Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Glovedloved - The Mountain of Kings [DISCUSSION & COMMENTS]  (Read 19686 times)

Njneko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Mountain of Kings - A twisted Dwarven society
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 08:34:12 am »

Seems neat :3, I'd be a dwarf, but like I kinda suck at DF so I won't take a turn tho o-o.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 08:38:01 am »

We need to mod in a nutritive cake that can be made from plump helmet and wood ash.  That way the serfs will have cake to eat.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 09:44:57 am »

Looking for a little more clarification.  When you say that you can't send anything from the aristocratic core out to the rabble, what if there is transfer, but no net movement of goods.

For instance:  The core aristocracy find it beneath themselves to actually make things as breathtakingly common as tables and thrones.  So, instead, they send the stone out to the peasantry to have it worked, and then the products are returned to the glorious overseers in full.

Those who are caught stealing any of this stone for their own purposes are, of course, harshly punished.

The mountainhome can be made far more luxurious if we outsource all these little dirty little tasks to those that are more than happy to do them.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 11:38:45 am »

A turn and a dwarf, I can't wait to do this!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 02:04:30 pm »

Tough Luck, Rhaken and Einstein, you get to live in poverty and tantrumming for 1 to 100 years.

Such is life.
*Starts planning coup*

How will traders be handled?
I guess they can trade only with the slums, also perhaps only with the nobles.
Many ideas here, as we peasants may decide to attack a caravan, while the nobles would wish to prevent the slaughter, and perhaps war with others.

This may lead to the trade route being controlled by either side, with the other side trying to gain control in a non rule-breaking way.

(Willing to play after Deus Asmoth)

Nordinkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 02:12:15 pm »

Njneko and tonnot98, WELCOME TO THE MOUNTAIN

Onud itlud, you time may probably come, but not now. for now you join the bums.

WITH THAT, WE GOT OUR SEVEN FOUNDERS.

every next dorfed citizen will automatically start as people from the slums.

will start playing now.
Unlike Drunk Fortress (which i plan on playing regularly, too), the post will take a little longer to write up, becaus ei have to actually try to play the game and put effort in the post. So expect my whole turn, the save file and some political bureaucracy we need to be handling after every single turn.

LET THE INSANITY BEGIN

Nordinkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 02:20:30 pm »

For instance:  The core aristocracy find it beneath themselves to actually make things as breathtakingly common as tables and thrones.  So, instead, they send the stone out to the peasantry to have it worked, and then the products are returned to the glorious overseers in full.

let's say supplying the proletariat with goods that may turn into something dangerous (or too luxurious) would naturally be generally frowned upon, and a mountainhome citizen guilty for helping a possible revolt will most likely result in either a death sentence or or a re-slumming sentence.

Really, the gray zones make everythign more interesting. How to handle them is subject to the overseers and/or council. the system is intentionally incomplete and faulty for great !!FUN!! opportunitties.

Yesaja

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy Lamia Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 02:41:11 pm »

Count me in as one of the first migrants?  :D

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 04:45:01 pm »

How exactly do you intend to defend yourselves without metalworking for a military among the slum dwarves? The aristocracy is obviously too valuable to risk their lives for the peasantry.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 05:04:48 pm »

How exactly do you intend to defend yourselves without metalworking for a military among the slum dwarves? The aristocracy is obviously too valuable to risk their lives for the peasantry.
wooden bolts and fallen weapons from invaders I suppose?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Nordinkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 06:27:21 pm »

that's actually the worst part about being a peasant. they get all the war and death.

They will defend theirselves with goblinite.

Also, the fact that there's consequences for using forbidden crafts and workshops needn't neccesarily stop them from doing so anyways.

Onod Itlud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 06:45:13 pm »

Onud itlud, you time may probably come, but not now. for now you join the bums.

Fair enough. The Royal Guard shall be the finest gang in the Junk heap then. Maybe they'll support the eventual rebellion against the Yokels, or maybe they're throw their hands in with the Nobles in exchange for preferential treatment and not filling aforementioned nobles with arrows.

As is stands they shall just try and be the best cross Dwarves in town.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 07:34:25 pm »

I'd like to claim a dwarf/migrant. The self proclaimed "Doctor", at your service. Note the quotation marks. I'm most likely not going to be too dedicated for a turn, but I'll do quite a bit of roleplaying and commentary on the fortress as it goes along.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 09:39:42 pm »

Given that knights used to come from among the ranks of the Aristocracy (indeed it was frowned upon to let the common folk handle anything sharp), I think there is some precedence here.

This might make an argument for tracking the sons and daughters of the bourgeoisie and then induct them as a special kind of Royal Guard.  If the fort holds that long.

Now that you're starting the fort, you may want to update the post to include what version we'll be working with.

Njneko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 02:46:46 am »

Yay noble like a proud corgi hopping through fields of grain :D. Can't wait to see how I go insane.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17