Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50514 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #510 on: September 05, 2014, 02:29:52 am »

Thanks a lot for an interesting game, Tarran! Mutations and random events were pretty awesome, although combat on forums flows really slow.

As for a proper ending... I find it unprobable that anyone would survive. Getting a full set of stealth-based mutations (and saving it for a long time) is impossible and fighting to the surface is just suicidal. Perhaps, our characters could wait until mutant would expire, but then they would die from horrible mind-changing mutations. So, in my case, I vote for a close death. Alexander von Viggt slipped on banana peel while leaving this level and broke his neck, falling down the stairs. Quite a sad fate for a brilliant - although heavily mutated - scientist.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

blazing glory

« Reply #511 on: September 05, 2014, 06:00:42 am »

Pity,I was enjoying this.

Sadly,Starn's lower spine doesn't mutate fast enough to adapt to the added weight from heads and such and it snaps,leaving him to the mercy of the insane residents of the building,once he ran out of ammo of course.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 06:03:36 am by blazing glory »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 05, 2014, 06:54:24 am »

Darn.
I really think Erin could have made it out too...
Still, since she wasn't regenerating, and was getting hurt from each mutation, she probably wore herself down over time and ended up bleeding out.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 10, 2014, 01:32:12 pm »

(Meaningful necro)

I am reviving this game, and porting it to IwakuRoleplay. If you'd like to continue this game, that is where it will be. I will be removing die rolls, so writing your actions in detail over dice will be the one major difference. I will set up copy-pastes when i can, but for now, hope you enjoy:)

Edit: The site has it's own die roll system, so die are still in.

Here you go

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/vanaard-corps-mistakes.87695/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:15:44 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

blazing glory

« Reply #514 on: December 10, 2014, 04:27:06 pm »

(Meaningful necro)

I am reviving this game, and porting it to IwakuRoleplay. If you'd like to continue this game, that is where it will be. I will be removing die rolls, so writing your actions in detail over dice will be the one major difference. I will set up copy-pastes when i can, but for now, hope you enjoy:)

Edit: The site has it's own die roll system, so die are still in.

Here you go

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/vanaard-corps-mistakes.87695/

Why are you dumping it over there?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 10, 2014, 04:28:49 pm »

U ninja shilling another RP website m8?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

blazing glory

« Reply #516 on: December 10, 2014, 04:30:27 pm »

U ninja shilling another RP website m8?

Yes, I hate making new accounts and I find Bay12 is fine.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 10, 2014, 05:51:46 pm »

I just remembered this RP, and I liked the idea of this, but I just wanted to find another site to play on because I was bored at the time. Anyways, I'll just set up a game over here, if that's cool. What's ninja shilling?
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 10, 2014, 06:04:09 pm »

You know, it's kind of rude to go "Hey I'm just going to continue your stuff in the same name k?" without first at least asking. Not that I would have refused even in the worst of moods, but it's the act of at least showing a little bit of respect for what I might want that matters.

You also did not ever ask me for my files on the RTD, which regardless of how much information is in them is probably better than doing improv with only what is posted on this thread.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 10, 2014, 07:10:58 pm »

You know, it's kind of rude to go "Hey I'm just going to continue your stuff in the same name k?" without first at least asking. Not that I would have refused even in the worst of moods, but it's the act of at least showing a little bit of respect for what I might want that matters.

You also did not ever ask me for my files on the RTD, which regardless of how much information is in them is probably better than doing improv with only what is posted on this thread.
this right here is why I'm not all that interested.
if Salsa had Tarran's permission/support, that'd be something quite different.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 10, 2014, 07:26:53 pm »

I apologize for that. It's been dead for a few months, so I assumed it would be okay if I used it. Sorry, I'll go ahead and take it down
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 10, 2014, 07:48:07 pm »

You are actually okay to use it, actually, that's not the problem at all. You just failed to ask. It's like copying someone's unfinished painting without even mentioning, then coming back the next day and saying "Hey, I'm going to copy your painting I found in the basement and use the same name. Creds to you." That kind of behavior might be acceptable if this RTD was a collaboration of various people or if I'm expecting it, but in this case neither was true. I neither worked with others to make this, so it was solely my thing, and I was neither expecting it, because nobody mentioned anything. In the case that neither is true, at the very least I would prefer someone to ask, even if I'm probably going to allow it anyway. Not asking just slights me in the most minor but annoying kind of ways.

Though I would greatly prefer you use a different name, using the exact same name implies a link between the games beyond inspiration and rules, which I'm not sure you plan on linking and I'm not really too okay with. Also, I skimmed over the rules and they seem like an exact copy (correct me if I'm wrong). Instead, you'll probably want to look over the rules and rewrite them at least partially to fit your personality, just in case, because I doubt we have the exact same personality. What may seem witty or harsh, or maybe even just the style of writing from me might seem out of character for you, for example.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:49:38 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 10, 2014, 09:53:48 pm »

Ok, thank you. Still, I am not in a position to GM right now, and I wouldn't be the best GM of this anyway, so I'm going to go ahead and not do this.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:57:47 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]