Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 409801 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1035 on: November 12, 2014, 10:46:49 pm »

God of explosions=god of life+

1. Your drunk. Go home.
2. We already have a god of life. Who isn't you.

But I could have been

I could have been

Realistically, though, think about how much of our life is enabled by explosions, or what amount to (admittedly sometimes slow) explosions. I mean, beyond the sun, there's cars, guns, electricity(depending on how it's generated), growth patterns, ideas expaning rapidly...

So many things can be reduced to a series of explosions.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1036 on: November 12, 2014, 10:52:48 pm »

While that may be true, spheres are based more on mythological significance. Explosions would probably be more closely aligned with Destruction than Everything, and broader spheres tend to be less enforceable. As an example, a god of Existence may theoretically be powerful, but effectively, it means very little when the other gods are perfectly capable of existing on their own. A god of Stepping On D4s, however, would probably have great control over people stepping on stuff like caltrops in general.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 12, 2014, 10:56:48 pm »

So what does that mean for a God of Goodness?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1038 on: November 12, 2014, 10:59:00 pm »

I don't know yet. It takes quite a few days of actions to see which description applies better to the character.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 12, 2014, 11:03:47 pm »

Makes sense.

I've been trying to see how I can make it work, myself, but I don't know whether it'll really be able to spread or not; obviously real life stuff might not apply, so the whole religions spreading being assisted by the importance they place on charity and hospitality might not work.

Plus, Grauel, Azem, and Fusil might get pissy if people start following me and not them(people can follow multiple gods, correct? But the issue might be if people think 'Hey, Gluttony/Greed/Violence(regardless of whether that's what the gods themselves promote) aren't Good, so I shouldn't worship them!'
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1040 on: November 12, 2014, 11:06:08 pm »

Plenty of the people worship multiple gods. This is part of the reason for why good allies are important.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 12, 2014, 11:09:55 pm »

Yaos is also the god(dess) of Ambition in case you were unaware.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 12, 2014, 11:12:38 pm »

Ambition isn't bad.

Pride can be, as can Ruthlessness, but Ambition is a form of motivation.

Darruth has Ambition, after all; his Ambition just has to do with Good Things.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 12, 2014, 11:13:04 pm »

Makes sense.

I've been trying to see how I can make it work, myself, but I don't know whether it'll really be able to spread or not; obviously real life stuff might not apply, so the whole religions spreading being assisted by the importance they place on charity and hospitality might not work.

Plus, Grauel, Azem, and Fusil might get pissy if people start following me and not them(people can follow multiple gods, correct? But the issue might be if people think 'Hey, Gluttony/Greed/Violence(regardless of whether that's what the gods themselves promote) aren't Good, so I shouldn't worship them!'

A person can be a glutton and very nice simultaneously. Anyway, I mentioned this before you got involved here but any gods are free to try and recruit Gruen followers so long as they don't modify their hunger.

Still, if you have any concern about spreading your sphere, why not just create more followers? Grauel is a generous god and would no doubt even help you do so... Really, only a few strings attached no strings attached probably.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 12, 2014, 11:16:40 pm »

I think this was mentioned by someone IC already, but Azem promotes healthy self-interest that drives the economy.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 12, 2014, 11:19:23 pm »

And Fusil works to make sure all of his followers can defend themselves using weapons. Weapons=/ violence. Really, rather presumptuous of you to assume that we "Lesser" sphere are amoral...

Also: Fusil will hate you if you try taking his followers away from him.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 12, 2014, 11:32:18 pm »

Ambition isn't bad.

Pride can be, as can Ruthlessness, but Ambition is a form of motivation.

Darruth has Ambition, after all; his Ambition just has to do with Good Things.
Exactly. Ambition to do good is described in one or both of Yaos' bibles as being both Ambitious and/or Good.

I think this was mentioned by someone IC already, but Azem promotes healthy self-interest that drives the economy.
Except when he sets up an Emeral Council that monopolises an entire world's economy and forces starvation on towns that don't comply with its will. But in all other cases, yeah.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 12, 2014, 11:36:14 pm »

All Azem did was introduce currency. Anything that happened after that was the mortals fault.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1048 on: November 12, 2014, 11:37:19 pm »

The Gem Council has never been said to starve anyone. They have just been said to have the power to do so if any of the towns are significant enough.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 12, 2014, 11:46:35 pm »

All of the spheres have their upsides and their downsides. Some of them have more than others. I wasn't saying that those spheres actually promote those things(and as for Gluttony, I'm thinking more along the lines of Gluttony to the point where people who need food aren't getting it, rather than just having an extra-healthy appetite)(although Fusil is basically a divine arms dealer)(Greed...meh, that's already been established either way), but if people who start following me interpret it that way and choose to stop following you...it's not like I told them to. No reason for me to tell them to, and it's contradictory to my goals.

Also, in comparison to the sphere of Goodness, no sphere can match up in terms of goodness, by definition, just like Goodness can't match up to Ambition in terms of ambition, nor to Weapons in terms of Weaponry. So trying to say 'you aren't morally superior' is like me saying 'you aren't superior in siege weapons'. So yeah.

Although, considering Darruth's ultimate goal is to become irrelevant and unnecessary(not just one or the other mind you)(because everyone will be perfectly or want to be perfectly Good on their own without needing his help/guidance), that's almost the inverse/reverse/opposite/something of ambition. Like ambition turned in on itself.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 350