Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 409735 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3930 on: January 25, 2015, 05:18:49 am »

$$$
Price check on fusing with a Null
lolwut

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: January 25, 2015, 05:57:30 am »

$$$
The hard part would be actually getting close enough to the Null without getting paradoxed. Good luck.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: January 25, 2015, 06:54:32 am »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: January 25, 2015, 07:08:31 am »

$$$
lolwut
I finally got that reaction from KJP! Yes! But assuming that fusion success chance goes up with Void influence, wouldn't it be supremely easy to fuse with a Null?

No. Just no.
The post this was replied to was snipped, what did it say?
It was the same question you asked but...just a bit more crude. :-[
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3934 on: January 25, 2015, 07:19:23 am »

$$$
lolwut
I finally got that reaction from KJP! Yes! But assuming that fusion success chance goes up with Void influence, wouldn't it be supremely easy to fuse with a Null?
Reason 1: It's like fusing a dye splatter into a large dye receptacle. The splatter has no chance of doing anything significant and is, for all intents and purposes, gone.
Spoiler: Reason 2 (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: January 25, 2015, 07:22:53 am »

I'm guessing we'll need Void knowledge on Bubbles to turn the Bubble into a god and then give the new god a final form?

EDIT: That's a snail. Honestly, I was a lot more intimidated by that thing before I realised it was a snail. 8)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:00:23 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: January 25, 2015, 07:34:29 am »

It's quite a big snail-thing, considering a Bubble is literally the size of a 'verse.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: January 25, 2015, 07:50:04 am »

So what is this book-reading stuff? Let's say I said in the IC: "Melyssa reads a book about Jellyroll magic", would that mean that KJP is going to write a little book about Jellyroll magic?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: January 25, 2015, 07:52:27 am »

Or copy-paste allready writen one if somone asked for the book on the subject before.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3939 on: January 25, 2015, 08:25:28 am »

Butterfly effect, seed planets/stars, &c. via Council: This is tangled with a bit of an OOC issue and involves shifting the focus of the game from what it currently is. Poll updated appropriately.
You may have noticed many things that you'd expect to be trivial with respect to worldbuilding costing a lot. This is mostly done to keep any one player from messing with a fundamental property of the game unstoppably. Making new planets would be practically free if you're all interested in an interstellar-scale shift. When voting, keep in mind the quality-quantity partial dichotomy.
Rolepgeek: Hopefully, things will get better (particularly the real life part).
Book-reading stuff: Where possible, I try to write little works on request. If I judge that it makes little sense for the information requested to be found in one book, it often ends up as a summary or as multiple works. Unfortunately, I've been extremely slow about writing them for the last month or so, so I'm catching up as much as possible tonight.

I'm guessing we'll need Void knowledge on Bubbles to turn the Bubble into a god and then give the new god a final form?

EDIT: That's a snail. Honestly, I was a lot more intimidated by that thing before I realised it was a snail. 8)
What is it with you and final forms anyway? :P

Greephlayc is indeed depicted as a snail. Void Things are not actually intended to be intimidating or scary despite the influences from common eldritch abomination stuff. However...

$$$Response
Cyrix, Malakath fusing: 8-12E each
Joha, Atropos: ? ? ?, not enough interaction
Fusing with a Null: Potentially free if the transport issues are worked out, but it ends up being little more than a creative way to commit suicide.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: January 25, 2015, 09:06:36 am »

$$$
Price check on creating some Flagellants outside of the bubble.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: January 25, 2015, 10:44:36 am »

$$$
Price check on creating some Flagellants outside of the bubble.

I know you're the goddess of Torture but that's just cruel.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: January 25, 2015, 12:41:17 pm »

Wouldn't they just immediately die?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: January 25, 2015, 12:42:46 pm »

They would get Paradoxed.

Which is Permakill+1.

Sidedit no one cares about but meh:

I felt better after some food, a night's sleep, and around two hours of dicking about trying to calm down, so I'm not sure if I was legitimately pissed off for various reasons I won't bore you with or just hangry.

(Other boring stuff)
In other news, I'm still shitty at RTS and still pretty decent at TBS and Real Time Tactics.

After looking up a guide on it, I think it's because I never actually understood anything but the most basic of how to properly play an RTS. I'm not good at being aggressive, I don't have build orders planned in advance, I'm terrible with hotkeys, and I don't devote enough time to practicing these things in order to get good at them. Which might be part of the problem, namely that I don't find it enjoyable to have to practice for hours on specific aspects of the game to get good at it rather than being able to simply play it over and over and get better through a more general unfocused experience. I feel I must solve this, though, in order to call myself a strategy gamer, and so I think I'm going to be playing rather a lot of Battle For Middle-Earth 2, Red Alert 3, and Sins of a Solar Empire. Then when I look at Grey Goo I can decide whether it's truly worth 50 dollars or not.

So, KJP, how much has the Merfolk Emperor actually taken over and what exactly is he doing with it? Do we need to still be worried, based on what we can observe so far or will he only be apparently trying to fuck us over with a bit more searching?

And Vgray, once my Essence is corrected(I hope it can be corrected since I think KJP misread one of my PMs and I drastically miscalculated something else) are you up for propagating our races? I can put forth 6E at most, I think.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:58:29 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: January 25, 2015, 01:51:26 pm »

Snails are terrifying. Have you ever heard of those giant snails that eat other snails? They use their tongue as a lance to jab through the shells, then tear them apart with their saw-tongue that has hundreds of tiny teeth on it. A giant snail like that would be capable of horribly murdering our bubble.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 350