Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 3 (Last Updated: 11/12/14)  (Read 11237 times)

blazing glory

Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 0
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 08:21:59 am »

-when another player dies.

Psh, as if that'll happen.
I'm sure it will happen.

I'm not really one for wishful thinking.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 08:30:56 am »

Mynse was excited-his axes spun in casual, whirling arcs. He took a moment to think of his question, wondering what be covered by the others. He had heard legends of Genies before-the Mouslings of the Riverfolk called them "Wishfishers". Fishermen who offered delicious bait. With the heavy implication of the sharp hook at the end of every bargain.

After a moment, in a high pitched piping voice.

"S'okay. What was your sister like? Will we be saving her from the Wishfisher? Or saving her from...herself?" He said, his nose twitching, watching the brother closely.

Lies. Mynse had learned about lying, during his years as a Sniffer. He had found most peoples bodies-their soul, he thought-showed the truth their words might not. He knew Lionfellows put a lot of unconscious thought on their tails. You could tell what they were thinking-a fast swish indicated excitement, a slight droop might be a evasion of a known truth. When they were surprised it tended to whip back and forth sharply. Combine that with other tells, and a gift of logic and some empathy, and you've got your man nine times out of ten...of course, if you were smart, you trained your body to lie about your lying. But, that had tells too. In a silent war of facial twitches, nervous habits, and subdued words arrayed against truth, both sides tended to get better armed over time. Mynse was good for his age, though. He even knew the difference between lies that are on purpose...or, when someone lies because they wish it to be true...

These things made Mynse sad, to know them. But, they had saved his life and others, many times before.

He turned to the others, afterwards.

"Ah, and pleasure. I am Mynse Barrelbreaker, of the Crooktails, of the Rivermice. A long way from home, and the journeys not even started yet!

I for one, am excited."
He said, clinking his axes together with a bell-like ring.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:38:58 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 03:08:38 pm »

Varrus was leaning on his walking stick, observing his new teammates. The Ursa would probably need a lot of tending during their mission as such large creatures often got themselves into trouble, he mused. Good thing that he knew his way around wounds, then.

Varrus righted himself, gently scratching the flower on his head. He turned to Felix to ask his question.

"The food we were given on the first day was unlike anything I had eaten before. What was it, exactly?"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 06:06:46 pm »

Koios hopped eagerly between his two feet. He tried to hide his odd mixture of both anxiety and excitement, but it didn't take a fool to see that Koios was abound with energy. Sure, that may be attributed to his age, but there was something deeper that Koios was looking for here. He was hoping to make the absolute best pf this adventure and learn what he can from this experience.

"What do you think we'll face along the way? I don't think it'll be totally pleasant. Though, that would be nice.."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:09:18 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 06:27:47 pm »

Major Updates:
Previous: The Camp | Next: The Clearing

Minor Updates:
Previous: -- | Current: Felix Part 1 | Next: Felix Part 2

Tedrikk's slitted eyes flared as he studied the portal, his companions, their surroundings and everything in between. Scaled hands fumbled for the thick, worn book at his side. He made a pleased hissing sound at reaching the most recent page.

Departing through strange portal. Palpitating. Exciting-nervous. Seen this land. Now new ones. Hope not to die, he scribbled down. After a moment's thought, Tedrikk added; Never anyone called me 'hero' before.

What to ask? He went over what the creature had said in his mind. And what he had not. Tedrikk's words came out in a frantic burst and he stared unblinking into their employer's eyes as he spoke;

'What know of beings in dream-world, Fee-lix? People there, monsters, living creatures? Are intel-ligent? Humbly ask I, please tell, tell.'
"There are people and monsters that were created there, both of which might have intelligence. There’s also a few other heroes that were brought into the world before you. The dream world isn’t quite so different from our world, really. There are plants, animals, senti--intelligent creatures. However, this world was created from a genie. There might be things that even I cannot prepare you for.”

Mynse was excited-his axes spun in casual, whirling arcs. He took a moment to think of his question, wondering what be covered by the others. He had heard legends of Genies before-the Mouslings of the Riverfolk called them "Wishfishers". Fishermen who offered delicious bait. With the heavy implication of the sharp hook at the end of every bargain.

After a moment, in a high pitched piping voice.

"S'okay. What was your sister like? Will we be saving her from the Wishfisher? Or saving her from...herself?" He said, his nose twitching, watching the brother closely.

Lies. Mynse had learned about lying, during his years as a Sniffer. He had found most peoples bodies-their soul, he thought-showed the truth their words might not. He knew Lionfellows put a lot of unconscious thought on their tails. You could tell what they were thinking-a fast swish indicated excitement, a slight droop might be a evasion of a known truth. When they were surprised it tended to whip back and forth sharply. Combine that with other tells, and a gift of logic and some empathy, and you've got your man nine times out of ten...of course, if you were smart, you trained your body to lie about your lying. But, that had tells too. In a silent war of facial twitches, nervous habits, and subdued words arrayed against truth, both sides tended to get better armed over time. Mynse was good for his age, though. He even knew the difference between lies that are on purpose...or, when someone lies because they wish it to be true...

These things made Mynse sad, to know them. But, they had saved his life and others, many times before.

He turned to the others, afterwards.

"Ah, and pleasure. I am Mynse Barrelbreaker, of the Crooktails, of the Rivermice. A long way from home, and the journeys not even started yet!

I for one, am excited."
He said, clinking his axes together with a bell-like ring.
Felix gives a confused look for a second at the word Wishfisher but seems to understand as the Mouseling finishes. “My sister is--was--a rather rebellious young girl. She was usually too smart for her own good, but she was still my only family. The genie might or might not be an issue if you go for the jar, but the jar is hidden, taken by my sister into the dream world. It is likely that she will put up a fight, and she may not even believe you at first. Remember that she has been trapped in this world for a long time, so I don’t know exactly what’s happened to her since.”

But, something about what Felix says seems… off. He’s not lying, but there’s something missing. Or maybe he is lying? People don’t usually feel like this. It’s like he means everything he says but lies about it at the same time.

Before you can think more of it, Felix pulls a picture out and hands it to you. His voice changes to that sad voice as he says, “Ann. That’s her name.”

The picture is almost the same as the one Felix showed before, but it shows more of the picture this time, featuring a much younger Felix as well as Ann. You hand the picture back, but the Lionfellow motions at the Mouseling to keep it.

Varrus was leaning on his walking stick, observing his new teammates. The Ursa would probably need a lot of tending during their mission as such large creatures often got themselves into trouble, he mused. Good thing that he knew his way around wounds, then.

Varrus righted himself, gently scratching the flower on his head. He turned to Felix to ask his question.

"The food we were given on the first day was unlike anything I had eaten before. What was it, exactly?"
“Oh? Do you like it? It was a substance I had created a few years back, but we refashioned it to look like food. I like to call it Soul Food. It’s used mainly for inhibiting your magical aura in order to lessen the effects of world hopping. The taste you noticed was a bit of an unintended consequence, and nobody is really quite sure of why it tastes like it does. I can certainly get you more of it, if you’d like.”

Koios hopped eagerly between his two feet. He tried to hide his odd mixture of both anxiety and excitement, but it didn't take a fool to see that Koios was abound with energy. Sure, that may be attributed to his age, but there was something deeper that Koios was looking for here. He was hoping to make the absolute best pf this adventure and learn what he can from this experience.

"What do you think we'll face along the way? I don't think it'll be totally pleasant. Though, that would be nice.."
“The biggest obstacle will be the unknown. There is a lot about the world that we haven’t figured out yet, and none of the adventurers we’ve sent in before you have returned. There might be something different happening from the few descriptions the test explorers brought back. Other than that, there might be monsters, traps, curses, or whatever else the genie will do to stop you.”
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:25:04 am by webadict »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 07:32:51 am »

The big Ursa stood in silence next to the others, seemingly to shrink and visibly become more discouraged as the talk about genies and magic and curses went on.
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 08:32:23 am »

The big Ursa stood in silence next to the others, seemingly to shrink and visibly become more discouraged as the talk about genies and magic and curses went on.

Mynce tugs on the discouraged Ursa's fur.

"Psst! Down here! When an Ursa tries to look small, it makes Mouselings feel a bit put upon!" He joked. "Who are you, anyway, friend? I'm Mynce..." He continued, speaking in a low voice-not wanting to put the Ursa in the middle of a big conversation he might not be comfortable in.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 08:51:03 pm »

((Interested, please PM me when the waitlist gets shorter and I'll make a character.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 06:07:12 am »

"Why yes, if you could spare some more of this soul-food, that would be much appreciated. How much does it inhibit one's magic, exactly? Could enough of it neutralize it for a while?"

Ask and receive some more soulfood from felix, ask question as well

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 04:31:06 pm »

"O-Okay.. I think we'll be fine.."

Koios was not very confident in his own words, but he did not want to discourage himself. Not yet, not before the adventure had even started. There was still much he needed to learn. If he needed to take risks to learn, then so be it.

He stared at the ground and fidgeted with his half-piece necklace.
Maybe he would be able to find out what happened after all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 08:07:35 pm »

((Moissonic Tales: Turn 0
In which Tiruin is afflicted by sickness! D:))

Snowy shifted in her place, all the while peeking around and examining the cavern, glancing at the bits of rock on the side and their rough textures as well as their irregular surfaces carved from wind, water and stone.

She then looked at Felix. "If we found her, how will we get back? If she's in her own dreams--don't you think it best for us to know of her disease?"

Talk talk talk!

"Oh, my name is Snowy, everyone. Or you could call me Spots. Most call me that, but my friends call me the former, due to my fur pattern. Spots of white in a background of tan and autumn brown."

The Mouseling glanced down and cringed a bit--brushing her sleeves, keeping her forearms clothed. "It's a bit chilly here."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2014, 10:29:26 pm »

Major Updates:
Previous: The Camp | Next: The Clearing

Minor Updates:
Previous: Felix Part 1 | Current: Felix Part 2 | Next: Felix Part 3

Felix notices the Ursa's growing reluctance. "Err... There might also not be those things?"

"Why yes, if you could spare some more of this soul-food, that would be much appreciated. How much does it inhibit one's magic, exactly? Could enough of it neutralize it for a while?"

Ask and receive some more soulfood from felix, ask question as well
Felix's facial expression shows concern. "Neutralizing someone's magical field would probably kill them. Maybe. But, it would take a large amount of Soul Food to do it. Soul Food only limits the amount of magical field your body produces. It was never intended to completely neutralize it, but if you managed to get some of it on someone, it could weaken the magical field around the area it was currently touching."

Felix waves over a scientist and tells him to grab some more Soul Food. The scientist brings it over, handing it to Felix, who then hands it to you.

((Moissonic Tales: Turn 0
In which Tiruin is afflicted by sickness! D:))

Snowy shifted in her place, all the while peeking around and examining the cavern, glancing at the bits of rock on the side and their rough textures as well as their irregular surfaces carved from wind, water and stone.

She then looked at Felix. "If we found her, how will we get back? If she's in her own dreams--don't you think it best for us to know of her disease?"

Talk talk talk!

"Oh, my name is Snowy, everyone. Or you could call me Spots. Most call me that, but my friends call me the former, due to my fur pattern. Spots of white in a background of tan and autumn brown."

The Mouseling glanced down and cringed a bit--brushing her sleeves, keeping her forearms clothed. "It's a bit chilly here."
"Return to the spot that you arrived at. There should be a portal for you all to escape, provided that my sister is close by. And the world is not quite her dreams. The world was created by her, but it exists as a complete world, so long as she's there.

"The disease, however, isn't contagious, if that's what you're worried about. The disease is commonly known as Deathrot, mainly due to those getting the disease rotting to their deaths in both body and mind. Fortunately, the world she's in should allow her to be safe while she's in there. I'm ready to cure her as soon as she's back. The disease might have already had some affect on her mind, though, as she wasn't completely whole before she left..."

The portal seems to be nearing completion. Felix let's you know that you won't be hearing from him again until you're safely back. If there's anything else you need to know, ask it now.

Turn 1 shall begin soon.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:25:29 am by webadict »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 12:47:27 am »

"Continue please. We'd like to know everything you're able to deliver--I mean if there's any fear on your side, best consider that even if you told us everything, we might not return, so your conscience is sound.

"And when you say dream world, you're pretty sure about those details that they'll stay as they were when we're not perceiving it? Like, the spot will be the same spot since we left it?" Snowy brushed her foot on the cold, rock floor. "How'd you find all that out?"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2014, 08:51:34 am »

Tedrikk eyed the others and their conversations with interest. Especially the one called Varrus. Whether he realized it or not, he had just stumbled upon an excellent opportunity for profit. Certainly there was much more to this... quest than commerce, but he never let a chance slip away.

'I, too, would like Soul Food, Fee-lix. Valuable, yes? Unique? Would be of great use.'

There would be time to speak with the others after they entered the portal.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 08:53:20 am »

Mynce started running in place, he was quite excited.

He started talking at a high pitch, and hastily.

"Well, I reckon the genies world is like a little box, inside our own box. We won't feel any smaller, but we'll still be in the tiny box when we go through-no matter how big it seems to us. This spot right here is the lid of the tiny box. As long as we come back here, we'll come out the same into our own.

Assuming this is the box that is real.

Maybe THIS world is the Dreambox, and we're actually dreams given self consciousness-enough that we're going to escape into what we perceive is a dream, but is actually the REAL box. Or maybe the box we think of is a Dreambox, actually is a Dreambox, but it's actually the dreambox of a THIRD dreambox! And we're just second-hand dreams, the dreams of other dreams in other Dreamboxes!

Or maybe..."

Mynce continues in this vein until interrupted.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8