If you want to study it on your own then do so, there's no law against it. It would be appreciated if you informed us of whatever you find."

We already know that one of the null faction would like to see us gone, we will be forced to do something about it eventually. If we are to interact, we should know as much as possible about them to avoid putting ourselves in a dangerous situation. If you don't want to help researching, then you can abstain. I do not see any reason to inform those of us who refuse to contribute for obvious reasons.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: February 16, 2015, 09:08:46 pm »

As far as I know the Luminants don't actually care about killing us per se, their plans just happen to have a side-effect of us dying and they have no intentions of changing that.

Also, has anyone checked on what Fusil's angels have been doing recently? He had more than a few, and their inactivity compared to Yaos' angels when they died makes me vaguely suspicious.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: February 16, 2015, 09:12:06 pm »

We already know that one of the null faction would like to see us gone, we will be forced to do something about it eventually. If we are to interact, we should know as much as possible about them to avoid putting ourselves in a dangerous situation. If you don't want to help researching, then you can abstain. I do not see any reason to inform those of us who refuse to contribute for obvious reasons.
"I have no objections to the actual idea of making Void-research a priority and sharing it with each-other, what I have an objection to is in making the idea into a proposal which would - by its very nature - be entirely unenforcable and wouldn't be any better than simply saying we're going to make it a priority. Unless you include actual rules and responsibilities with your proposal, it is utterly meaningless. (Again, the problem isn't with the idea itself, just in making it a proposal which will do nothing if it passes.)"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: February 16, 2015, 09:16:10 pm »

"I have no objections to the actual idea of making Void-research a priority and sharing it with each-other, what I have an objection to is in making the idea into a proposal which would - by its very nature - be entirely unenforcable and wouldn't be any better than simply saying we're going to make it a priority. Unless you include actual rules and responsibilities with your proposal, it is utterly meaningless. (Again, the problem isn't with the idea itself, just in making it a proposal which will do nothing if it passes.)"

You're just unhappy it's not a mundane and entirely pointless use of the Council.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: February 16, 2015, 10:30:38 pm »

"Let's have a wager then. If his proposal passes and after 5 Ticks of it passing there is no identifiable difference between having a defacto agreement to make Void-study and a dejure agreement then you'll have to give me 5 Essence. If there is, I will give you 5 Essence, or possibly something else if you desire. Before you take the bet, know that you're making it with the goddess who is anathema to such concepts as monkey's paws and "creative interpretations." If you fairly win, you will win. If you unfairly win, you will lose."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: February 16, 2015, 10:50:37 pm »

Why would I make a bet with you over this? I already know the Council is useless. The Void Committee is rather proof of that.

And I don't think you mind "creative interpretation". Fusil's death is rather proof of that.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: February 16, 2015, 11:05:31 pm »

"Fusil's death is a result of his own proposal being passed and making poorly-veiled threats. Creativity was not necessary in interpreting his words as threatening."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 02:04:38 am by Andres »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: February 17, 2015, 09:09:03 am »

We've had this conversation before. Your also making assumptions... again.

Fusil was killed because he made threats, and then a few more things people saw fit to throw in after he was imprisoned.

The punishment, in this instance, vastly outweighed his purported crimes. The creativity came in your interpretation, and selective application of, the law specifically in regards to his "forcing" mortals to worship him/not worship other gods, not his threats. If his words hurt your so, you need to manifest thicker skin. The same goes for Darruth.

It pains me that the Council, a body with potentially unlimited powers, was used to pursue several personal vendettas, which will likely amount to nothing once Fusil revives and reacts.

I'd like to remind you he died before his trial was complete, which is tantamount to murder.

Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475