Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 409802 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1050 on: November 12, 2014, 11:55:58 pm »

that's almost the inverse/reverse/opposite/something of ambition. Like ambition turned in on itself.
For the god, but not for the mortal.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 12, 2014, 11:57:22 pm »

(although Fusil is basically a divine arms dealer)

Guilty as charged. That was my intention from the start.

Also, in comparison to the sphere of Goodness, no sphere can match up in terms of goodness, by definition, just like Goodness can't match up to Ambition in terms of ambition, nor to Weapons in terms of Weaponry. So trying to say 'you aren't morally superior' is like me saying 'you aren't superior in siege weapons'. So yeah.

That's the thing though. We can. Your character doesn't have license to do whatever he wants and call it "moral", just because it is his sphere. I can make a sword stronger than any other, but everyone agrees on the definition of a sword. Because morality is relative. It would be like making the "God of Winning" and saying you could never, ever lose.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 12, 2014, 11:59:25 pm »

That's the thing though. We can. Your character doesn't have license to do whatever he wants and call it "moral", just because it is his sphere. I can make a sword stronger than any other, but everyone agrees on the definition of a sword. Because morality is relative. It would be like making the "God of Winning" and saying you could never, ever lose.
I agree with the exact opposite of this. He is Goodness personified so anything he believes to be Good is Good. I am Ambition personified so anything I believe to be Ambition is Ambition, and so on. We are literally gods, after all. IMO, of course.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 13, 2014, 01:36:07 am »

I agree with the exact opposite of this. He is Goodness personified so anything he believes to be Good is Good. I am Ambition personified so anything I believe to be Ambition is Ambition, and so on. We are literally gods, after all. IMO, of course.
So my character's middle name is no longer Above?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 13, 2014, 01:43:13 am »

So my character's middle name is no longer Above?
???

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 13, 2014, 01:56:49 am »

"Did you think about that, Cim the Above-the-Lawgiver?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 13, 2014, 02:02:48 am »

That depends on if he thinks that what he did was lawful or not.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 13, 2014, 05:10:40 am »

Assuming we haven't traumatized him, I wonder what Alprozem's reaction to the godly argument unfolding in front of him will be?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1058 on: November 13, 2014, 05:27:50 am »

I'm not entirely sure if the "If god of sphere X thinks Y is X, then it is X" argument works well for cases where the god of X is unaccustomed to thinking as a single-minded representation of X. The spheres really depend on individual motivation to get characterization right and some social pressure to keep, say, a god of peace from doing something like starting a bloody world war. It mostly doesn't affect much outside of terminology and semantics, so it's probably not too critical at this point.

I actually wonder how Alprozem would react too. If you want, I can try putting up a web version of the shiny accent thing (which should not take too long, seeing as I already have a working version.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 13, 2014, 05:32:30 am »

Assuming we haven't traumatized him, I wonder what Alprozem's reaction to the godly argument unfolding in front of him will be?
Please, he's a several hundred year old dragon High Priest. A simple discussion on the afterlife such as this probably wouldn't traumatise a (relatively) short-lived Human, much less a Gem Dragon.

I actually wonder how Alprozem would react too. If you want, I can try putting up a web version of the shiny accent thing (which should not take too long, seeing as I already have a working version.
Don't you control Alprozem, KJP?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1060 on: November 13, 2014, 05:40:26 am »

Yes, but I'm always willing to delegate control over aligned characters to their creators where it has a low chance of excessive derailment. In quite a few cases, I control the character either because the creator does not care to control it or because the intent of the creation is to gather information available to me but not to the creator.

In this specific case, Alprozem started out as a random dragon from a listen-to-prayers action.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 13, 2014, 05:49:40 am »

This is a hypothetical I came up with in my head:

Someone PMs you that they want to be a dod of Lies. Officially, they might be the god of something else like Truth, but in reality they're still the god of Lies. Is that a possibility?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1062 on: November 13, 2014, 05:53:39 am »

It depends on how well the player presented the case, but I think it would make for an interesting addition to the cast. Insufficiently justified requests for hidden spheres are, however, rejected.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 13, 2014, 06:33:23 am »

I originally meant to imply that Yaos is a horrible god who may or may not have traumatized my prophet after I just finished calming him down.

I am actually interested in the shiny accent thing.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1064 on: November 13, 2014, 06:39:50 am »

Would you prefer a Python script or a form on the site?

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 350