Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Becoming a Necromancer  (Read 1741 times)

LastGreen

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES] [SPHERE:STORMS]
    • View Profile
Becoming a Necromancer
« on: October 11, 2014, 04:52:28 pm »

Sooo yeah i'd like to become a necromancer but the hundreds of unkillable zombies at every tower like to shout a collective "NOPE" at me every time I try to do so legitimately. So I was wondering if there was any other way or perhaps I can spawn the needed slab / book with DFHack? idk just some more reasonable way of accomplishing this little goal. I mainly just wanna escape the need to eat / sleep as it really holds me up when im trying to travel. So yeah any help would be appreciated.

Edit: also, an unrelated question but is there anyway to fix a broken nose?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:41:32 pm by LastGreen »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Becoming a Necromancer
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 05:41:04 pm »

you could just mod the interaction into the race, then set the usage to cleaning to lock it out of common use in adventure mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 06:09:09 pm »

Sooo yeah i'd like to become a necromancer but the hundreds of unkillable zombies at every tower like to shout a collective "NOPE" at me every time I try to do so legitimately. So I was wondering if there was any other way or perhaps I can spawn the needed slab / book with DFHack? idk just some more reasonable way of accomplishing this little goal. I mainly just wanna escape the need to eat / sleep as it really holds me up when im trying to travel. So yeah any help would be appreciated.

You could also do exterminate undead.

For the broken nose, add [HEALING_RATE:100] to cartilage in the tissue_template_default in the raws folder.

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 07:31:38 pm »

Easiest way to become a necromancer is to kill a vampire first and drink its blood, then undead will ignore you and you can waltz right in and take the slabs. If you're just trying to escape the need to eat and sleep, you don't even need to become a necro, vampirism will do that. Plus you don't need to breathe and you don't get tired.

As for the broken nose, I have that problem too. You can mod the raws as that other person said, or you can become a werebeast and everything will heal when you transform. I'm not sure if you can become a werecreature if you're already a vampire.
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 12:30:14 am »

If you become a vampire before a necro you get doubled stats as well since all vampires get doubled.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 01:05:31 am »

You can't be a vampiric werecreature.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 01:24:59 pm »

You can't be a vampiric werecreature.

You can be a vampire and then a necro though, probably werecreature and then necro as well
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 01:32:53 pm »

Werecreature (preferably a were-mammoth) then necromancer, then a thrall.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 01:37:46 pm »

You can't become a vampire and then a werebeast or vice versa though.

red_kangaroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 11:50:32 am »

You also cannot become any other night creature if you are already a necromancer. So, first become either vampire, werebeast or thrall, as vampirism, wereplague and thralldom exclude each other, then read the necro slab.
My friends are all dead,
My right foot gone, but what a
Lovely waterfall.