Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 3 (Last Updated: 11/12/14)  (Read 11341 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 1 (Last Updated: 10/25/14)
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2014, 07:24:07 am »

"Odd, these trees remind me of the trees of my home. Hmm."

Try to recall the specifics of Onyx trees and see what the differences are between Onyx trees and these. Don't touch them and keep a respectable distance, just to be sure.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2014, 07:29:42 am »

"It doesn't feel right if these trees were like that. They feel like traps...or maybe something is in the bodies, like a liquid that evaporates that makes the smell? Then that means something worse happened and something impaled them there!"

Snowy trembled as she nocked an arrow.

"I...think we should stay together in our searches."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2014, 09:21:41 am »

"Huh, awuh? Tree's usually aren't dangerous, unless they fall on you..."

Action Changed: Explore with Koios!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2014, 09:26:00 am »

"Stand fast, dear mouseling. Plants that make such a smell aren't evil by definition. It's usually just a way for them to get food. Luckily for us, we are not mindless animals. Just keep away from the tree and nothing bad can happen.

Unless, of course, this is some kind of magic. But that opens up a whole lot of other possibilities."

He shrugs

"No way to know until we examine it a bit closer."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2014, 10:45:06 am »

Upon Varrus' words, Snowy considered that option and retreated to her earlier hypothesis--on why there were even bodies in a female's dream on spikes of plantlife and leafless bearing trees.

The flower atop Varrus' head also gave mention, and the little mouseling pouted to her right, lowering her bow.

"I think you just saved me an arrow. Mmhh. I still think we should get out of here--or at least, I-...well, let's just look around more but decide quickly. The smell is really intoxicating. It's like one of those pitcher plants in the deep jungles. Smells deathly awful, yet sweetly nice."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2014, 10:56:07 am »

"Huh, what's a Pitching Plant?" Mynce asked obliviously. "Does it throw things at you?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2014, 11:05:56 am »

Koios looked around nervously as he walked cautiously forward. "This feels.. like a warning. Someone wanted to make an example here.

We should move North, but stay together, I think. Separating would be a really bad idea right now, especially with dead bodies so early on."

Koios was slightly unnerved by the appearance of corpses, but it was nothing that he hadn't seen before. Okay, maybe he hadn't seen this many bodies at once before, but it wasn't like he was new to death. It was a concept that he had already grasped firmly, and it was great that he already knew about this beforehand, lest he coward out of the mission so soon.

Continue northward.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:56:26 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2014, 08:46:07 am »

"Huh, what's a Pitching Plant?" Mynce asked obliviously. "Does it throw things at you?"
Snowy pursed her lips at the idea and chuckled after a bit, relaxing her bow.

"No, I said 'Pitcher plant'! It's like an ewer but more vase-like in shape. Carnivorous plantlife. Eats insects, especially the carrion. The smell attracts them. Sweet, yet rotten."

She looked at the bodies and grimaced. "Whatever is which, this dream world already scares me."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2014, 09:00:26 am »

Mynce was about ask what an "Ewer" was, but thought better of it.

"Humm, on the river there is are plants hiding under the water, we call them Whirlpool Flowers. They are nearly invisible, but if you swim close to one..."

Mynce makes a small clapping motion close to Snowy's nose.

"*Sloop*! They suck you up! I suppose they're related..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2014, 06:27:02 pm »

Orient smell to the north--scent?

"I believe the best way is north. We're in a dream world, and there are walls. If there are walls in one's dream, it is meant for protection."

She tapped her boot on the ground. "Though from what, is unsure. At least, it can't fly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2014, 04:43:51 am »

Tedrikk's tail swiveled in agitation. 'North is where we are wanted to go. North maybe trap, path to slaughter? But dream is treacherous, dangerous. North is not worse than south, west, east, no...'

Go north with the others
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2014, 05:41:26 am »

"Yeh, we shouldn't stand around..."

After listening to what his comrades said, Burm reluctantly follows the others Northwards. In the end, maybe it was better to walk into a trap than stand still in the middle of one?
Love, scriver~

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2014, 07:24:23 pm »

First: The Beginning | Previous: The Clearing | Current: The Gate | Next: The Creature

The Gate

Koios looks around in wonder before he sees the six bodies that are stuck to the trees. Immediately, his thoughts place him and the group within the place of the impaled bodies. He shakes his head to try and clear that thought out of his mind.

"Are.. are those our.. predecessors?"
That did not help to soothe his mind at all. Oh well. At the very least, he would be knowing now what he had gotten into.

"Anybody notice anything special? Maybe something about the air or the ground? I'll try and see if I can figure something out.."

Move cautiously around the area immediately around our group. Try to smell anything peculiar in the air, or look for anything out of the ordinary in/on the ground. Maybe I can find something pertinent to this place that doesn't exist in reality.
"Huh, awuh? Tree's usually aren't dangerous, unless they fall on you..."

Action Changed: Explore with Koios!
[2 | 5 (aid) = 5] - You both move about the area around the clearing, trying to notice anything odd about the scenario around the group. Besides the bodies, there’s nothing really all that noticeable here. Even the bodies weren’t all that out of the ordinary. It looked like a few Canides or something similar anyway.

Koios seems to get lost in thought about the movement between worlds, which hadn’t been as impressive as he had thought it would be. If anything, it felt similar to walking, except he hadn’t moved.

Mynce, on the other hand, looks closely at the ground, noticing a few odd footprints. They seemed to be Canide footprints, but they weren’t Koios’. No, they were much, much bigger than Koios’. Mynce’s nose, which is still impressive from his days of tracking, detects a smell from the direction of the bodies. Mynce suddenly feels an overwhelming urge to get as far away from the bodies as fast as he can.

"Odd, these trees remind me of the trees of my home. Hmm."

Try to recall the specifics of Onyx trees and see what the differences are between Onyx trees and these. Don't touch them and keep a respectable distance, just to be sure.
[5] - You look carefully at the blue onyx trees, trying to discern the difference between these and regular onyx trees. Actually, you suddenly realize, these are very UNLIKE onyx trees. Sure, they’re the same shape as an onyx tree should be, but the leaf structure is all wrong. The bark isn’t supposed to be that rough, either. Onyx tree bark is rather smooth with something akin to corners, but this tree is more of a combination of several types of trees. The pine cones are a dead giveaway, too. You’re actually a little embarrassed that you thought it was an onyx tree at all.

These blue trees don’t seem all that dangerous, though. They are odd - No one can debate that - but hardly dangerous. The flower on top of your head gives off a cold feeling.

You can feel something else from the forest that IS dangerous though. Something from the direction of the bodies.

Orient smell to the north--scent?

"I believe the best way is north. We're in a dream world, and there are walls. If there are walls in one's dream, it is meant for protection."

She tapped her boot on the ground. "Though from what, is unsure. At least, it can't fly."
[1] - You try to smell to the north, but all you can smell is that horrible smell. You double over and vomit, unable to stand it. The smell is just overpowering, and even breathing through your mouth isn’t enough to block it out. You’re slightly disoriented, but you wipe your mouth and stagger back to your feet, getting a helping hand from Tedrikk.

Tedrikk's tail swiveled in agitation. 'North is where we are wanted to go. North maybe trap, path to slaughter? But dream is treacherous, dangerous. North is not worse than south, west, east, no...'

Go north with the others
[Auto Success] - You head north, stopping to help a prone Snowy to her feet, before the three of you head north.

"Yeh, we shouldn't stand around..."

After listening to what his comrades said, Burm reluctantly follows the others Northwards. In the end, maybe it was better to walk into a trap than stand still in the middle of one?
[Auto Success] - You head north with Tedrikk and Snowy.

As Burm, Snowy, and Tedrikk walk north out of the clearing, following the road to that connects to another path. The path to the right, the east, connects to a large stone wall with a huge wooden door that the path presumably continues through. The wall itself continues northward for as far as the eye can see before another forest engulfs it. To the right, the path continues westward for a while, curving out of sight behind some trees southwestward. As the walk toward the T in the path, they suddenly hear two voices.

“Halt! Identify yourselves!”
“Yeah! Identify yourselves!”

The three of them turn to see two… odd beings dressed in armor standing outside the gate. The beings are very large, larger even than Tedrikk, with coarse fur where they could see it. They are holding long spears pointed toward the three, taking an offensive stance.

One of the guards lowers his spear and turns to the other before saying, “Why ya always gotta copy me?”

The other guard turns to the other. “You’re better with words than I am!”

“Oh.” The guard turns back towards the group. “Who are you three? Are you from Mare?”

Spoiler: DarkArtemisFowl, Koios (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pancaek, Varrus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin, “Snowy” (click to show/hide)

NPCs:
Spoiler: Flower Spirit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:36:34 pm by webadict »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 2 (Last Updated: 11/2/14)
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2014, 09:59:07 pm »

Snowy muttered a Thank You for Tedrikk's hand, and made sure to clear her nausea before taking more steps in this world. She felt embarrassed for throwing up in someone else's dream...and that it was still relatively permanent as she glanced back to the unsightly debris.

Even for someone with her experiences, she always -thoroughly disliked- being in such situations. Hopefully nobody else noticed and held that against her.

"Should've shot those trees. Nothing right with them. Worth an arrow." she continues muttering, placing her arrow back in her quiver after pondering fletching some more in the future.

Now in another area, she taps Tedrikk by the hand and leaned towards him to whisper inconspicuously.

"Where'd the other three go? And where is this Mare they're talking about?"

Examine the creatures in front of me; use any helpful sense if able.
Editing for later interaction.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 2 (Last Updated: 11/2/14)
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2014, 01:11:20 pm »

"My nose never lies! Let's get out of here, Koios...I think these might be some sort of Wolf tracks...a very big Wolf..."

Mynce scurries away after the rest of the group, assuming Koios follows him-otherwise, he'd be brave enough to stay.

Action: Go join up with the rest of the group, OR stay with Koios if he wants to explore some more.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8