Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 3 (Last Updated: 11/12/14)  (Read 11315 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 0
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 08:56:35 am »

"Or maybe..."
{Snowy used Interrupt! It is very effective!!!}
"Maybe we're living in the dreams of Gods. I mean that makes sense too because there're things that happen that we don't understand but we can feel like we can understand it a-"

Snowy blinks and closes her mouth before nudging Mynce.

"What is a 'dream' world anyway?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 09:03:11 am »

"Or maybe..."
{Snowy used Interrupt! It is very effective!!!}
"Maybe we're living in the dreams of Gods. I mean that makes sense too because there're things that happen that we don't understand but we can feel like we can understand it a-"

"That's crazy talk. Everyone knows Gods can only have good dreams-if they can create any world, why would they dream of suffering and sadness? Why isn't Mynce ten-feet tall,with a golden tail and a wifemouse and thirty-four children? He's about to go on a dangerous journey, he might even die...maybe you, maybe all of us...

Must be some pretty weird Gods to dream up stuff like this."
Mynce replies.

"What is a 'dream' world anyway?"

"Well, by definition is a fantasy you create in your head. You imagine it to be, and it is. Seems we're dealing with it a bit more literally here, however."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 01:04:10 pm »

Varrus looks over at the ones having a conversation about the gods.

"I for one, don't think this is the dream of a God. As you say, why would they dream of suffering? Why would Gaia dream of losing his beloved Terra, and spend his existence in eternal sadness and cursing our existence." 

He scratches the flower on his head

"One of the tribes in my forest home had an idea about that, you know. They say that Terra did not die at childbirth, birthing our races. They say she never actually got to give birth, but that we are all the hopes and dreams of a loving God given physical form. That's why Gaia does not smite us down, because we are fragments of his beloved wife, her love and hope for her children, still here after she has died."

he shrugs

"It is all a moot point anyway. Even if this world is a but a dream, it is real to all of us. I thank all of the Gods every day that we may experience it, good and bad."

His eyes suddenly snap up, and he wrings his hands together.

"Sorry, I did not mean to intrude into your conversation like that. My name is Varrus, shaman to my people. I hope we may become friends."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 02:53:51 pm »

Koios' ears twitched at the hearing of a dream world and gods. He felt that he had heard something along those lines before, but... where, exactly? He had a hard time recalling where he had heard that before.

Phoebe.. she told me that this other place existed, but she couldn't let me know where she was going. Maybe this is similar to that place? Maybe she's somewhere around there, trying to find our parents...

Maybe...

((I've decided to drop the glow until a later time because it doesn't really match his character indication at this time. Maybe later, when he grows in power and spirit.))

"I think... I think I remember hearing something like this before. But, it wasn't a box, I think. It was just.. just a dream place. I never heard what it was completely about, but maybe it has something to do with what I've heard before?"

"My name's.. Koios, by the way. Probably younger than all of you, but that doesn't bother me. Nice to meet you all.."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2014, 08:16:51 am »

Major Updates:
Previous: The Camp | Next: The Clearing

Minor Updates:
Previous: Felix Part 2 | Current: Felix Part 3 | Next: ---

"Continue please. We'd like to know everything you're able to deliver--I mean if there's any fear on your side, best consider that even if you told us everything, we might not return, so your conscience is sound.

"And when you say dream world, you're pretty sure about those details that they'll stay as they were when we're not perceiving it? Like, the spot will be the same spot since we left it?" Snowy brushed her foot on the cold, rock floor. "How'd you find all that out?"
Felix looks at Snowy. “Yes, little Mouseling. The few tests we’ve done haven’t gotten more than a general layout. You should end up in a forested area with a path headed north, or the direction we consider north, at least. Compasses seem to have some issue in the world, but the magical field tends to flow in that direction, so we use it as North.

“As for your other question, the world isn’t exactly a dream world at all. I suppose that’s just a figment of speech. It’s a world that was dreamed up but very much exists.

Tedrikk eyed the others and their conversations with interest. Especially the one called Varrus. Whether he realized it or not, he had just stumbled upon an excellent opportunity for profit. Certainly there was much more to this... quest than commerce, but he never let a chance slip away.

'I, too, would like Soul Food, Fee-lix. Valuable, yes? Unique? Would be of great use.'

There would be time to speak with the others after they entered the portal.
Felix motions the same scientist over. He grabs some more Soul Food and makes a motion towards you. Felix smiles and nods, and the scientist hands to you.

Afterwards, Felix walks to another group, checking in on them. It's unlikely you'll get his attention, but the scientists are still at work.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:24:51 am by webadict »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 08:42:04 am »

"Humm, you know, I suggest everyone has a weapon drawn when we go through the...whatever." Mynce squeaks, his axes unsheathed.

"It's likely this genie knows who we are...and where we are coming from, and where we're coming out. He's most likely got something waiting to welcome us, you think?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2014, 09:35:39 am »

Tedrikk looked at Mynce. He looked at his empty hands. He cocked his broad head a litte.

'Yesss... weapons,' Tedrikk said, stretching the words. 'Talking better than fighting, yes, yes? Still, dream-world dangerous. Erm... tools of writing useful for stabbing, but not good, not good to ruin them. Hhrah. Should find weapons for entire group at first convenience.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2014, 09:41:07 am »

Mynce realized three of his teammates were sparsely armed-one only with a necklace, another a pen, the third with a stick.

"Uh...hey Mr. Lio, er Mr. Felix, can my teammates get some knives? Or maybe swords?

Or HUGE flaming axes with scary faces on them?!"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2014, 10:13:14 am »

First: The Beginning | Previous: The Camp | Current: The Clearing | Next: The Gate

The Clearing

One of the scientists yells for Felix’s attention, drowning out Mynce's request. Felix moves toward her, looking at a machine that was set up, before raising a hand to the group he moved on to.

“It seems we must pause our chat for a bit. The portal is ready.”

The portal, something which had oddly gathered little attention, suddenly became the focus of everyone. It was a light blue circle of light yet nothing like light at all. There wasn’t a good descriptor for the portal other than liquid light that held its shape to a certain degree.

“Alright, it should be safe to enter,” says one of the scientists standing near the group. “I promise, it won’t hurt at all.”

The six of them inch their way towards the portal, but it didn’t matter. The second that the six of them were within a certain distance, one of the scientists hit a button, and they were gone from the room. From their perspectives, they had seen a great blackness, and then they were in a forested clearing.

The six of them now stand on dirt, slightly moist as if it had rained within the past day or two. To the north is a dirt path that seems to lead to a road, and beside the path, you can make out what looks to be a wall. The trees that currently surround them are of a variety not unlike, as Varrus is acutely aware, onyx trees, but instead of the ashy black bark, these trees exhibited a navy blue hue with lighter blue leaves to match.

Of course, the trees had less of a chance to mesmerize, as onyx trees are prone to do, before the group notices six bodies, or rather what remains of the bodies, brutally impaled to the trees southeast of them. There's not much else the group can tell from where they are standing.

Snowy’s nose perks up as she smells something horrendous in the air, but none of the others seem to smell it. The odor is a sickly, sweet smell that causes the fur on Snowy's back to rise coming from the direction of the bodies but not the bodies themselves. The smell seems to be getting stronger though, becoming ever slightly more unbearable the longer they wait there. Snowy holds back the urge to vomit.

Spoiler: DarkArtemisFowl, Koios (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pancaek, Varrus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin, “Snowy” (click to show/hide)

NPCs:
Spoiler: Flower Spirit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:24:56 pm by webadict »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 1 (Last Updated: 10/25/14)
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2014, 10:35:31 am »

"...should have asked for the giant scary flaming axes earlier..." The Mouseling muttered, as he was maybe flying through the dimensions.

*cough*

Mynce grimaces, his axes twitching in his tiny hands.

"...huh, corpses...suppose we're supposed to be demoralized...or distracted. Where's the welcome-home party, I wonder?"

He cocks a beady eye at the trees above them.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2014, 06:40:16 am »

Burm blinked his eyes several times in surprise, then rose on his hind legs to get as good a view of the surrounding area as he could. His hand idly took to touching his necklace as he wondered to himself if his ancestors could still reach him in this cursed magic place.

"It's strange... It doesn't feel as different as I thought it would..."

His eyes fall on the impaled corpses impaled on the trees and he tenses up. "At least now we know for sure they aren't friendly."
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2014, 01:45:27 pm »

"Aye, well, we might as well get going, huh? I figure this isn't going to be a very fair fight, but I'm not sure how we can play by any rules but what the Wishfisher wants..."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:22:08 am by Dwarmin »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2014, 02:26:56 pm »

Koios looks around in wonder before he sees the six bodies that are stuck to the trees. Immediately, his thoughts place him and the group within the place of the impaled bodies. He shakes his head to try and clear that thought out of his mind.

"Are.. are those our.. predecessors?"
That did not help to soothe his mind at all. Oh well. At the very least, he would be knowing now what he had gotten into.

"Anybody notice anything special? Maybe something about the air or the ground? I'll try and see if I can figure something out.."

Move cautiously around the area immediately around our group. Try to smell anything peculiar in the air, or look for anything out of the ordinary in/on the ground. Maybe I can find something pertinent to this place that doesn't exist in reality.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2014, 06:03:36 am »

Snowy balked in place, steadying herself as she brought her shirt over her nose--though that did little but make it apparent that she felt something wrong.

"Get out! We have to get out!"

Given her leaning in place, she turned to move before looking back at the rest, reminded that they didn't share the same sense as she did.

"Rot! Death! Disease! I don't smell the bodies--we must move from here! It's becoming unbearably bad and I-"

A piece of comprehension seemed to fit an idea she had. The scent of sweetness mixed with the taint...

"Stay away from the trees."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:39:15 am by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2014, 07:12:25 am »

Tedrikk's eyes flickered nervously. 'It would be... prudent to keep distance, yes, yes?'

He looked down at Snowy. So small and nervous, in a place as dangerous as this. He made to follow the archer.

Stick with Snowy, act as a meat wall if we are attacked.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8