Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 409836 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1080 on: November 13, 2014, 06:58:47 pm »

In any case, does guilt exist yet? Am I going to have to invent guilt? Because this crap about everyone believing themselves to be perfect little angels is getting on my nerves.

Yeah. Don't you hate it when someone thinks their morality is perfect?

Okay, stop. Are you going to be like this the whole game? My entire point of creating Darruth was making a god who wasn't in it for themselves, who genuinely wanted to help people, to contrast the grimdark or at least 'realistic' motivation that pervades RPGs a lot of the time. So I'll ask you to stop being a dick about it, for lack of a better phrase. Thank you. Now that we're past that, yeah, I do think it's crappy when someone thinks they're always in the right, and Darruth knows he can fuck up at times; the important part is that he's trying to be good, by being Good.

I really don't care about the god's feeling guilty. I think, however, that I need to invent the concepts of empathy and guilt, which are innately tied into one another.

Maybe then the gods can learn from mortals, oh wow. >.>

I do think they have some empathy and guilt, just act like we do. We are great role models.

I mean more in terms of, a lot of the way people realize they aren't perfect(and none of us, and I'm talking RL), is when they realize they did something shitty to someone. Empathy and guilt. This isn't the only way, there's also depression and ingrained belief from religion and stuff and blahblahblah but nonetheless....maybe it's just the time scale. Religions based on social equality(maybe I should emphasize that more...) and charity do/did spread easily, but it still took a long time...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 13, 2014, 07:18:14 pm »

$$$
Price check on making the current river into a river spirit or giving it a river spirit or something so it can be appeased and stop flooding
Price check on doing the above but for all things - including forests, mountains, groves, etc.
Price check on doing the above except only giving those things the potential to grow/become spirits by getting old or being magical or being worshipped/honored/appeased. Maybe we can piggyback off of Varee's proposal to do this or the above for less Essence?
Price check on making personal God Forges that will allow the god to make artifacts for free or for a reduced cost. We should've thought of this idea a long time ago. PATENTED BY ANDRES/YAOS
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1082 on: November 13, 2014, 07:25:27 pm »

$$$
River spirit: 1-2E, was posted somewhere on day of request
Thingspirits: Requires justification, may be vetoed by fiat, probably 6-7E
Potentialthingspirits: 3-5E
Artifacts for free: Fiat no
Cheaper artifacts: Depends on how much cheaper, but 15-25E

Patents in here aren't really enforceable. I won't defend either side if there is a dispute about it and will process them as if no dispute happened.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 13, 2014, 07:32:25 pm »

Okay, stop. Are you going to be like this the whole game? My entire point of creating Darruth was making a god who wasn't in it for themselves, who genuinely wanted to help people, to contrast the grimdark or at least 'realistic' motivation that pervades RPGs a lot of the time. So I'll ask you to stop being a dick about it, for lack of a better phrase. Thank you. Now that we're past that, yeah, I do think it's crappy when someone thinks they're always in the right, and Darruth knows he can fuck up at times; the important part is that he's trying to be good, by being Good.

Well someone isn't looking to make friends or allies. At least not OOC. I wonder how long this will take to come back and bite you?

I mean more in terms of, a lot of the way people realize they aren't perfect(and none of us, and I'm talking RL), is when they realize they did something shitty to someone. Empathy and guilt. This isn't the only way, there's also depression and ingrained belief from religion and stuff and blahblahblah but nonetheless....maybe it's just the time scale. Religions based on social equality(maybe I should emphasize that more...) and charity do/did spread easily, but it still took a long time...

Like I said, they already have empathy and guilt. Some of them can feel repentant. I demonstrated this long ago, when I found the soul of a "repentant petty thief". They just don't think they are horrible people, like you seem to. For us and for them.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 13, 2014, 07:45:58 pm »

Patents in here aren't really enforceable. I won't defend either side if there is a dispute about it and will process them as if no dispute happened.
I don't expect it to be enforced and I won't even try to prevent someone from taking the idea either. :D It was a bit jokey anyway, and considering the cost and the idea itself I'd say it's officially UNPATENTED.

Well someone isn't looking to make friends or allies. At least not OOC. I wonder how long this will take to come back and bite you?
Dude. Not cool.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1085 on: November 13, 2014, 07:51:01 pm »

I suppose the current argument is getting to be a bit of a problem. For those who are currently discussing the morality stuff, please keep arguments about such issues in-character on the IC thread or at least away from here. Warnings will be given out after this point.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1086 on: November 13, 2014, 08:02:28 pm »

Dude. Not cool.
Rolepgeek, consider yourself an ally to one.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 13, 2014, 08:05:39 pm »

Ye gods, man!

I'm not even trying to discuss morality stuff anymore. I just want Stirk to stop being a jerk about this crap to me, OOC. If Fusil wants to be a dick, or act like one, by all means go ahead that's your character.

What I have an issue with is when the player of that character is also rude and snarky about mine at every opportunity.

So you know what? No, I'm not looking to make friends or allies, right now. I'm looking to stop being disrespected by my fellow players. Then, I can look for friends and allies with the people who show me common decency.

[/indignantfury]

Now then.

Does anyone want to try and see if the monsters are weak to Holy stuff? (In the sense of Darruth's domain, not in the sense of Divinity) They keep getting described as Demons so I figure it's worth a shot.

Thank you, Kaladin.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1088 on: November 13, 2014, 08:09:13 pm »

They are described as demons because they are based off of the HFS in Dwarf Fortress. I doubt they would be weak to holy stuff though... Perhaps Adamantine?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1089 on: November 13, 2014, 08:10:41 pm »

I guess one thing this mess has done is expose one of my weaknesses. I tend to skip over arguments, not stopping them at the start. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 13, 2014, 08:11:37 pm »

They are described as demons because they are based off of the HFS in Dwarf Fortress. I doubt they would be weak to holy stuff though... Perhaps Adamantine?
Adamantine? You mean that stuff you get from digging deeper? Digging deeper? The thing I told the dwarves to do? Why, if adamantine is the One True Solution to the problem then I'd be a hero!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 13, 2014, 08:12:00 pm »

If Stirk can simply stop sassing me about everything, we should be fine.

That's my only issue here, honestly. The rest is subjective morals stuff which is always gonna be murky ground and is best debated IC.

Do I get Holy stuff, though, Kilojoule? Is it like a unique damage type that I would specialize in?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1092 on: November 13, 2014, 08:16:12 pm »

I'll try to be more observant about OOC-thread strife, then.

For Holy stuff, it's rather murky right now. At this point, it works as a hidden bonus against eligible targets. I'm not sure if specialization is an option.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 13, 2014, 08:16:55 pm »

If Stirk can simply stop sassing me about everything, we should be fine.

If RPG would stop outright insulting me, we should be fine. As long as he also stops trying to look down at me and Fusil, too.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1094 on: November 13, 2014, 08:19:39 pm »

What if Stirk and Rolepgeek stop communication with each other (directly or otherwise) in OOC completely for a day? Would that allow some cooldown, perhaps?

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 350