Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 3 (Last Updated: 11/12/14)  (Read 11326 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 09:48:35 am »

Yay, mouseling buddies! :D

Don't jinx us, I think we're both on the waiting list. Too many post sitters. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 11:09:39 am »

Pssst, there haven't been any humans for a long time. But if it makes you feel better, the discrimination could probably come from just about any race if you tried hard enough. But otherwise, it looks good.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 11:16:15 am »

Don't jinx us, I think we're both on the waiting list. Too many post sitters. :P
Web's not a first come first serve person.
Otherwise I'd be surely in because I saw all this before and I'm being teasy-mean in a jolly way. Nyah. :P
But other than that--I'd be willing to be put on the waiting list if anyone else wants a shot in this.
This game got a lot of potential in it.
I know :3

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 11:18:16 am »

Pssst, there haven't been any humans for a long time. But if it makes you feel better, the discrimination could probably come from just about any race if you tried hard enough. But otherwise, it looks good.

Yeah, I probably should have that...first line, in the first post...

???

Anyway, I edited it around now.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 03:39:50 pm »

Otherwise I'd be surely in because I saw all this before and I'm being teasy-mean in a jolly way. Nyah. :P
But other than that--I'd be willing to be put on the waiting list if anyone else wants a shot in this.
Psh. I could work with 9 people. All I'm waiting on are you andDarkArtemisFowl, but I'd be willing to set up Turn 0 soon.

I'll give about 16 hours for abyone else to enter or finish their characters. Then I shall start.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 04:40:33 pm »

Name: Varrus
Sex: Male
Race: Flora
Deity: Phytta & Aqus
Title: The shaman

Background: Growing up in the Onyx forest is never easy, but it has its upsides. Most other races shy away from it, so Varrus has not seen many outsiders in his life. Of course, those that do venture into the forest are the bravest of all, or the most desperate.

Since childhood Varrus has been trained to become a healer. Learning from a very old Floran, he has learned to use magic, together with normal techniques and herbs, to heal wounds and cure ailments. In the most desperate cases it fell on him to call outside help, making deals with the spirits of the forest to give him the strength to heal the most terrible of wounds.

Upon completing his training he decided that he would not choose a place to settle down, instead travelling all over the forest to help those who need him. Travelling as much as he did, he took up music and storytelling, finding that it helps both on lonely nights and to entertain those he sometimes travelled with. The music had an unintended side effect of sometimes soothing angry spirits.

On one fateful day, at the very edge of the forest, he came across an outsider. A mouseling, wounded gravely. Varrus nursed the mouseling back to health, exchanging stories with the outsider as he healed up over the course of several days. Intrigued by the outside world, he decided to go out of his forest, hoping to learn new techniques and to help as many people as he could.

Description: Tall for a Floran, his 'skin' is much darker than others of his race. A single flower grows on the side of his head, its colour a deep shade of purple.
Personality: Varrus is compassionate and calm. Being trained as a healer has left him an almost complete pacifist, he considers everyone to be a potential friend. As this is the first time he has left the Onyx Forest, he really has no idea of other cultures and races, thus coming over as somewat awkward to others.
Skills: Varrus is an accomplished healer, both in normal medicine as magical healing. He has extensive knowledge of plants and herbs and potion making. As with many Florans, he is an accomplished magic user, focusing mostly on healing, manipulating the nature around him and inlisting the aid of spirits.
Items: A grey travelling cloak, a walking stick, guitar.

Additional Information: (optional, if this doesn't clash with the lore or anything) The flower on his head isn't actually part of his body, but rather a serperate organism that houses a tiny spirit. The spirit doesn't have much power and takes the form of a very small, colourful bird when summoned.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 04:50:58 pm »

Sheet posted.

blazing glory

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 07:49:27 pm »

Finished off my sheet, I hate doing personality, I'm pretty rubbish at writing that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 09:43:39 pm »

Psh. I could work with 9 people. All I'm waiting on are you andDarkArtemisFowl, but I'd be willing to set up Turn 0 soon.

I'll give about 16 hours for abyone else to enter or finish their characters. Then I shall start.
Oh bloodfish. I didn't upload that offline sheeeeet D:
Will do! Hold on. For around 6 moe hours ._.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 08:19:56 am »

Oh bloodfish!

What an odd interjection. Sounds like something Sadie would say. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 09:50:48 am »

Alright, let's start working with what we got.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 10:19:56 pm »

First: The Beginning | Previous: The Beginning | Current: The Camp | Next: The Clearing

Minor Updates:
Felix Part 1 | Felix Part 2 | Felix Part 3

The Camp

There were a lot of good characters, and honestly, I couldn’t pick, so I went the RNG method. I apologize if you didn’t get entered, but I will notify you if and when another player dies.

The camp had been filled with dozens of scientists that scoured you, measured you, prodded and poked those that had arrived. There were odd experiments with magic applied to you that made no sense. After each of these tests, though, you were given some food and a couple coins. The coins were about a day’s worth of pay doing menial work, but it was the food that intrigued you more.

It was the greatest food you had ever had. It reminded you of something you’d eaten long ago, something like homesickness, nostalgia, and belonging, all in one measly ration. Some of the others broke down crying after a few bites.

The second day was the point that you started seeing people disappear. You’re not sure when they had left, but you know there were more of them before. It started to make you wonder what this was all about. How did this save this guy’s sister? What are all these tests for? The questions weren’t just forming in your mind either. Everyone seemed to have a worrying look.

Three days in and you saw a fight took place. An Ursa had clearly lost its nerve at an Avian, who had made an off-color remark about the Ursa’s family. The Avian, while lower caste and physically well built, managed to only make a few scratches on the Ursa’s face after having his neck and chest sliced open from the Ursa’s claws. It took a few people to hold the Ursa back, but the next day, less than a quarter of those that were there the day before remained.

That is when Felix spoke to everyone.

“Thank you for staying, heroes. I apologize for the tests beforehand, but there was a critical need for them.” His voice still contrasting his appearance. “You will be going somewhere completely new and foreign. If you wish to leave, do so now.” Nobody moved. “If not, then follow me.”

Felix leads the group of a couple dozen away from the camp to a small cavern. Standing outside the cavern are two armed guards, large Reptilians clad in light armor and each holding identical swords that seemed to hold their own glows, who immediately move to side to let them all pass.

The inside of the cavern is much larger than it had originally appeared from the outside. There is another smaller camp set up inside surrounding what seems to be a large device of some sort, built into the cavern wall.

“Long ago, my descendants encountered a creature bound to a simple jar. This creature was a genie, malevolent and all-powerful but limited. The genie could grant those that rubbed the lamp any wish they wanted, but these wishes came at a terrible price. What that price is is not well known, but my family has sworn to watch over the jar.”

Felix pauses for a bit, pulling out a picture of his sister. The image is faded and aged of a teenage female Lionfellow with what looked to be light yellow fur but could be mildew on the photograph. “My sister was born with a progressive disease that steadily destroys her mind and body. Unfortunately for her, there was no cure at the time. She summoned the genie and wished for a world to save herself, taking the jar with her.”

“I have spent 41 years finding everything I need to cure her, but I’m afraid that I don’t have the necessary skill to retrieve her from the world. If you can find her and bring her back to the spot where you entered, I will reward you. If you cannot do that, then find the jar and destroy it. It should destroy the dream world.” Felix pauses before continuing in a suddenly sad and weak voice. “Or kill the genie.” He recovered his voice though. “However, he is incredibly dangerous.”

He motions toward the a light blue ring that was beginning to form inside the odd wall-device. “On the other side of this portal, you’ll find that world.” The device hums and buzzes as scientists begin working at an increased speed, but the ring in the middle seemed not to be moving at all. “Unfortunately, we can only send six of you at a time, so please get in line.”

The gathered get in line, meeting their newly found five other partners. Your group, including you, consists of: a cheerful-looking Canide named Koios, a towering Reptilian named Tedrikk (he’s really tall!), two Mouselings by the names of Mynse Crooktail and Snowy (though you’re pretty sure that last one isn’t her real name), a quiet Flora named Varrus, and an Ursa named Burm of Brunebristle, who might rival Tedrikk for tallest.

For now, you six are the first group to step through the portal. Felix comes up to your group and lets each of you ask a single question before you depart. Perhaps you should make use of this time to get to know one another and ask your question.

Spoiler: DarkArtemisFowl, Koios (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pancaek, Varrus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin, “Snowy” (click to show/hide)

NPCs:
Spoiler: Flower Spirit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:21:26 am by webadict »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 0
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 03:42:57 am »

Tedrikk's slitted eyes flared as he studied the portal, his companions, their surroundings and everything in between. Scaled hands fumbled for the thick, worn book at his side. He made a pleased hissing sound at reaching the most recent page.

Departing through strange portal. Palpitating. Exciting-nervous. Seen this land. Now new ones. Hope not to die, he scribbled down. After a moment's thought, Tedrikk added; Never anyone called me 'hero' before.

What to ask? He went over what the creature had said in his mind. And what he had not. Tedrikk's words came out in a frantic burst and he stared unblinking into their employer's eyes as he spoke;

'What know of beings in dream-world, Fee-lix? People there, monsters, living creatures? Are intel-ligent? Humbly ask I, please tell, tell.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

blazing glory

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 04:05:55 am »

-when another player dies.

Psh, as if that'll happen.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 07:52:46 am »

-when another player dies.