Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Glovedloved - The Mountain of Kings [DISCUSSION & COMMENTS]  (Read 19710 times)

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Glovedloved - The Mountain of Kings [DISCUSSION & COMMENTS]
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2014, 11:33:01 am »

We may want to start up Plan B.  Chim, were you looking to put together the B-site?  I could do it if you don't want to, but this weekend is a busy one for me, so I likely wouldn't be able to start on it until Monday.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2014, 11:38:37 am »

I don't really have a clue how to manage the "keep the common Dwarf out" aspects of things. (Also RL is more than a little crazy at the moment... :()

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2014, 11:43:44 am »

OK.  I'll do what I can in any freetime that presents itself over the weekend, but most of it I'll work up on Monday with hopes to have Plan B up by Tuesday or Wednesday.  That'll give Nordi some time to check in.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2014, 12:48:45 pm »

OK.  I'll do what I can in any freetime that presents itself over the weekend, but most of it I'll work up on Monday with hopes to have Plan B up by Tuesday or Wednesday.  That'll give Nordi some time to check in.
*nods*
Sounds like a plan. :)

Have a good weekend!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2014, 07:10:32 am »

I knew I was cursed  :'(... thing s I take part in just.. die
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Nordinkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2014, 07:35:08 am »

got my internet back and its back to full capacity.

Bare with my horrible incompetence for just some more and i can finally pass it on to you so this thing can get the attention it deserves.

Sorry.

Save File:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10012
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:42:55 am by Nordinkel »

Yesaja

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy Lamia Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2014, 08:26:18 am »

got my internet back and its back to full capacity.

[...]

Save File:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10012

I'll continue my swearing from drunk fortress right here:

FUCK YEAH!  8)

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2014, 08:48:58 am »

Thanks Nord.  We love you Nord.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2014, 03:27:33 pm »

Glad to see you're still kicking! (*kicks your internet* :-\)

Working on Chimerat's journal now.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2014, 04:20:24 pm »

HE LIVES  :D
Can i please swap my turn with tacomagic?  I might not have time over the next week to do this
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2014, 06:38:55 pm »

I should have time to start this evening.  Probably take a few hours to work out all the ins and outs of the separation.

I'll post back here with a (hopefully) brief workup of all the mechanics of the separation (and the bits that will have to be good enough) once I'm done with that portion of my turn.  Hopefully by late Sunday night.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2014, 06:56:09 pm »

I find that 2 z-level hallways incorporating a bridge and a door on one switch (the bridge down blocks the lower passage, while the door open provides access, but the bridge up allows access from the lower passage but the then closed door blocks access.  It becomes a type of airlock.  bridge at one side of a room containing the trade depot and the door on the other side providing access to the inner recesses is usually good for creating essentially two populations.  Add to that a "pit" chute, and what now have are both controlled ingress and egress from/to the inner fortress.

I've actually used this system to create seven distinct populations in a single embark, each one with a bridge leading to the next population and dumping to the one before it in a cycle.  Every time one section of the population died from tantrum spiral, I just sent a married pair over via militia orders to repopulate it once more.  It was an interesting experiment.  (34.11)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2014, 07:08:41 pm »

I find that 2 z-level hallways incorporating a bridge and a door on one switch (the bridge down blocks the lower passage, while the door open provides access, but the bridge up allows access from the lower passage but the then closed door blocks access.  It becomes a type of airlock.  bridge at one side of a room containing the trade depot and the door on the other side providing access to the inner recesses is usually good for creating essentially two populations.  Add to that a "pit" chute, and what now have are both controlled ingress and egress from/to the inner fortress.

I've actually used this system to create seven distinct populations in a single embark, each one with a bridge leading to the next population and dumping to the one before it in a cycle.  Every time one section of the population died from tantrum spiral, I just sent a married pair over via militia orders to repopulate it once more.  It was an interesting experiment.  (34.11)

I was actually thinking of something similar.  A neutral zone where interactions can happen inside with bridges on either end to create an airlock (if needed, figured I'd set the whole ordeal up so it could remain open most of the time), and then the two populations separated on either side.  Use stockpile linkages (and minecarts where applicable) to allow goods to flow to/from either camp and the neutral zone without having issues of cross-pollination.

From there, burrow both groups into their individual camps.  Miners will be an issue because they don't follow burrowing restrictions, but I figure we can live with that since they're doing the dirty work anyway.  Same with construction jobs, but since it's grunt labor, I figure we can live with that as well.

There will be some hauling issues, but having that neutral zone where both burrows overlap will go a long way to tamping those down.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2014, 10:54:35 pm »

Hmm, just spent an hour looking at the map and planning.  Going to take a little more work than I thought with how we're set up so far.  Going to have to drastically rework everything to centralize the approach in order to assure at least a modest amount of isolation.

Luckily Nordi did a decent job at setting up the burrowing, so I won't need to make too many changes there.

The stockpile rework will have to wait until I've actually re-routed everything.  I'll need to see what I can do to get a few more picks out there because it'll be a lot of digging.  Luckily, there are a lot of idlers right now, so any construction that needs doing won't be a problem.

More importantly, before I begin the rework, we need to vote on somebody for admission to the mountain.  I assume we want to handle that over on the RP thread, so I'll plop a post over there tomorrow at some point.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2014, 06:32:27 am »

Probably take a few hours to work out all the ins and outs of the separation.
 once I'm done with that portion of my turn.  Hopefully by late Sunday night.
That does bring to mind a question I'd had previously: Does this make the "Kings" captives in the mountain, or are they free to go as they please?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17