Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat  (Read 18250 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2014, 07:34:43 pm »

Hack the hooks at his throat.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2014, 03:10:38 am »

Get up and focus on avoiding a incoming blow.
You push yourself off the ground and take a defensive posture, preparing to dodge if Dŕshān strikes at you.

Throw a knife at his leg.
[Fit:6] You throw with the might of a thousand bulls and hit his right leg in the thigh, the blade penetrating deep into the leg and severing several muscles! Dŕshān howls in pain and falls to the ground, unable to balance himself.

use Zian's sacrifice to the full extent! Stab the giant in the heart, and drag the blade upwards.
((I assume you mean Zhou, as Zian is still fine.)) [Fit:6+1] You leap onto the fallen giant, stabbing with furious force into his heart - ribcage and leather harness be damned, you sink the blade deep and you can feel it hit the ground on the other side. Dŕshān stops moving.

Hack the hooks at his throat.
You would, but it's difficult with you being unconscious and all.

"You know, great political or social standing, I'm willing to pay of course, but if you lie then just remember I'm entitled to come back and kill you."
"Well, the governor would fit both of those requirements. As would the captain of the guards. You can usually find them both in the town hall. "

Do not look complicit in any threats of murder.
You do your best, but you're unsure if your message of peace gets across.

blazing glory

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2014, 03:29:41 am »

Check to see that the giant is truly dead, get Zhou awake afterwards.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2014, 08:46:12 pm »

Loot the corpse for any info on my clan. A few coins ain't too bad, either.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 10:04:12 am by Nidilap »
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2014, 10:39:46 pm »

Gain consciousness.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2014, 04:05:09 am »

Follow. Twirl pole uncertainly while keeping it in a strictly vertical orientation until we reach the tavern, at which point a horizontal orientation is to be adopted.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2014, 03:44:10 pm »

"That was Grand Mountain, a Hēi Lián lieutenant. He has a bounty, I think I have the wanted poster here."

Pull out and flourish the wanted poster before seeing if my fallen ally needs first aid.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2014, 04:23:39 pm »

"That was Grand Mountain, a Hēi Lián lieutenant. He has a bounty, I think I have the wanted poster here."

Pull out and flourish the wanted poster before seeing if my fallen ally needs first aid.

Not so great now. What's the chance of retaliation from his gang?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2014, 05:12:58 pm »

"Uhh .. We just killed two of their guys and broke in here, so probably yes?"

blazing glory

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2014, 06:56:33 pm »

"I'm reasonably sure they don't know who we are though."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2014, 07:40:51 pm »

"No, but we can't just sneak him into a .. uh, bounty collections place, and think the gang won't notice."

blazing glory

« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2014, 09:00:51 pm »

"We could wear face concealing masks, I doubt they would risk a fight at or near the bounty office."
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:03:55 pm by blazing glory »

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2014, 03:45:43 pm »

Actually, this could work in our favor...

Cut the Hua Clan's symbol onto the chest of the carcass. This'll get some bad blood rising against my ex family.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2014, 09:03:43 am »

Check to see that the giant is truly dead, get Zhou awake afterwards.
You walk up to the downed giant and [Wit:4]check for a pulse. You find none and he doesn't seem to be breathing either.. Yeah, pretty dead. Zhou is pretty out of it but with a little help and gentle faceslapping he wakes up.

Loot the corpse for any info on my clan. A few coins ain't too bad, either.
You check the pouches on his harness and find a few coins and some pebbles.

Gain consciousness.
GOTTA DODGE THA-- Yeah, you probably missed that dodge. Your head hurts something fierce and your jaw feels even worse.

You unroll the poster and show it to the rest of the gang. 1000 Wen, that's a pretty hefty sum. Zian is tending to Zhou who has now started to wake up.

Actually, this could work in our favor...

Cut the Hua Clan's symbol onto the chest of the carcass.

You crudely carve a in the chest of the Grand Mountain.

"Thank you, I'll keep you in mind if I need anything else to purchase."

Slip him some cash and head for the nearest tavern.
You give him your last coins (2 wen) and head across the marketplace where there is a rundown boozeshack some people might call a tavern.

Follow. Twirl pole uncertainly while keeping it in a strictly vertical orientation until we reach the tavern, at which point a horizontal orientation is to be adopted.
You do as such.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2014, 07:25:45 pm »

Now we depart.

Just realized I didn't actually make a command. Exit with the documents
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:32:01 pm by Nidilap »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11