Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 414988 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #2895 on: December 19, 2014, 11:39:59 pm »

Fishmalks:
  • Subrace, template from Blood Drinkers
Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)
Blood-Drinkers aren't vampires. The only thing Blood-Drinkers have in common with vampires is they drink blood, they don't age, and they can make more of their kind by drinking people's blood.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2896 on: December 19, 2014, 11:44:47 pm »

OK. Challenge: Define vampires according to you as detailed-ly as possible in 3 minutes of continuous writing, ignoring Ersatz rules for the purpose of this challenge.

I get the feeling that it's like the blind men and the elephant except with several elephants and a rhino. ;)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: December 19, 2014, 11:45:02 pm »

Blood-Drinkers aren't vampires. The only thing Blood-Drinkers have in common with vampires is they drink blood, they don't age, and they can make more of their kind by drinking people's blood.

That...is about the only definition of "Vampire" that is pretty much consistent in any work.

Have fun on your trip KJP!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:52 pm »

And that is how VtM practically defines vampires, minus special traits from the bloodline, which are included in the price check. There are some details, but trying to intermix these game systems would go badly.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2899 on: December 19, 2014, 11:59:16 pm »

Stirk: Thanks!
$$$Response
For something with so many drawbacks already (a reverse common sense upgrade being among them), the Ersatz rule will be ignored.
Fishmalks: 2E base

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: December 20, 2014, 12:53:54 am »

OK. Challenge: Define vampires according to you as detailed-ly as possible in 3 minutes of continuous writing, ignoring Ersatz rules for the purpose of this challenge.

I get the feeling that it's like the blind men and the elephant except with several elephants and a rhino. ;)
Sunlight does something and drinking blood is beneficial in some way. Of course, that's not how my vampires will be like because I don't want to spoil it but that's about it.

Does adding arbitrary weakness drop the Essence cost of something? Would Blood-Drinkers be cheaper if I made them allergic to sunlight, for example?

That...is about the only definition of "Vampire" that is pretty much consistent in any work.
Except the original Dracula. In the book, Dracula aged. Drinking blood made him de-age.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2901 on: December 20, 2014, 01:01:58 am »

Arbitrary weaknesses and their relative severities do decrease prices. Since we're generally using intuitive prices, this may have a greater effect than before assuming I know myself well enough.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: December 20, 2014, 01:26:12 pm »

Why exactly Neron failed to calm Golems?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2903 on: December 21, 2014, 12:36:50 am »

I'd guess stranger minds.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: December 21, 2014, 12:49:08 am »

I haven't posted IC for a while, here's one to keep me marked as active.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: December 21, 2014, 01:57:46 am »

Arbitrary weaknesses and their relative severities do decrease prices. Since we're generally using intuitive prices, this may have a greater effect than before assuming I know myself well enough.
What about dependencies?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: December 21, 2014, 01:58:52 am »

What about dependencies?
A dependency would be a form of weakness, wouldn't it?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: December 21, 2014, 02:00:43 am »

What about dependencies?
Well, I'm thinking along the lines of 'gains strength from X' and when X isn't there, they don't really have powers. Like if they can only use their magic when the moon's out or something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: December 21, 2014, 03:36:58 am »

What about dependencies?
Well, I'm thinking along the lines of 'gains strength from X' and when X isn't there, they don't really have powers. Like if they can only use their magic when the moon's out or something.
That would be a weakness but maybe the price of such a weakness varies depending on the energy-level of the power source and its availability. For example, having the prices for having either the moon or the sun as power sources would be the same. On the one hand, the sun emits a lot of energy on its own, thus decreasing the cost, but the moon is out for less time than the sun which would also decrease the cost.
On the flipside, a power source that simply boosts a person's power would actually cost Essence. The upside is that it would be cheaper to have a power source providing the boost instead of simply giving them a permanent power boost.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: December 21, 2014, 05:11:10 am »

Anyone like the idea of a Fire god also associated with hearth/home/family for when Azem dies/retires? How much of their role is already filled by Darruth?

Although, the more I think about it, and the more I look at blood magic, they could also be a more general god of love or something. And oaths.

I've strayed away from Fire and the Hearth now haven't I?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:43:52 am by Vgray »
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 350