Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat  (Read 18165 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 08:44:20 pm »

Hey! I'm not included.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 11:47:43 am »

Player list format now standardized. Missing stats for Nidilap was interpolated from the incomplete data set.

No more player signups for now.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:48:21 am by Pobiega »

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 03:48:30 am »

Act 1: A new beginning?

Time passes slowly when you're waiting. The gang assembled a few days ago and have been laying low at "The Smiling Crane", tavern ordinaire. The beds are little more than bamboo benches but the homebrewed baijiu is suprisingly tasty (and cheap). The gang is gathered on an outside table, discussing the current situation when a man runs up to you, panting heavily and quickly bowing before Tai.

"Lady Dragonfly, I.. *long breath* … You were right, there was.. *more breathing* .. A hidden entrance. It's behind the weaver's shop, the sewer entrance.. It's fake. It leads to their hideout. I staked it out for a few days, saw them come and go several times. It must be. But this is it, we're even now. No more favors, you hear? We're done."

The man turns around and leaves the way he came.

blazing glory

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 05:31:46 am »

"Interesting, though I doubt the trustworthiness of this man of yours, I advise we observe the entrance, not for several days of course, 1 and a half at most, all we'll need is to observe the entrance to see if people are going in, no one would go inside the sewers for any other reason."

Leave and stake out the entrance.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 10:09:30 am »

Whilst enjoying some baijiu, ask around about the Hua Clan
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 02:51:32 pm »

"I will watch the main entrance while you figure out how trustworthy the informant is."

Stake out the main entrance and gather intel. Notably, I want to know roughly how many use the hideout, how many sleep there, how many use it in general, what supplies they're bringing in, and how cautious they are.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 04:11:06 pm »

Grab Twin Hooks, which are stored in a convenient location nearby.

"Who exactly are we facing?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 02:37:40 am »

Leave and stake out the entrance.
[Fit:1+1] You stake out the entrance but clumsily manage to bump into the marketstall you were hiding behind. The thugs just about to enter the hideout noticed you staring at them.

Whilst enjoying some baijiu, ask around about the Hua Clan
[Cha:5-1] You lounge around the sparsly populated tavern, enjoying your baijiu and casually asking questions about the Hua clan.

"The Hua clan? Isn't that the family who lost their patriarch in that tragic affair a few years back? Last I heard they all moved to Nantong to set up business there." says the innkeeper. Noone else seems to know about them or want to talk to you.

Wonder who the hideout belongs to.
[Wit:5+1] The hideout must belong to the hēi lián, "The Black Lotus", the crime syndicate who kicked you out of Suzhou a while back. The man who delivered the information must be a henchman of one of your former associates in Haimen, the man known as Yīng jūn, "The Great Eagle".

Stake out the main entrance and gather intel. Notably, I want to know roughly how many use the hideout, how many sleep there, how many use it in general, what supplies they're bringing in, and how cautious they are.
[Fit:4] You arrive at the stakeout just as Ko attracts the attention of the comming thugs. They havn't noticed you yet.

Grab Twin Hooks, which are stored in a convenient location nearby.

"Who exactly are we facing?"
[No roll] You grab your hooks.

"The Black Lotus crime syndicate..."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:52:33 am by Pobiega »

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 03:20:38 am »

Approach the bartender and kindly buy everyone drinks, then ask them what business the Hua clan did and what the "Affair" that set them back was.
[Cha:3] You spend some of the coins in your already feather light coinpouch to buy the locals some baijiu in hopes to loosen their tongues.
You are now very poor and can only afford food and rent for a few more days.

"Look, everyone knows the Hua family was involved in some shady deals, but I don't know any details. But thanks for the booze!"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:34:47 am by Pobiega »

blazing glory

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 04:32:56 am »

Wait to see what they do.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 04:40:08 am »

Wait to see what they do.
The three thugs approach menacingly, one of them cracking his knuckles while talking to you.

"Hey, what are you staring at, old man? Don't you know it's rude to interfere with others business?"

[Fit:4+1 vs Wit:2] You successfully keep your claws hidden from their prying eyes.

blazing glory

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 04:44:16 am »

"Ah, but you see, this is my business as well, tell me, what would 3 such individual's such as yourselves be doing around here?"

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 07:55:27 am »

"When this is over, we set off for Nantong"

Sneak near the old man, make sure the three men don't do anything they'd regret
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:13:11 am by Nidilap »

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 09:03:01 am »

"Ah, but you see, this is my business as well, tell me, what would 3 such individual's such as yourselves be doing around here?"
[Cha:2 vs Com:4] "And you expect me to believe your prying eyes or questions belong here? I think it's time to teach this 'old man' a lesson!"
The thugs move in to attack, two seemingly unarmed and one with a wooden bat.

Sneak near the old man, make sure the three men don't do anything they'd regret
You set off towards the back alley behind the weavers shop. Who knows what will be there when you arrive.

GM NOTICE
The back alley scene is currently paused until Nirur Torir has a chance to act or I get bored at work tomorrow, whatever happens first. Nidilap will arrive after one "turn" of events.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 09:17:18 am »

"I have forgotten something," deduces Jie. Obviously, the answer is to act.

Stand my pole upright, then climb it with the grace of an adept pole climber to take a look around. Go outside beforehand if not already outside. Try to find whoever it was I'm working for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11