Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 409919 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #2880 on: December 19, 2014, 07:10:48 pm »

NO NO NO! Blood-worship is NOT going to be violence-centred! Spilling another person's blood as a method of worship is just as heretical as a follower of Artisanii burning all art not created by those who worship Artisanii!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: December 19, 2014, 07:19:39 pm »

NO NO NO! Blood-worship is NOT going to be violence-centred! Spilling another person's blood as a method of worship is just as heretical as a follower of Artisanii burning all art not created by those who worship Artisanii!

Why? The blood magic you made seems to be made just to do that. After all, you let them use dead people's blood, but not unwilling people's...
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: December 19, 2014, 07:41:57 pm »

Why? The blood magic you made seems to be made just to do that. After all, you let them use dead people's blood, but not unwilling people's...
They can't use unwilling people's blood because....just read the disclaimer I put in the same post. It's necessary for game balance. Simply pilling other people's blood isn't heretical - spilling other people's blood as worship is. As all religions, it's kind of complicated but an easy (if inaccurate) way of explaining it is this: killing a guy and then bending his blood as a weapon makes for a cool action sequence and is religiously neutral to Malakath since no one is being disrespected. (Neutral - not balanced.) Killing a guy and painting yourself with his blood is both disgusting to watch and utterly disrespectful to the sacrifice and is religiously heretical to Malakath.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: December 19, 2014, 07:48:03 pm »

They can't use unwilling people's blood because....just read the disclaimer I put in the same post. It's necessary for game balance. Simply pilling other people's blood isn't heretical - spilling other people's blood as worship is. As all religions, it's kind of complicated but an easy (if inaccurate) way of explaining it is this: killing a guy and then bending his blood as a weapon makes for a cool action sequence and is religiously neutral to Malakath since no one is being disrespected. (Neutral - not balanced.) Killing a guy and painting yourself with his blood is both disgusting to watch and utterly disrespectful to the sacrifice and is religiously heretical to Malakath.

I am simply stating-if your religion is not supposed to be based on killing people, it seems like a bad idea to make a magic that can only be powered up by killing someone. Kind of sends mixed messages. "I AM FINE IF YOU KILL PEOPLE FOR THEIR BLOOD, JUST AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DO IT FOR ME UNLESS I TELL YOU TO!"

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2884 on: December 19, 2014, 07:50:11 pm »

Also, safe stasis for Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: December 19, 2014, 07:55:11 pm »

To add, it just dawned on me that you might have not gotten the Warhammer reference :-\.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: December 19, 2014, 08:12:06 pm »

I am simply stating-if your religion is not supposed to be based on killing people, it seems like a bad idea to make a magic that can only be powered up by killing someone. Kind of sends mixed messages. "I AM FINE IF YOU KILL PEOPLE FOR THEIR BLOOD, JUST AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DO IT FOR ME UNLESS I TELL YOU TO!"
It can't be "powered up" by killing people. There are two magic classes that use dead people blood - Elemental and Necromantic. Necromantic, as we've already covered, is pretty much useless unless they're a vampire (which don't exist, unless you count Malakath). Elemental magic makes more sense because it's basically blood-bending but mana usage is still a concern. More blood manipulation = more mana usage at a linear rate. On top of that, using dead people's blood is more mana-intensive than using your own blood. The only advantage is that you don't make yourself physically weaker. Even then, dead animal blood works just as well as dead people blood with the same mana-usage.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: December 19, 2014, 08:18:56 pm »

Blood magic is defined. It now branches Ritual magic, Elemental magic (bending), Divine magic, and Necromantic magic. Blood is defined as being the silver of the soul and gold of the will. That means that unless the blood's owner is dead, it cannot be used in magic unless the owner itself chooses to use it themselves. Even then, Necromantic blood magic is pretty weak and is only decently useful in the hands of vampires (who don't exist.) Mind-control prevents blood magic.

This is what you wrote, correct? This makes it sound like any of the magic can use the blood of a dead man. I don't know a lot about how the magic is run here, but is 'mana' even a real thing? I never heard the term used in this game before now. When I read it, I read it as "More blood=more power. Can't use living people's blood, so ya got to kill them". If that wasn't your intention, as long as it was cleared up in actual creation, it might not be. That is just how I read it.

Someone will yell BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD regardless, or it is hereticalness~!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: December 19, 2014, 08:31:01 pm »

I'm looking at my essense now. How is it even remotely legit? Did you forgot to substract a bit KJP?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2889 on: December 19, 2014, 08:39:34 pm »

It appears I did. Khaziraad is now at 20/26.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: December 19, 2014, 08:44:45 pm »

I don't know a lot about how the magic is run here, but is 'mana' even a real thing?
Yup. Mana is canon. I'll take your advise and clarify how blood magic works. I've got stuff to do first, though.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: December 19, 2014, 09:22:47 pm »

The situation going on in IC is starting to confuse me. The angels were supposed to spread my word but I didn't give them orders to be aggressive in doing so. Just like when I went to convert the Yaosian dimension into the Malakathian dimension, I would've expected that from autocancelling my action. As much as I hate to ask again, I think another retcon is in order.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:15:51 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2892 on: December 19, 2014, 11:16:15 pm »

This may be one of the last posts before stuff and packing happen. Proposals will not die until Tuesday (UTC) regardless of whether I am back to post updates by then.

Let's just say the angels were not more aggressive than normal and the Golems looked down on such petty fleshy things as blood. Retconning is not good in the long run and makes a mess of the numbers as you may have seen.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: December 19, 2014, 11:32:54 pm »

$$$
Price check on going back in time using Dimensional magic, take their souls while doing some illusion magic to be invisible, use Psymental telekinetic and Elemental blood magic so it looks like they're still alive before past-me "kills" them, and then I go forward in time again and I have their souls! Stable time loop. Then I simply bring the mortals back to life, perhaps using Necromantic magic to lessen the cost.

This may be one of the last posts before stuff and packing happen. Proposals will not die until Tuesday (UTC) regardless of whether I am back to post updates by then.
Two months and nine days was a good run. I'm proud of you for managing daily updates for so long. You truly are on a level of your own as a GM.

Let's just say the angels were not more aggressive than normal and the Golems looked down on such petty fleshy things as blood.
But they don't look down on souls, right? Souls is my primary sphere and last I checked every single sapient Golem and Gremlin have souls.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:36:46 pm by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: December 19, 2014, 11:35:12 pm »

I suggest making fishmalks. That shouldn't cost too much.
$$$
Fishmalks:
  • Subrace, template from Blood Drinkers
  • Irredeemably insane manic Cloudcuckoolanders
  • Psychic link to all other Fishmalks
  • Clairvoyance, but good luck separating prophecy from insanity
  • Breaks the Captain Ersatz rule
Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

Ninjaedit: Ignore Cim's cross-alignment penalty for this, it's not actually going to create these.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 350