Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 55291 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« on: October 12, 2014, 04:45:50 pm »

Cupla Baeta, Osirio DuSirc, Ari Cole, Ava, and a changeling under the name Ithraeheste Fr'Aviir - These are our, for lack of a better word, heroes. The five of them had come to Aretrian to seek gold, and glory; though this job wouldn't satisfy the second item, the first would be easily found with a job from the City Guard; to exterminate a particularly annoying band of kobolds in the Undercroft of the city. However, the whims of the vast city are not always kind, and the kobolds managed to find the adventurers unaware, knocking them unconscious. Ava is the first to wake, though the others are soon to follow, with aid from Ava's surprisingly painful methods of waking fallen allies.

Taking a look around, the five are in a cage, though it would seem the kobolds neglected to lock it. Also, they've neglected to confiscate your equipment (They aren't the brightest). Outside the cage is what appears to be a largely natural cavern, widened somewhat with tools. A dim blue light comes from a number of glowing mosses, fungi, and lichens. Cutting through the soothing blue light is a shocking red one stemming from a pool of lava set in the ground about ten feet from the cage. Around it stand six kobolds, chanting in Draconic.

Spoiler: Draconic speakers only (click to show/hide)

This aside, to the south there stands two shrines. Culpa alone recognizes the deity they're dedicated to; Tarulk, the Blood-Mother, and one of the goddesses of the kobolds. The shrines are bloodstained, and a mangled corpse of unknown species lies upon it.

Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:52:33 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 05:41:07 pm »

Ava, the first to wake, gazed at the kobolds. If she wasn't so stoic, her face would have showed increduality. Not only had they knocked all of them out, but they'd even dragged her colossal hammer here and dumped it in the cage with them. What had they used? Some kind of gas, or magic? It hadn't been with a club, that was for sure.

She'd woken the others with a firm boot to the stomach. Winding them had prevented them saying anything as they were woken suddenly, and they tended to look around and see their situation as they recovered. Quietly, she looked to Osirio to direction. She angled her head towards the kobolds and hefted her hammer slightly - a simple code for "Kill them all?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 05:45:31 pm »

It took Culpa several seconds to orient himself. Some cleric of Hextor he was. Gotten clubbed by some Kobolds and stuck in a cage. He glanced warily at the rest of his companions. He hadn't been to sure about most of the group, being only familiar with Osirio. Still, at this point he was quite pleased to have Laugh of the Avalanche beside him. Someone as strong as she looked would do quite a bit to assist them in their current situation. He decided to let her go first. No need to get killed on his first mission with the Brave Men.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 06:55:33 pm »

Rolling with the blow, Ithraeheste sprang to "her" feet, baring her teeth at Ava and hissing menacingly.
Turning to survey the cavern, and listening to the chanting of the Kobolds, Ithraeheste laughed softly, pulling out her sap.
"Seems the Kobolds want to go downwards. All in favour of... helping them along?"
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 06:58:55 pm »

"I will assist in whatever way I can."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 07:07:35 pm »

Ithraeheste moves quietly over to the cage door (Take 10 Move Silently, +10 mod), inspecting it to see whether opening it quietly is possible (???).

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 07:10:05 pm »

Avalanche met the mimic's gaze squarely until 'she' looked away. She didn't make much of the drow. Some kind of cook, Osirio had told Ava, though there was clearly more to her than that. In her time in the southron lands, she'd heard tell of the Drow, and their lives in subterrean cities, full of treachery and backstabbing. Sounded wretched. Ava watched her prowl almost silently to the cage door.

Ava did not think she'd like this Ithraeheste. Something about her raised her hackles, and there had been a certain amount of enjoyment in the kick to the belly she'd delivered.

((Assuming Ithy is disguised as a female drow, as in Osirio back-story. ))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 07:15:12 pm »

Ithraeheste moves quietly over to the cage door (Take 10 Move Silently, +10 mod), inspecting it to see whether opening it quietly is possible (???).
The hinges seem slightly rusted, and would probably squeak a little while opening. However, they might not hear over the chanting. Besides, you'd probably be on the kobolds before they even knew what hit them.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 07:29:40 pm »

Ithraeheste moves back over to the others, eyeing them all briefly before addressing Osirio.
"Speaking of assisting, the door is rusty. Do you have anything to grease the hinges?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 04:25:50 am »

"Speaking of assisting, the door is rusty. Do you have anything to grease the hinges?"

Still feeling groggy, Ari is nonetheless pleased at being able butt in and whisper that yes – he has oil, and quite an excessive quantity, too…

”And I would also quite happily smash those feckers’ heads in, yes…”

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 10:37:11 am »

"Please don't swear. It's unbecoming."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 11:19:35 am »

"Er, I have an idea as well as some oil. Worked once before with a pack of feral weasels."

As the door opens, use Ghost Sound to try to make the kobolds believe their god would like them to show their faith by throwing themselves into the magma. In draconic of course.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 06:25:39 pm »

The bard cast Ghost Sound, emanating from just above the pool. A disembodied voice begins to ring out in Draconic.

It's about the time the voice stops that one of the kobolds happens to look back and see the party awake. They ready their weapons!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:40:55 pm by flameboy99 »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 09:57:41 pm »

"Oh uh..."

Move towards nearest Kobold. Bash them with my Flail.

7 to hit, 8 damage

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 02:39:39 am »

((Can I post my action too, so we don't wait a day for every next action?))
 ”Ho, hum, perhaps if I’d worked on my godly speech a little bit more that might’ve worked. Feck, let’s go…”

Ari had worked on his Giant considerably since last meeting Ava, and wasn’t shy of showing it.

”Now, you know you can’t rightly run quite so fast as me, Mountainous One, but if you can keep up I’m going to kick that eejit in the shins so you can bost his head off!”

Ari:
If I can reach an unwounded kobold that Ava could also reach, move into position to Flank and Aid Another for Ava to attack that one. If I can’t, attack the nearest surviving kobold with my morning star. They’re not that much bigger than me, so aim for the face with an overhead!

edit: I get +1 to hit and d6 damage.

edit 2: image, eheehee
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:10:54 pm by lawastooshort »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52