Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 3 (Last Updated: 11/12/14)  (Read 11292 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Moissonic Tales
The Dream Saga

First: The Beginning | Previous: --- | Current: The Beginning | Next: The Camp | Last: The Gate

The Beginning

Not much is known about what happened to humans. As far as anyone can tell, they simply stopped existing. There are skeletal remains of humans in the world, but for the most part, humans simply disappeared. For some people, it doesn't matter, and for others, it's something that needs answers to.

After the disappearance, many of the remaining animals gained greater sentience. The Mouselings were the first race to grow strong. Many more races followed, but Mouselings harnessed magical energy quickly and efficiently. It was almost scary how fast they worked. And as the great wizard city of Dia stood proud in the north of Moisson, all the Mouselings watched as the Magic War destroyed the city, obliterated most of the northern continent, and left a magical irradiated ruin known as the Wasteland. Those that hadn't fled were irradiated and mutated, which many consider as a just punishment.

That wasn’t too long ago, you always think. A mere couple of centuries, and people are still wary about magic. Sure, some still try to study it, but it exists more as a taboo than as an actual practice, which unfortunately results more in parlor tricks rather than true magic. Those with the advanced knowledge keep it hidden and secret, so as not to cause another Magic War or worse.

Overall, life in Moisson had been fairly peaceful recently. There were occasional uprisings and battles, but in the grand scheme of the world, it was quiet. You heard about all the great adventures of old, and you wished it to be you. But quiet makes for terrible adventures.

So when rumors spread of a Lionfellow looking for adventurers (who aren’t ALWAYS liars, you had to convince yourself), you set about your way to edge of the Tourmaline Mountains to find him. The journey, long or short, wasn’t too bad. There are tents and camps set up close to where the rumors said to go, and you ask whoever looks like they were in charge if this was the right destination.

The Lionfellow’s graying hair and crooked back tell you about as much as his murky eyes that this adventure might not be nearly what you thought it was. Your mind instantly starts backpedaling until you hear his voice, surprisingly stronger and younger than the rest of him, and his eyes gained a sudden sheen to them that flooded its way into his words.

“I am Felix, and I want you to help save my sister.” His voice echos inside your head as if his words are being said by multiple people at once.

There had been promises of gold, of treasure, and even of power. Honestly, you weren't even sure if the trip would even amount to anything close to that, let alone an adventure. But, whichever it was that called to you, you could tell that he had a way to give you it, and that even if he didn’t, that there was something extraordinary that you had to be a part of.

You accept.

Welcome to Moissonic Tales, a mostly serious RtD adventure for you and narrative practice for me. I have attached, as my collateral to prove I wish to continue this game for as long as possible, a long list of information on Moisson and Terra. If you choose not to read any of this, I don’t blame you, and you can likely skip straight to the character creation after a brief skimming and go from there.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races of Moisson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic in Terra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods of Moisson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Places in Moisson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:34:02 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 10:07:24 pm »

Current Player List:
Spoiler: DarkArtemisFowl, Koios (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pancaek, Varrus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin, “Snowy” (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:
Spoiler: blazing glory, Dysis (click to show/hide)

Waitlist Waitlist:
Lenglon
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:33:51 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 10:10:23 pm »

Dead Players:
None So Far...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 02:04:15 am »

Woohoo Web! You finally posted it :D

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:34:40 am by Tiruin »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 02:48:27 am »

Spoiler: Koios (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:50:36 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 05:45:39 am »

Working on it. Ready. Some minor corrections might be still applied.

Spoiler: Keshan the Hollow (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:25:50 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 06:09:05 am »

Spoiler: Fig Wig the Mad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:57:27 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

blazing glory

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 08:23:28 am »

Neat, I've been looking for a RtD like this for a while since all the other's I was playing in stopped updating.

I'll start working on the sheet.

Done.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:15:41 pm by blazing glory »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 09:07:41 am »

Spoiler: Tedrikk (click to show/hide)

Ah, so many race options to play around with. I just might wipe this clean and make a character from a different race only moments before this starts. Well. Maybe not.

EDIT: Hah, I appear to be Sarrak's opposite, pretty much.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:40:23 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 09:16:07 am »

PTW. Looks interesting.
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 09:34:36 am »

Ah, I also should have listed that you are allowed an item or two, if you need them. Perhaps a weapon or maybe a keepsake that you can't travel without? Or maybe all you have are the clothes (if that) on your back?

Anyhow, I won't start this for some time. I do not follow first come, first serve, so take your time to make a character you like. I will likely take six or seven characters.

Oh, and ages are closer to humans than their respective animals. I probably should've mentioned that somewhere...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 09:44:19 am »

Spoiler: Dissolute Danni (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 10:10:10 am »

Spoiler: Burmy-Boy (click to show/hide)

I have to finish the rest later, I have to pause and make dinner now (I'm as hungry as a BEAR HURR HURR HURR)
Finished now!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 02:19:31 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 09:23:00 am »

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:19:48 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 09:23:59 am »

Yay, mouseling buddies! :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8