Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 414876 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1440 on: November 20, 2014, 09:11:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Shardplate)

STOP TRYING TO BE JESUS, ANDRES

THAT'S MY JOB DAMNIT

You are not doing a very good job of it. Like at all.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 20, 2014, 09:23:21 pm »

Stirk, here's where I ask you to stop acting like a dick again. Actually, no, since you would prefer I use a different term: Here's where I ask you to stop being antagonistic. You're doing this to make me angry, and it's working.

So please stop it, lest I become less capable of politely asking subsequently.

I could list why it's not shardplate, starting with the whole 'there aren't the storms that infuse gems with stormlight and thus power the shardplate' to 'not bound to a single wearer' to 'all power armor boosts strength, and besides, it's fucking useful to have my goddamn fighters get their gods-fucking-damned attributes boosted if I'm giving them fucking magic armor to wear, damnit', to 'shardplate didn't give magic arrow-deflecting abilities' to 'shardplate didn't give thermal protection' to 'shardplate didn't protect against magic', and then 'shardplate didn't actually improve reaction time or reduce knockback effects' to the fact that if I wanted, I'm sure that for any magic weapon or angel or whatever the fuck you made, I could find an example of someone already having made it and claim you did an expy too, so please, for the love of the gods: Shut. Up.

As you may be able to tell, anyone else who bothers to read this, Stirk wins the prize for 'most antagonizing person' today. And I probably win the prize for 'most likely to feed the troll'.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 20, 2014, 09:34:10 pm »

Stirk, here's where I ask you to stop acting like a dick again. Actually, no, since you would prefer I use a different term: Here's where I ask you to stop being antagonistic. You're doing this to make me angry, and it's working.

So please stop it, lest I become less capable of politely asking subsequently.

Polity asking? You called me a "dick". Try saying that word in any sort of polite company and see your reaction. Maybe in a speech or something, or at a fancy dinner. Don't pretend that you are somehow being more polite than I am.

I could list why it's not shardplate

Then do so.

starting with the whole 'there aren't the storms that infuse gems with stormlight

Changing the battery doesn't change the design.

not bound to a single wearer'

Nothing in that hinted that it was worn by a single wearer, and in fact it is hinted that pretty much anyone who owns one can wear it. Especially since they are apparently ancient armors in the hands of mortals. Besides, that would be a weakness, not a strength.

all power armor boosts strength

But not all power armor boosts dexterity and speed as well, not all power armor is self repairing, not all power armor is magical, not all power armor covers everything....but shardplate does.

it's fucking useful to have my goddamn fighters get their gods-fucking-damned attributes boosted if I'm giving them fucking magic armor to wear

Then why not just give them shardpate? Oh wait, you did.

o 'shardplate didn't give magic arrow-deflecting abilities' to 'shardplate didn't give thermal protection' to 'shardplate didn't protect against magic'

So you added two features. If I make Superman and give him psychic powers, and change nothing else, it is still obviously superman. You can't just file off the numbers and claim it is original.

nd then 'shardplate didn't actually improve reaction time

Reaction time is part of dexterity.

reduce knockback effects

Reduced knock back effect doesn't keep it from being an expy, either.

Basically you are not denying that this is based of shardplate. You are saying "I added some super cool stuff guys, so it isn't shardplate any more!"

I wanted, I'm sure that for any magic weapon or angel or whatever the fuck you made

Go ahead. Tykki is pretty public. What is Tykki an Expy of?

As you may be able to tell, anyone else who bothers to read this, Stirk wins the prize for 'most antagonizing person' today. And I probably win the prize for 'most likely to feed the troll'.

Do you need a dictionary? I don't think you know what the word "Polite" even means.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 20, 2014, 09:37:46 pm »

THAT'S MY JOB DAMNIT
How am I being Jesus? ???
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 20, 2014, 09:44:49 pm »

A. It's a good thing we're not at a fancy dinner, and thus the standards of politeness are different.\
A2. I did say less capable. As in, even less polite.
B. The lack of a battery, actually.
C. I've read the books, actually, so I know a little bit about what I'm talking about. And it's bound to a single person.
D. Almost all power armor which is still armor covers everything, most power armor boosts speed at the very least, it's self-repairing because it's magical and I thought why not, and MY HUMBLEST APOLOGIES FOR NOT MAKING SCI-FI POWER ARMOR IN A FANTASY GAME YOUR MOST MAGNIFICENT HIGHNESS
E. Reaction time is part of perception, actually; I'm referring to the amount of time it takes you to process the information provided to your brain as register it as 'I should duck'.
F. You know what?

Fuck being polite. Fuck pretending to be polite. You don't deserve that much, Stirk. Not anymore. Not after you continue to act like a dick. DICK DICK DICK. OH NO I SAID THE WORD DICK WOE IS EVERYTHING THE WORLD WILL BURN NOW.

Seriously. If you're going to be a dick, I'll treat you like one. But no, you aren't even that; you're doing it on purpose. Being a dick is typically accidental. You're even worse.

So no, I'm not gonna be polite with you anymore, because you lost that privilege. You revoked it by being a dick.

What's more, I'm now going to find all of your weapons and designs and show why they're expies. Congrats on pissing me off utterly enough to make me waste the little time I get to spend on my computer each day. You're a real swell person, you know that? I bet pissing other people off makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, don't it?

Actually, you know what, fuck doing that, too much time, you aren't worth it either.

Goddamn am I pissed now. I think I'mma take a break, maybe see if I can blacklist certain forum goers so I don't have to see their posts, come back later. 'Kay?

THAT'S MY JOB DAMNIT
Price check on magically impregnating a Human so she gives birth to a demigod
AHEM
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 20, 2014, 09:48:56 pm »

GODDAMNIT IT HAPPENED AGAIN

WHAT I ORIGINALLY CAME TO THE OOC TO SAY, DAMNIT(ARGH):

So when ya gonna update them features, boys?

You can put Seraphim the Bestiary, Andres.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 20, 2014, 10:00:19 pm »

Price check on magically impregnating a Human so she gives birth to a demigod
AHEM
That's more me trying to be God. A demigod prophet might be pretty awesome, though......

$$$
Price check on creating a demigod tier-2 prophet

You can put Seraphim the Bestiary, Andres.
The Bestiary! Yes! God damn it I keep forgetting it! I'm working on it right now. I've got some creatures to track down so if you put a link to its description while I'm working that would help a lot.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 20, 2014, 10:27:06 pm »

Andres, I'm telling you this becouse you do not have the esense to replicate my archangel. Be so nice, and dont sell the secret. If you want to know why Lette had a hard time damaging my angel in significant way, just ask Lette.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1448 on: November 20, 2014, 11:00:25 pm »

1 warning to each of Stirk and Rolepgeek

Spoiler: $$$Response Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)
"Accidental" stabbing rates: A throwaway gag, will not quantify

$$$Response
Demigod tier-2 prophet: Price of demigod + price of an option-2 prophet

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 20, 2014, 11:29:21 pm »

Or you could just make a (non)-magic sword that creates armour with a lot of similar (first-paragraph) properties for about......4E, was it? The trick is to not ask for so many specific things and you can get it all without the extra cost. ;)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1450 on: November 20, 2014, 11:31:35 pm »

Exactly.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 20, 2014, 11:59:59 pm »

I sued the council a while back for the murder of Fusil. In the end it was 1 vote to convict and 0 votes to acquit. Under the current rules the number of votes is irrelevant, just so long as one option is voted above the other. I should have won the trial by now.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1452 on: November 21, 2014, 12:18:25 am »

Let's say Hiyusgnothiillet sues Botiimgaas'esgnool for something Botiimgaas'esgnool may or may not have done. If Botiimgaas'esgnool does not respond and there are no other votes, does it mean that Hiyusgnothiillet can basically do anything Hiyusgnothiillet wants to Botiimgaas'esgnool? I think not. However, feel free to initiate a retrial (and hopefully get more discussion going on).

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 21, 2014, 12:25:17 am »

Awwwww can't you be Literal Genie in my favour for once? I mean, the rules clearly state that number of votes is irrelevant, and the other condition means that if someone tries to sue me all I'd have to do is ignore the allegations and I'd win.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1454 on: November 21, 2014, 12:29:59 am »

I can't just let you all do funky things like sue (for?) non-existent things that end up with no votes and still win. I reserve the right to interpret various rules as the GM so as to minimize disruptive things (like auto-win suing). It doesn't mean either the Council or you won. It just means that nothing happened in the case, thus allowing a retrial. The Council winning would open up things like a trial for such things as compensation for time lost and stuff like that.

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 350