Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 409902 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1110 on: November 14, 2014, 12:34:15 am »

Jumper angel jumps per minute: 4, but fairly susceptible to plotty effects (in both directions)

$$$Response
Jumper angel: 4-5E
Ring of psymental angels: How many?
Double existing psymental angelś psymental powers: Difficult to quantify, probably 2-3E or thereabouts

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 14, 2014, 12:50:51 am »

I'm not sure. About 8 I would think. I'm not sure what a Psymental Angel is actually capable of and I'm imagining this ring of using teamwork to get better results than just a bunch of individual Psymentals doing their own thing. Their only job will be intel-gathering so no Psymental attacks, if that affects the price.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1112 on: November 14, 2014, 01:05:31 am »

$$$Response
RIng of about 8 detector psymental angels: 3-4E

This does not mean they are foolproof, but a group is definitely more likely to find the target than an individual angel.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 14, 2014, 04:49:04 am »

Bit of a whinge here, but why do I need to spend Essence to make Humans, when Fusil can make a NUKE for free? Sure he spent 1 Essence last time, but that was to enhance the nuke, not create it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1114 on: November 14, 2014, 04:58:44 am »

It had almost no effect on plot.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 14, 2014, 05:02:43 am »

Yaos isn't like that, so she won't do it, but hypothetically speaking, if she created and dropped a few million Humans on it.....?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 14, 2014, 05:06:51 am »

They would die from exposure to the lowercase void of space.

Indeed, plot-relevance seems to have a huge effect on action costs, as I recently had to spend an Essence point on a tiny secret should-be-routine action which turned out to be pointless anyway beyond from what I learned from it. But boy, did I learn.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 14, 2014, 05:12:43 am »

They would die from exposure to the lowercase void of space.
Well, yes, but it would also mean dropping 62 * 3 million = 186,000,000kg worth of humans on it, without the slowy-downness of air resistance. But the question was referring to the cost, since even that wouldn't do jack against it, so it could be considered plot-irrelevant.

as I recently had to spend an Essence point on a tiny secret should-be-routine action which turned out to be pointless anyway beyond from what I learned from it. But boy, did I learn.
Secret actions? God of Law and Order? CimOrwellianBigBrotherdystopianfutureconfirmed.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1118 on: November 14, 2014, 05:44:33 am »

Quote from: Anath's Starter Code of Conduct
I. Thou Shall Not Cause Megadeaths Or Extinction Events
I think dropping several million humans counts as a million deaths, no?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 14, 2014, 05:55:19 am »

Quote from: Anath's Starter Code of Conduct
I. Thou Shall Not Cause Megadeaths Or Extinction Events
I think dropping several million humans counts as a million deaths, no?
I think that has more to depopulating a species so drastically that inbreeding would occur within decades.
Speaking of which, we should probably pass a proposal that would propagate all species with less than 2,000 members up to about 2,500. I remember hearing that humanity (IRL) needs at least 2,000 living members or the species will eventually die of inbreeding over a few centuries. The Ikakus were created with only 450 members, and seeing as how their god died it's unlikely any more will just spontaneously start to exist.
In short: support this new proposal or you're pro-inbreeding!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 14, 2014, 11:41:25 am »

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.

Sig'd.
I should visit OOC thread more often.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:08:46 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 14, 2014, 12:10:51 pm »

I just had a nightmare.

I was looking at a solar system interpretation of Slytha and Keshan if they were in one system, like in a school textbook or something, and I saw a recent thing we made fall into the sun and I was annoyed because the GM screwed us over again with Literal Genie and now we had to spend more Essence on the new planet and put it in correct orbit. But then, slowly, the other planets like the gas giant, the moons, the asteroid belt and Slytha iteslf started melting and falling in, very slowly at first so I couldn't tell what was happening, but then it became obvious. I was panicking at that point. Everything we'd every done over an entire month was just being destroyed. I was crying at the other gods to pass a proposal to stop this but there were no responses and I was just watching impotently as everything I cared about just died.

It's 4:11 in the morning right now. I'm going back to sleep.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 14, 2014, 12:16:12 pm »

The Gustav gun fires rounds from ~5k kg to ~7k, depending on if the round is HE or AP. Assuming the nuke was AP, that would be a 7.82641 ton nuclear bomb. The theoretical maximum yield for a nuclear explosive is 6 megatons of TNT per ton of bomb, or 25 TJ/kg. So 284 terajoules, or 284,000,000,000,000 J.

KE=1/2M*V^2, so to get the same amount of energy from my fusion shell, you would need to throw those 3 million humans at ~1747 m/s, a bit more than 5 times the speed of sound. And that is not counting my blessing, or the fact a nuke would probably be even heavier than that.

Besides-The nuke is temporary, the humans would be permanent. The nuke has no soul, or really anything that humans where not capable of in the 1900s. It existed for a few seconds, exploded, then is out of the bubble forever. A human is much more permanent, unless you are throwing them at the thing faster than a .223 bullet.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 14, 2014, 12:31:56 pm »

Considering 284 TJ of brute force only made the thing flinch, you might want to try a plan with more finesse. Since we know very little of this enemy, I don't have any plans doable by a God of Weapons that could actually work, so the name of the game right now is to slow it down until Serac or some other decides to go bookworm and learn this thing's weaknesses.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 14, 2014, 12:50:18 pm »

I have 25/25 essense after using 5 this tick. Is this legit?
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 350