Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 409779 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [11/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 12:44:19 am »

Can i grant random people wish? Will there be like request from people when we make them?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 12:52:05 am »

Sure, why not? It will cost you some Essence, but you get nice discounts for sphere-related wishes. In your specific case, you would probably get a boost for wishes like "Make my life interesting" or "I want the rest of my life to be fun."

(I wonder if I can use the Corrupt a Wish thread as a random wish generator)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 12:53:43 am »

What exactly are the limits as to what we can make without council approval? Are there ways to skirt these limits?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 01:15:03 am »

It's actually quite hard to define that. I will try listing a few of the more objective limits.
  • One of the easier lines is Essence cost, although you can often get around that by pooling Essence outside of the council(and getting less of a discount compared to what you get from the council). Typically, stuff that requires lots of Essence also requires the council's approval because math and non-dead deities.
  • Another (relatively) sharp line is removing council-produced stuff. When a proposal passes, the supporters effectively invest some Essence in maintaining its effects. As a result, undoing those effects requires exorbitant amounts of Essence.
  • Yet another way of distinguishing between council and individual actions is the opposition. (Important note: You can always PM me to interfere or weaken any action. The success of your meddling depends mostly on how many other deities are also opposing the action, how much Essence you're willing to pay, and to a lesser extent, on luck.) A proposal for an action with barely sufficient support on the council will tend to be more effective than an individual action with equivalent support, which I predict will affect some actions greatly.
  • Finally, the will of the council can interfere with dissent and insubordination to a minor extent because it is, after all, a representation of the collective wills of the gods. Someone who borrows Essence through the council and does not willingly pay back, for example, is rendered more vulnerable to the council's whim.

As always, a PM is ideal for exploring actions you don't necessarily want everyone to know about and options that may end up requiring council approval to perform well. For example, manifesting to mortals and teaching them about the concept of weapons would certainly be a plausible individual action, as would listening for wishes and answering them (in most cases).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:17:05 am by Kilojoule Proton »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 01:34:09 am »

(Perhaps you all would like a price check at current agreement levels before doing anything?)
I think we're still missing quite a few opinions, and I probably should have made it all official and bolded, but yeah, that'd be nice. Concerns about the plan's scope are valid.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 01:38:31 am »

$$$Response
Instead of one realm, we'll have two. That is, instead of one realm for immortal avatars of their masters and one realm for living things, we'll have one realm for immortal avatars of their masters and two realms for living things. When they die in one, their soul is shunted to the other. That way by the time they make it back around, they should be sufficiently different, both from whatever losses they suffer from reincarnation, and whatever gains they achieve in between.

So what do you all say? Two realms, one for handcrafted immortals, one for a singular tribe. Within the tribal realm, two further realms, for them to bounce between on death. Within those realms, one tribe, well perhaps one each, differentiated and spread out as they're wont to be, but naturally and fluidly, not because they were carved that way or earmarked as sacred property.

Interpreted:
        Format: Qty TotalPrice (IndivPrice)
        1 grand spirit realm 15-19 (~2-3)
        2x corporeal realms 8-10 (~1-2)
        Mortals:

• <300: 2 (~0-1)
  • <3 000: 3 (~0-1)
  • <30 000: 4 (~0-1)
  • <3 000 000: 5 (~0-1)
  • <30 000 000: 6 (~0-1)
  • <300 000 000 mortals 7 (~0-1)
  • <3 000 000 000 mortals 8 (~1-2)
        New law: Each mortal realm is the other's afterlife.
Support (6-0/11):
        Valkiss
        Azem
        Grauel
        Fusil
        Cim
        Anoth

Note that you can dispute components of this estimate. Where the total price itself is in a range, it is up to you as the gods to bargain that the realms are sphere-aligned to at least one of you, thus getting the discounted rate.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:41:37 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 02:48:51 am »

So, my world (Sphere aligned with me because of the rings of water, which will eventually become three complete ocean ecosystems), along with 300 sentients and the life bringers...
How much would that cost?

Edit: around six, assuming no one helps me, and the life bringers cost nothing...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 02:52:49 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 03:31:45 am »

$$$Response
So, my world (Sphere aligned with me because of the rings of water, which will eventually become three complete ocean ecosystems), along with 300 sentients and the life bringers...
How much would that cost?

Edit: around six, assuming no one helps me, and the life bringers cost nothing...
Format: Qty TotalPrice IndivPrice                                                                   
Assumption: No support, no opposition (You can estimate the group cost by dividing by the number of supporters. There will be a discount on the total cost for pooled creations. Opposition complicates everything)             
        2x tribal realm 6-8 (6-8)
        300 unaligned sentients: 1-2 (1-2)                                                         
        300 Ocean-aligned sentients: 1-2 (1-2)                                                     
                (probably no Worship, e.g. most animals)                                           
        or
        300 unaligned sapients: 1-2 (1-2)
        300 Ocean-aligned sapients: (1-2)                                                           
                (e.g. stereotypically intelligent animals, humans)                                 

Up to 300 life bringers: 2-3 (2-3)
        Up to 3000 Storm wisps: 1-2 (1-2)                                                           

I conclude that you can even with nasty luck, you can (at great personal cost) independently create the mortal realm and mortals. Note that the life bringers are considered to be Ocean-aligned (thus getting a nice little discount) but still have a uniqueness (for lack of a better word) cost factor. Many items seem to have the same cost range because of rounding. The actual cost will be either the lower or the higher number, determined from the unrounded value (so that 10 sapients are much less likely to cost 2 than 200. At the same time, genetic bottlenecks are not healthy.)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 04:05:35 am »

$$$
How much would it cost to create an incarntation of yourself? maybe for different sizes and stuff. Also do you need to spend energy to do anything? or si something liek a free action?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 06:10:32 am »

$$$
How much would it cost to create and place grand ecumenical temples á la Pantheon everywhere, assuming we get no help from any sapients we'd build them for? (I presume not a lot, considering we have a god of Architecture.)

How much do very small-scale miracles generally cost? For example, smiting a single being?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 07:20:38 am »

$$$Response
$$$
How much would it cost to create an incarntation of yourself? maybe for different sizes and stuff. Also do you need to spend energy to do anything? or si something liek a free action?
Incarnation: 0-1 (depending on how powerful and permanent it is, it may actually be more expensive). Actions where enough people collaborate can actually become free for the luckier contributors, but talking and voting are considered free actions.

$$$
How much would it cost to create and place grand ecumenical temples á la Pantheon everywhere, assuming we get no help from any sapients we'd build them for? (I presume not a lot, considering we have a god of Architecture.)

How much do very small-scale miracles generally cost? For example, smiting a single being?
Creating and placing structures everywhere might cause significant disruption, but would not actually cost too much. Up to around 30 000 temples will cost 2-3 total Essence (not free but quite affordable) for an Architecture god and up to around 3 000 will cost the same for another god. With the council, and the support of Khaziraad, you will be guaranteed the reduced price and a relatively fair distribution of cost (Think (0-1)).

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 01:52:02 pm »

$$$

Well the reason I asked is basically so I could make some personal things, without the need to go through the council. The ideas where:
1. A personal realm, filled with a copy of every weapon, past present and future. Not usable, of course, but mainly as piles of decoration actually making up the realm.

2. An avatar. Essentially somebody I could use to enact my will more subtly than direct intervention, a weapon of the weapon god. Some factors I am considering:
-Humanoid, made out of weapons. Body made of guns, head made out of explosives, hair made of fuses garotte wires and whips. The body is then covered with C4 putty, giving it a pale humanoid appearance. It has angelic wings meters long, made entirely out of blades acting like feathers. Then, covered in flesh, making it look exactly like a human unless damaged. The wings are only visible when in use, keeping the disguise in check.
-Capable of jumping between worlds
-Telepathic contact with Fusil
-Incredibly powerful combatant and weapon expert. Like "Fusil The Weapon God's Pure Wrath" powerful, preferably to make it the strongest non-deity fighter currently in existence, then some.
-Its own, completely independent, intelligence that is 100% loyal to Fusil.
-Immortal and Invincible
-Upgradable, so I could add all the things I couldn't afford later.

Of course, I will probably have to wait and see how much we are spending to actually build the world before designing it exactly, so a ruff estimate would be appreciated.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 02:11:39 pm »

I sifted through the Tick 02 conversations more carefully, and this is a summary of the significant proposals.

02.00.a: Created race(s) is/are all immortal (0-1/11)
-1 from Valkiss
02.00.b: Created race(s) is not/are not all immortal (9-0/11)
+9 from Fusil, Dar-MA-Gome, Anath, Valkiss, Azem, Grauel, Cim, Anath, Serac

02.01.a: Sapients and not sentients are the dominant mortals to be created (9-0/11)
+9 from Fusil, Dar-MA-Gome, Anath, Valkiss, Azem, Grauel, Cim, Anath, Serac
02.01.a.1: Create 300 sapients to seed the world (1-0/11)
+1 from Serac
02.01.a.2: Support free will for mortals (2-0/11)
+2? from Khaziraad, Dar-MA-Gome, ? ? ?
02.01.a.2.1: Support graded free will (i.e. progressively increased) (1-0/11)
+1 from Cim
02.001.b: Sentients and not sapients are the dominant mortals to be created (1-0/11)
+1 from Varee

02.02: Support reincarnation in general (8-0/11)
+8 from Fusil, Dar-MA-Gome, Valkiss, Anath, Azem, Grauel, Fusil, Cim, Serac
02.02.1: Support looped reincarnation (i.e. between two worlds) (7-0/11)
+7 from Valkiss, Azem, Grauel, Fusil, Cim, Anath, Serac
-1 from Khaziraad

02.03: Create immortal, godinalized servants (5-0/11)
+5 from Valkiss, Azem, Grauel, Fusil, Cim

02.04: Create a spirit and a corporeal realm (7-0/11)

02.04.1: Bifurcate corporeal realm (7-0/11)

02.04.2: Support creation of a corporeal realm for every god or every pair of gods (1-2/11)
+1 from Anath
-2 from Cim, Serac

02.04.3: Support further amendment to Valkiss' proposal (2-0/11)
+2 from Fusil, Cim

02.04.4: Support Serac's world model (aligned) (1-1/11)
+1 from Serac
-1 from , Fusil

02.04.4.1: Support adding life bringers to Serac's world model (1-0/11)
+1 from Serac

02.04.4.2: Support adding wisps to Serac's world model (1-1/11)
+1 from Serac
-1 from Fusil

02.04.5: Support focusing on getting a world now and details later (3-0/11)
+3 from Anath, Kli, Fusil

02.04.6: Support toroidal corporeal worlds (1-0/11)
+1 from Varee

02.05: Support creating godinalized primary races (1-0/11)
+1 from Kli

02.06: Support making world ready for construction (aligned) (1-0/11)
+1 from Khaziraad

02.07: Name world "Pat the Bob" (1-2/11)
+1 from Varee
-2 from Cim, Anath

This will all be posted again for the major update, but start considering your positions for the upcoming discussions. Many of these proposals simply were not discussed (explicitly) enough. Remember to bold or underline votes to make them clear.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 02:51:13 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 02:23:25 pm »

Anath is against, not for, for 02.03 and you can remove the ? mark about being against 02.04.4 because I don't find that world model interesting.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 02:25:43 pm »

$$$

Well the reason I asked is basically so I could make some personal things, without the need to go through the council. The ideas where:
1. A personal realm, filled with a copy of every weapon, past present and future. Not usable, of course, but mainly as piles of decoration actually making up the realm.

2. An avatar. Essentially somebody I could use to enact my will more subtly than direct intervention, a weapon of the weapon god. Some factors I am considering:
-Humanoid, made out of weapons. Body made of guns, head made out of explosives, hair made of fuses garotte wires and whips. The body is then covered with C4 putty, giving it a pale humanoid appearance. It has angelic wings meters long, made entirely out of blades acting like feathers. Then, covered in flesh, making it look exactly like a human unless damaged. The wings are only visible when in use, keeping the disguise in check.
-Capable of jumping between worlds
-Telepathic contact with Fusil
-Incredibly powerful combatant and weapon expert. Like "Fusil The Weapon God's Pure Wrath" powerful, preferably to make it the strongest non-deity fighter currently in existence, then some.
-Its own, completely independent, intelligence that is 100% loyal to Fusil.
-Immortal and Invincible
-Upgradable, so I could add all the things I couldn't afford later.

Of course, I will probably have to wait and see how much we are spending to actually build the world before designing it exactly, so a ruff estimate would be appreciated.
A spirit-based personal weapons realm (aligned): 4-5
A corporeal personal weapons realm (aligned): 5-6

A sentient (not sapient), mind-controlled, jumper, invulerable, immortal, ENHANCED, unique avatar: 10-11
A sentient (not sapient), mind-controlled, invulerable, immortal, unique avatar: 3-4
A temporary corporeal appearance: 1.5
A temporary spirit appearance: 1
A possession: 1

@Happerry: The proposal summary has been updated.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 02:27:24 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 350