Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Migrants  (Read 689 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Migrants
« on: November 01, 2014, 09:10:16 am »

why are migrants so incompetent, are player forts the only ones with actually legendary dwarfes. I'm not saying migrants should be legendary at least not until your a metropolis, but can't we have some more randomnization in how skilled migrants. So you could get really unskilled ones and extremely skilled ones

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migrants
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 09:44:49 am »

I've received migrants with high skills in the past, although I don't remember receiving any legendary dwarves (I've only seen a few "Grand master"-level skills). It could depend on your world's age - how old is your world?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 11:07:17 am »

I've received migrants with high skills in the past, although I don't remember receiving any legendary dwarves (I've only seen a few "Grand master"-level skills). It could depend on your world's age - how old is your world?
Somehow, the high-skill immigrants have a tendency to be cheesemakers, fish dissectors and strand extractors.

Once in a while, however, you'll get an immigrant who is highly skilled in multiple useful areas.  This person is likely to become your mayor before long.  Shortly before, or shortly after, you'll start finding dead Dwarves drained of their blood...
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 03:58:57 pm »

Yeh I like to have very early aged worlds like aged 5

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 04:06:36 pm »

My 8400 year old world (THAT TOOK FOREVER!!!) about a third of the migrants come professional, and a ninth come master or grand master in something. I have five legendary armour smiths and three weapon smiths, one leatherworker, a pair of bowyers, and a black smith constantly pumping stuff out for my military, and overall, dozens of crafters. Eight fey or secretive moods helped a bit. But in severely old worlds, tons of people have skills.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.