Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 413550 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Ye Gods OOC [12/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2014, 09:48:58 pm »

$$$
100 life bringers and 300 hundred wisps

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2014, 10:01:21 pm »

$$$Response
A sapient, jumper, invulnerable, immortal, ENHANCED, unique avatar: 25-26 (‼)
I guess you could remove unique (removing a "copyright" of some sort) to reduce the cost to 12-13. Uniqueness also grants some measure of plot armor, but I guess the Angel of Arms can make do with invulnerability and immortality.

$$$ More price checking, sorry for doing this so much.

About how much is each trait? If I removed invulnerable and most of the ENHANCED, (Making it a sapient, immortal, jumper, unique avatar), how much would it cost? And what would it be capable of?
Sapient, immortal, jumper, unique avatar: 5-6

(It's OK, I only have a little homework for this week anyway RPG club, which occupies only one day, takes up more time than homework anyway..)

If I wanted to make a god, I would have to post the application here correct? I am thinking of making a god of humans, a sleeping baby, and with only enough essence to survive. When the other gods actually get around to making humans the god will awaken and take another form with the full 20/20 essence. Is that ok? On that note, is it ok to secretly back a project in the same way you can secretly - sabotage I think is the appropriate word here - sabotage a project?
Your request is likely to be approved, but your sheet has gaps.
Name: ? ? ?
Sphere: ? ? ?
Primary form/Associated symbol: Sleeping baby
Description/Background: ? ? ?

Essence constraint: I guess that could work. Every fully awakened god has 20/20 anyway. Right now, you would be 0+/1 with an awakening contingent on the existence of sufficiently human-like species and a communications block from the IC thread. Are you sure you don't want a more practical deity?
Re secret meddling in projects: Yes, but please exercise reason when doing that (i.e. Don't end up PMing every little vote, PM only as you feel necessary.). I will, of course, keep secret interference anonymous.

$$$Response
$$$
100 life bringers and 300 hundred wisps
Life bringers: 2-3; Wisps: 1-2.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2014, 10:16:16 pm »

Than I won't feel badly about asking more! Might have opened a can of worms on this one.

What would the (Sapient, immortal, jumper, unique avatar: 5-6) be capable of doing, exactly? For example, if I sent it to attack a nation that had displeased me, what would it do?

2. Who would control the god he makes? Would it get a council vote and all other perks?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2014, 10:23:55 pm »

As the god of the night, how hard would it be to create mystically important constellations in each of the worlds? Mystically important to mortal magic users, I mean.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2014, 10:35:54 pm »

$$$Response
Than I won't feel badly about asking more! Might have opened a can of worms on this one.

What would the (Sapient, immortal, jumper, unique avatar: 5-6) be capable of doing, exactly? For example, if I sent it to attack a nation that had displeased me, what would it do?

2. Who would control the god he makes? Would it get a council vote and all other perks?
It would probably be able to do a surprising amount of damage. As usual, a lot depends on your imagination. Sending it to attack an army directly would probably lead to its incapacitation for who knows how long. Sending it to duel a champion (even with some bodyguards) would probably be a success. You can, of course, manipulate events to benefit your avatar for around 0-2, depending on plot relevance more than absolute difficulty. (I can already think of some uses for jumper more subterfuge-based gods would probably exploit.)

Andres' deity will be asleep until the conditions for awakening are satisfied. Until then, the council has, as usual, absolute power on the matter to Andres' benefit or detriment. Try not to be too aggressive, but also try to keep things interesting with enough inter-player conflict.

As the god of the night, how hard would it be to create mystically important constellations in each of the worlds? Mystically important to mortal magic users, I mean.
Super easy: Butterfly Method: Announce your intention before whatever you want to manipulate happens. This is free if Opposition is below 20% or so.
Easy: Have the council retconjure stars and light patterns to your satisfaction. This costs 1-2, depending on plot-criticality.
Not-so-easy: Create stars and light patterns in the shape you want (even using your own Essence). This costs a minimum of 2, increasing if it affects something important.
Easy: Discuss with the others/Ask Anath about it.

Idea: invest a little Essence into each constellation and let mortals access their power based on their locations.

Also, tomorrow's tick will be between an hour and two hours late because of a sunset-related project.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:22:37 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2014, 10:49:02 pm »

It would probably be able to do a surprising amount of damage. As usual, a lot depends on your imagination. Sending it to attack an army directly would probably lead to its incapacitation for who knows how long. Sending it to duel a champion (even with some bodyguards) would probably be a success. You can, of course, manipulate events to benefit your avatar for around 0-2, depending on plot relevance more than absolute difficulty. (I can already think of some uses for jumper more subterfuge-based gods would probably exploit.)

I don't know, too be honest that was surprisingly little, considering for the same price I could make 300~sentient immortals to accomplish more than that. Of course there are many, many uses for the jumping ability, in fact with three worlds and one avatar, it would be pretty much a necessity just to be able to effect any part of reality! Not that Fusil would use it for espionage, of course. Never would he even think of doing that. Not one bit.

$$$How much would it cost to give it a little extra kick in combat? I would honestly be a bit disappointed if the Angel Of Arms, made from dozens of weapons by the God Of Weapons himself, was cut down by a squad or two of humans you can get a million of for an equal amount of points.

*Random point*
Also, your sig is outdated, it still says 11.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:03:30 pm by Stirk »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2014, 11:10:30 pm »

I don't know, too be honest that was surprisingly little, considering for the same price I could make 300~sentient immortals to accomplish more than that. Of course there are many, many uses for the jumping ability, in fact with three worlds and one avatar, it would be pretty much a necessity just to be able to effect any part of reality! Not that Fusil would use it for espionage, of course. Never would he even think of doing that. Not one bit.

How much would it cost to give it a little extra kick in combat? I would honestly be a bit disappointed if the Angel Of Arms, made from dozens of weapons by the God Of Weapons himself, was cut down by a squad or two of humans you can get a million of for an equal amount of points.

*Random point*
Also, your sig is outdated, it still says 11.
You make a convincing argument. I think I will just set this Angel template (the last version, i.e. unique, jumper, &c.) sans further customizations to be worth a flat 4 points with the ability to survive a few thousand soldiers of standard humanoid construction with good modern weapons but with the restriction that you can have only one of these at any given time. To your point that a million humanoids would beat this for a lower price, I (weakly) counter that it would be very difficult to arrange for a million humanoids to attack it simultaneously without powerful mechanized weapons or magic or dimensional shenanigans or something special.

For combat ability, I guess I can just write off the enhanced ability as being Fusil's blessing or something. Keep in mind that Angels will (eventually) respawn when "killed," barring special tricks unlikely to be discovered by mortals.

Also, I declare aligned immortal servants (like Angels) to have jumper automatically for inter-dimensional travel. This form of jump, however, transports the jumper to a random (probably survivable), plot-progressing location in the targeted dimension. Buying jumper for this class will now get you controlled intra-dimensional teleportation.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2014, 11:13:46 pm »

Idea: invest a little Essence into each constellation and let mortals access their power based on their locations.
Oh, I like that, so I'll use it.

Adding a list of planned constellations here for future reference. Any god who wants to add their own constellations to the world will have no resistance from me, and Anath will aid it as to add his sphere bonus. Remember that each normal constellation should have three aspects, and shouldn't copy another constellation's aspect.

Spoiler: World A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World B (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Both Worlds (click to show/hide)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum's Additions

Vgray's Additions
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:25:56 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2014, 11:28:35 pm »

You make a convincing argument. I think I will just set this Angel template (the last version, i.e. unique, jumper, &c.) sans further customizations to be worth a flat 4 points with the ability to survive a few thousand soldiers of standard humanoid construction with good modern weapons but with the restriction that you can have only one of these at any given time. To your point that a million humanoids would beat this for a lower price, I (weakly) counter that it would be very difficult to arrange for a million humanoids to attack it simultaneously without powerful mechanized weapons or magic or dimensional shenanigans or something special.

*Writes in notes* Powerful mechanized weapons+Millions of humanoids+Fusil's blessing=....

All right. Time for another page or two of refining my angel. Remember, you brought this upon yourself!

$$$ On Angel, with increased combat ability and the Advanced Jumper.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2014, 11:42:11 pm »

Eh, 7 for war-related gods.

ADDIT: $$$Response
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:23:04 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2014, 11:48:09 pm »

If I wanted to make a god, I would have to post the application here correct? I am thinking of making a god of humans, a sleeping baby, and with only enough essence to survive. When the other gods actually get around to making humans the god will awaken and take another form with the full 20/20 essence. Is that ok? On that note, is it ok to secretly back a project in the same way you can secretly - sabotage I think is the appropriate word here - sabotage a project?

Essence constraint: I guess that could work. Every fully awakened god has 20/20 anyway. Right now, you would be 0+/1 with an awakening contingent on the existence of sufficiently human-like species and a communications block from the IC thread. Are you sure you don't want a more practical deity?
This is actually my first god game and I think being a sort of protector deity would be fun, interesting, and probably easy though to be honest it wasn't my first choice; my first choice was going to basically be the god of hunger but with a lot more spheres than simply 'hunger', but that was already taken; my second choice would've been a god of equivalent exchange but there's already a god of balance.

Here's the sheet:
Spheres: Humans; when awoken: humanity, ambition, protection
Description/Background: Born from the very discussions of the other gods and yet unknown to them, the unnamed child sleeps, waiting for when the gods shall create its wards and it may awaken.

I'm assuming that secondary spheres are also allowed, rather than just one primary. Now let's make some humans guys!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:50:29 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2014, 11:57:04 pm »

This is actually my first god game and I think being a sort of protector deity would be fun, interesting, and probably easy though to be honest it wasn't my first choice; my first choice was going to basically be the god of hunger but with a lot more spheres than simply 'hunger', but that was already taken; my second choice would've been a god of equivalent exchange but there's already a god of balance.

Here's the sheet:
Spheres: Humans; when awoken: humanity, ambition, protection
Description/Background: Born from the very discussions of the other gods and yet unknown to them, the unnamed child sleeps, waiting for when the gods shall create its wards and it may awaken.

I'm assuming that secondary spheres are also allowed, rather than just one primary. Now let's make some humans guys!
let's make some humans guys!
Nooooooooo! What have you done!?

(Accepted but you get to choose only one secondary sphere on awakening. Be warned that it may actually take some time for someone to create something close enough to human to trigger your awakening. If at any time you get impatient and want to discard ? ? ?, just post or PM a replacement. Don't forget to send in secret goals if you have any (Eliminating rivals does not count as secret.). Also, this may or may not be like a typical god game.)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2014, 12:02:49 am »

Um, yeah. Do blind lizard people who live in the sea count as human enough? Because that's as close as I've seen so far... Closer then trees anyways.

And cost wise, do all sapient creatures cost the same? If yes, this is (1-2) for 300 lizard men. If no, this is different...

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2014, 12:07:09 am »

It doesn't have any weird properties like super short lifespans, super long lifespans, slow development, fast development, or anything like that, does it?

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2014, 12:10:02 am »

It doesn't have any weird properties like super short lifespans, super long lifespans, slow development, fast development, or anything like that, does it?
Well, extra vision/echolocation/something else to make up for being blind, but otherwise no.
Perhaps you should make a list of common prices?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 350