Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 413772 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [21/∞] Talk here
« Reply #5190 on: August 17, 2015, 10:33:49 am »

Not for less than a day or two, most likely. I still need to figure out how many and which stats we'll be using, work out the easily found bugs in the helper scripts, write out the 0-cost actions guide, rewrite the multipliers list, write mechanics stuff in general, and maybe get a survey or two in before the game can start. Now would be a good time for everyone interested in participating in the "creation stage" to start listing off days.

For myself, I'll be out of town without hope of updating (all times in UTC) from 2015-08-25 03:00 to 2015-08-25 05:00 and from 2015-09-08 03:00 to 2015-09-09? 05:00 (give or take a few hours, probably). Fortunately, from 2015-08-25 05:00 to 2015-09-08 03:00, I should be able to update at least once every two or three days.

Players with incompatible schedules this week or so:
Stirk 08-19-08-20?

Possibilities on dealing with current schedule conflicts:
  • Begin game as soon as possible but make the first tick last until 2015-08-23 00:00 UTC
    • For: A two-days-per-tick normal schedule is already probable anyway (partly for reducing distant time zone effects), and a four or five-day tick for creation probably improves both quality and quantity
    • Against: It sounds too long?
  • Delay game until an optimal day when everyone involved is available
    • For: Allows keeping a mostly normal schedule from the start
    • Against: Quite unlikely to happen

My Travel time is in my morning/afternoon (~1800 to ~2200 if I am reading this UTC thing right), and I have absolutely nothing to do after that. Everyone else is probably more or less asleep then  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: August 17, 2015, 11:31:20 am »

Eh, no, my sphere isn't really growth, it's more like the butterfly effect.  Also, magic.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: August 17, 2015, 01:59:30 pm »

Eh, no, my sphere isn't really growth, it's more like the butterfly effect.  Also, magic.

You really should limit it to one or two words then  :P. I still have been counting yours as Invention, Creation in Litany...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: August 17, 2015, 05:50:55 pm »

The starting sooner, ending later sounds good to me. Waiting forever to try ans get a good schedule will result in no game for a very long time. >.<
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: August 17, 2015, 06:39:56 pm »

Name: The name is as varied as their tendencies. Some may know them as The Jester. For others, The Clown. Sometimes they are The One that Honks. And in one specific case in another reality that may or may not have actually happened, they were someone's stuffed animal "Meow." Meow is the name they go by among divinity. They go by whatever their mad and fickle mind decides to go by among mortals.

Spheres: Emotions and Chaos.

Primary form/associated symbol: A malevolently smiling cat. Sometimes it smiles from many places at once. The symbol is usually variations on said cat. More often then not there are at least five mouths on the cat.

Description/Background: The origins of 'Meow' are shrouded by time and space. They could have simply formed quite mad, they could simply be a young eldritch monstrosity fresh out of the eggsack equivalent who happened across the newly forming bubble of reality before fully gaining awareness. Or, they could actually be telling the truth and be an ascended stuffed animal from another reality. Regardless of what it is, Meow is a very strange deity. To some, Meow is flat out terrifying. To others, Meow is adorable. And to deities. Meow is probably confusing.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5195 on: August 17, 2015, 07:19:21 pm »

Kevak: Added as Meow

Scheduling: Most likely a tick starting at some point on Wednesday (with all the imprecision implied by the time zones) and ending at 2015-08-23 00:00 followed by 3-day ticks

Poll results: Magic is...

The oversized system (.msg6449630 .msg6449694 .msg6449814)    - 5 (29.4%)
SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/magicOverview.htm)    - 1 (5.9%)
Patched YG0 system    - 1 (5.9%)
Minimalist system expanded IC    - 3 (17.6%)
A new precise system also to be expanded IC    - 1 (5.9%)
Oversized system that starts out blank (and gods fill it in slot by slot)    - 6 (35.3%) (Most likely two slots each to begin (stacked branches of magic on the same slot are possible))
Other (in thread)    - 0 (0%)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: August 17, 2015, 07:20:40 pm »

Meow is a fitting name for a chaos god I think.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: August 17, 2015, 07:21:54 pm »

At this rate, we will have more Gods than slots anyway  :P.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: August 17, 2015, 07:51:18 pm »

Uncertain if not allowed to vote in present poll by design, but I can't so...

My preference would be for two stats: an HP stat and a "money" stat. I'm not sure I like the idea of creation and destruction stats; I would consider detailed RP a better method for creation and just basic "HIT THE BASTARD 'TIL THEY DIE" for destruction...

Question: what does the "shared stat" mean?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5199 on: August 17, 2015, 07:54:33 pm »

Oops, fixing the lock now.

The "shared stat" is basically just a "money" stat usable for either creation or destruction so "money" stat would probably be a less ambiguous term.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: August 17, 2015, 08:02:48 pm »

Uncertain if not allowed to vote in present poll by design, but I can't so...

My preference would be for two stats: an HP stat and a "money" stat. I'm not sure I like the idea of creation and destruction stats; I would consider detailed RP a better method for creation and just basic "HIT THE BASTARD 'TIL THEY DIE" for destruction...

Question: what does the "shared stat" mean?

Generally, my idea for separating Creation and Destruction stats (Though Power can *technically* be used for any one-turn things, sometimes with Explody results) was to let people be more active. Like in the last game, nobody really let themselves fall low on essence, since they would be killed and pretty much unable to defend themselves. Having a Destruction stat means you can spend all your Creation stuff without fear of being at a major disadvantage if attacked. Since Money stats can be used for both, it isn't much of a difference  :P.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: August 17, 2015, 08:05:11 pm »

So the blank system won :/ ? I guess we're all going to have to choose then.

So how does this work? Do we get any bonus for the schools we choose? And how does these mirror path work? Can we choose them as our starting school, or do we have to take their mirror and research them? Also how is somamancy different from biomancy? To me the former just looks like one of the things you could do with the latter. Also, how do we get new schools?

And sorry for bombarding you with questions. I thought it would be a good idea to ask that kind of things before I'm actually trying to make them work in-game.

Looking at the list there's four different schools of magic I really want :/ Not sure which one to choose. Hopefully the answer to my questions will help me choose.

Edit: and looking at the new poll I can't decide between the two stats (one hp and one for making stuff) or the one like litany ://////
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: August 17, 2015, 08:22:59 pm »

The difference is the depth versus the width. Probably can't do much dream manipulation with biomancy, unless you're so skilled that which school you're using becomes a null point.

My advice, to everyone: Just pick something that fits and/or looks good. Don't bother with trying to figure out bonuses or the like. If there are bonuses, there are bonuses, if not, oh well. Just do what fits your god and/or your god's spheres.

Buuut, since the game hasn't even started with and we can't be sure it will in fact be two slots or whatever, then I suggest not worrying too much for the moment.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5203 on: August 17, 2015, 08:26:57 pm »

For the whole adding schools to the blank slots thing, you have probably at least three options:
  • Make up your own school, give a description of what it does and how it works, and I'll sort out the administrative details (adding it to the spreadsheet and stuff)
  • Mirror an existing school and I'll provide a specification for the constraints for it and you can do #1
  • Adopt something from the whatevermancy starting list (renamed if you want), maybe edit it and extend it, and it'll go on its slot
Running out of slots is not something to be worried about; the samples from the other day were just part of one possible layer in the cube, and stacking schools on the same point is perfectly fine (if a bit counterproductive for individual gods).

Keep in mind that attempting to create overpowered schools with first level stuff like "destroy planet" or "turn all undead (all of them)" will only result in generally inaccessible schools.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: August 17, 2015, 08:32:17 pm »

Generally, my idea for separating Creation and Destruction stats (Though Power can *technically* be used for any one-turn things, sometimes with Explody results) was to let people be more active. Like in the last game, nobody really let themselves fall low on essence, since they would be killed and pretty much unable to defend themselves. Having a Destruction stat means you can spend all your Creation stuff without fear of being at a major disadvantage if attacked. Since Money stats can be used for both, it isn't much of a difference  :P.

That was something of an issue with the last YG, but then again (at least for the last 40 ticks or so after I joined) nobody really attacked anyone else directly until Fusil got on everyone's nerves and was banished into the sun :P

I would prefer just a single stat though. I think creation and destruction are two sides of the same coin, so I'd like them to draw from the same well.

/excessive metaphors

Silly question warning! Presumably we're waiting until the game before creating magic schools?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 350