Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 409960 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here
« Reply #5220 on: August 20, 2015, 04:47:53 am »

Done

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: February 08, 2018, 07:24:14 am »

When this game ended, I decided to keep a few secrets so that I would have an advantage in future games. I continued to keep secrets in future games for the same reason. I said to myself that I would reveal everything once enough time had passed and "enough time" has most CERTAINLY passed by now. (Also I resolved not to play any more Ye Gods games due to their propensity for death, so there's no reason for me not to reveal my secrets.) Since this is a fairly substantial contribution to the thread, I'm hoping that this necro will be excused.

To begin with, I will reveal some secrets from Ye Gods 1.

Yaos was a cunt. He had the highest number of unique god kills of all the other gods. The first god that was ever killed? Yaos. That Strength god who Yaos mourned? Also killed by Yaos. There was another god Yaos killed but I forgot which one. His ultimate goal was to become the undisputed ruler of the Bubble. To this end he was willing to do anything, even wipe out all humans. Like, he genuinely wanted humans to succeed but he was fine with killing them all off to advance his goals, given that he could always make more after he had finally won. He resurrected using babies somehow. Can't quite remember the specifics. Think it involved cutting his Essence cap in half and divine essence and stuff. Hated the Void. (All my gods did.)

Malakath was genuinely good. Loved soul science, a bit like Princess Bubblegum in a way. Wanted peace, to advance her civilisation, and to study her spheres. I liked playing her the most. She had a moon-sized space battleship just in case. Her most powerful trump cards by far came from her afterlives, though. Her main afterlife was nothing special (though it did have warriors), but she had a special "shadow realm" type place which exclusively housed thousands upon thousands of evil souls. These souls would combat each other and consume each other, generating extremely powerful warriors over time. Their combined total power ended up being enough that they could crush Stirk's god's angels despite being fewer in number. I honestly did not expect them to be anywhere close to that powerful when I made that realm. Making that realm was easily the best and luckiest decision I ever made.

Now for the secrets from other games. I don't know which games I did what in, so these are a bit more scattered.

When I was playing the second Malakath, there was another god who made a really big, powerful star. Malakath subverted it by giving the star a soul. She could've wiped out all life in a solar flare if she so much as asked that star to do so. She really had no interest or reason to do so. The reason I made Malakath was to explore the Souls sphere. That's really it. I went for a secrecy run so that I could do exactly that without interference from other gods. The sun thing was more just to see if I could do that and to give myself a trump card if I needed it.

I hadn't really made up my mind on what Death's ultimate goal was. It was either omnicide or simply enforcing the concept of death enough so that no one could get around it. Death did, however, start on a megaproject to be able to do omnicide if I decided to go that route. It was going to be an Almighty artifact called Death's Scythe. It would've been the ultimate, almighty expression of the concept of death. It was to be utterly unstoppable, essentially making Death omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent for a full round, which would allow him to kill everything inside and potentially even outside the Bubble, absolutely, with no way to overcome, avoid, trick, etc. the power. The problem with artifacts above Divine is that they have bad side effects with severity increasing as the power of the artifact increased. I found a way around that. Instead of dealing with unknown side effects, I would instead intentionally write in a very powerful drawback. The drawback I chose was its cost. In addition to the standard 300 Essence cost, I would also have to sacrifice four Divine artifacts related to Death. I had finished creation of one of those artifacts and partially paid for the second before the game died.
One thing I really regret was getting involved with killing necromancers. The temptation to do RP was there and I failed to resist, and for that I suffered.

There was a game where my god (forgot which one) and a bunch of other gods murdered a god of Evil or something. We were on trial and got put in jail and stuff. I even presented quotes from KJP that gave me legitimate reason to do what we did. The thing that no one but I knew - not even the accomplice gods knew about this - was that those quotes were false. I quoted some things KJP PM'd me, but replaced the text in those quotes with my own text. I was quite proud of that ruse. Aside from that, me and the other gods managed to find a way out of that jail we got put in. Given that something was going to explode inside it taking us all with it, I feel this was at least somewhat justified, even besides the fact that the god we killed was a god of Evil (or something like that).

So yeah, that's everything I can remember. I'm glad that this series of games existed. I'll always have fond memories of it. I'd like to thank KJP, Stirk, and all the players for the experiences.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:41:49 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: February 08, 2018, 01:10:06 pm »

I recall it being attempted murder and not actually a successful one in the second game. Considering my Meow was in the faction opposing to yours.

The Clowns were complete unadultarated bullshit by the way. Literally a soul plague hardwired into the fabric of Creation from the getgo but also a species and a serious personality disorder. People openly admitted to me they stopped investigating them because they only got more and more disturbed the more they learned. Cause they were really fucked up.

Did I mention the Clowns fed on certain types of thoughts, emotions, had major capacity to affect minds, were highly infectious, were technically a hivemind, and had an equivalent to 40K style Ork Waagh psionics but tilted towards regeneration instead of tech? Oh and lets not forget the sapient masses of trash, the brain hijacking cats, and the Mimes who ate souls and could believe mountains out of Existence.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: February 08, 2018, 01:19:01 pm »

that honestly sounds like a mishmash of words that someone with a half working brain leaning into some seriously depraved stuff would write before it was snuffed out.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: February 08, 2018, 01:20:48 pm »

Exactly. People got too weirded out to continue investigations.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: February 08, 2018, 01:22:54 pm »

When was this?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: February 08, 2018, 01:26:14 pm »

Second Ye Gods game. Like I literally said.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: February 08, 2018, 01:26:37 pm »

I uh... I don't think I participated in that.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5228 on: February 08, 2018, 01:39:50 pm »

How were the YGs with the worst KJPs the most successful anyway? :(

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: February 08, 2018, 01:40:40 pm »

rapid fire discord memes.

EDIT: KJP has just finished their third Ye gods game a couple days ago, in case you were curious at how fast they turned over.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:43:18 pm by Blood_Librarian »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: February 09, 2018, 09:53:48 am »

Note that not every weird thing was Meow's fault. Mörkö copied their style in a number of scares in order to leave fewer fingerprints, so to say.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: February 09, 2018, 10:10:55 am »

Ye. Meow was fine with the Additional Chaos.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: February 09, 2018, 10:17:07 am »

Mavnon was a hopeless dipshit who lied her way to not dying. But I'm sure everyone knew that.

Sadiq was genuine.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: February 09, 2018, 10:26:43 am »

Huh. I don't quite remember, but I think Azem attributed those deaths to Grauel, who he knew had no problem draining the sleeping gods of their essence.

Annnd now it's hit me. Like properly hit me. Azem put humanity into the hands of young god who he thought of as innocent and well meaning, if foolhardy. Hah.

Wait...Malakath always claimed to have the memories of Yaos. Did she know?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: February 09, 2018, 10:59:12 am »

I have to admit, I can't fully remember all my secret plans and motivations. Melyssa was evil, though weak and not that cunning. She was, however, heavily invested into increasing her powers through dubious voidy ways. Alicia and Myx were quite benevolent, though one was trying to create a secret order of powerful angels and the other created a GARGANTUAN all-knowing sea serpent.

Morthan, on the other hand, had more ambition, especially within the Chaos Theory pantheon. I know he was planning to do something powerful with the souls, though I can not remember the details and I've deleted those messages from my inbox sadly.

Edit: Seems like I've found a quote of myself within a message I received.
"a plane of existence that tries to suck in as many souls as it can possibly hold, and then compresses and melts them, creating Soul Metal, a transparent metal capable of hurting gods. "
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:03:58 am by Lord_lemonpie »
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350