Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat  (Read 18159 times)

blazing glory

Re: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 09:22:11 am »

Stab the bat thug in the head and use his bat to shove away the other two.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2014, 09:42:43 am »

"I have forgotten something," deduces Jie. Obviously, the answer is to act.

Stand my pole upright, then climb it with the grace of an adept pole climber to take a look around. Go outside beforehand if not already outside. Try to find whoever it was I'm working for.

[Wit:4] Being a worthless drunk experienced drinker, Jie has listened attentively while helping himself to plenty of baijiu and managed to retain atleast some of the things that were said and done. Here is what he remembers have happened.
  • Tai Zhāng has gotten a message from a ...man... about a hideout belonging to.. well.. erm.. someone?
  • Ko Zian and Wúliáo Cǎo Diŕn went to the hideout. You were drinking.
  • Hua Lee went there too, only moments ago. Before that he was asking questions, but you don't remember about what.
  • Tai Zhāng and Shao Zhou are still at the tavern. Not drinking.

[Fit:6+1] With a mighty yet graceful swing you stand the pole upright and let the momentum of your act propel you upward the stick. With no trouble at all, you balance on one foot atop the 10-foot pole.

You see Hua Lee running towards the city and the fresh air gives you a flash of realization that you are currently self employed.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 09:45:08 am »

Slide down and follow Hua Lee. Do so surreptitiously.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 10:22:07 am »

ready myself for combat; Partially unsheath my Katana.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 11:48:56 am »

GM NOTICE
The back alley scene is currently paused until Nirur Torir has a chance to act or I get bored at work tomorrow, whatever happens first. Nidilap will arrive after one "turn" of events.

This is still in effect. Harry Baldman will arrive very shortly after Nidilap. Your actions are queued until the unpause, so feel free to edit. (Note: I'm european, so its 19:00 here atm).

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 02:47:10 pm »

((Sorry, I expected turns to take place at the same time. If I'm blocking time again, just let someone else on the scene control me.))

Surprise attack the armed thug.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 06:46:22 pm »

Reinforce my allies at the fighting location.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 02:34:47 am »

Surprise attack the armed thug.
[Fit:5] With great stealth and precision, you ready and throw a knife at the bat-wielding thug, hitting him straight in the side of his neck, downing him instantly. One of the remaining thugs charge in your direction.

((I think that it's probably best to refrain from using colours that the players have taken to save us some confusion.))

"Thank you all for your cooperation, but I just have one question, what are the local gangs around here?"
((Agreed. I used "your" colors to indicate that "you" were speaking. I've been using brown and purple for NPCs and would like to continue that so if Nidilap could pick another color, that'd be great))
[Cha:1] "What are you insinuating here?! I am nothing if not an upright citizen! You and your companions better leave and are not welcome back, or I will call for the guardsmen faster then you can regret your wicked ways!"

The innkeeper, previously a calm and friendly man, stares at you with contempt and disgust in his eyes. The soft murmur of talk in the tavern has died down and the mood is tense to say the least.

Stab the bat thug in the head and use his bat to shove away the other two.
[Fit:5+1] You brandish your hidden claws in a blazing flurry of swiftness and stab at the bat-wielding thug only to see him hit by a throwing knife in the neck! You quickly grab the bat and swing it gracefully at the thug still focused on you, hitting him cleanly in the solar plexus and immobilizing him with pain.

SCENE UPDATE: Back alley
One thug bleeding from the neck, seemingly dead. Another downed, gasping for his breath and wincing in pain. With his two allies downed, the remaining thug makes a break for it and jumps over a marketstall, knocking over several cabbages. Just as the turns the corner, he meets a young man unsheathing a katana. Not far behind walks another young man with a 10-foot pole...

blazing glory

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 02:52:51 am »

See if anyone came out of the hideout.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 05:00:27 am »

"A runner! From sounds of violence!"

Horizontal Pole Stance!

Hold the pole by the middle horizontally to bar the escape of this individual in addition to moving to intercept him, at least while I discern his intentions.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 07:23:23 am »

((That's fine, but shouldn't I get a bonus to Charisma rolls?))
Leave the bar behind me and enter the streets of the city.
((I realize I never stated how stats affect rolls but a stat value of 2 is "average human", meaning you don't get a bonus. You get a penalty for having a 1 (below average) instead! Currently you enjoy a +1 to Wit rolls due to your above average smarts.))

You leave the bar and head into to the city.

See if anyone came out of the hideout.
You head over to the entrance. No one has entered or exited the "sewers" since you arrived at the scene, as far as you are aware and can tell.

Hold the pole by the middle horizontally to bar the escape of this individual in addition to moving to intercept him, at least while I discern his intentions.
[10fp:1+1] ((The 10-foot pole roll. Used to decide if a 10 foot pole is suitable or not in a given situation. Here it describes if it can reasonably be turned sideways without hitting anything. +1 from fitness because that seems reasonable here.))
You turn the pole sideways, knocking some shingles off a nearby roof, hitting a passing merchant in the head and getting the pole lodged into a crack in the wall on one side. Nearby people are less than pleased, especially the merchant. Your attempts to block/intercept the thug fails before it even began. Luckily, he still needs to get past Hua Lee.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2014, 07:25:48 am »

A clean, Horizontal slash at the ruffian
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2014, 07:28:49 am »

"Multitudinous apologies! I am a putz, you see."

Damn these narrow streets! Hold the pole as a pike, preparing to keep any running people back by poking rather than barring.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2014, 08:26:57 am »

A clean, Horizontal slash at the ruffian
[Fit:6+1] A clean, horizontal slash would be one way to describe the event. Another way would be to say that the blade barely left the tosogu and returned in a blink, leaving the ruffian with little but a narrow cut... that happened to sever everything cleanly. As "Lucky 7" sheathed his blade, the bandit collapsed in two.

"Multitudinous apologies! I am a putz, you see."

Damn these narrow streets! Hold the pole as a pike, preparing to keep any running people back by poking rather than barring.
[Cha:2-1] Your apologies matter little to the merchant who starts yelling loudly and angrily. In mere seconds two guardsmen come running...

"What is this commotion all about?" - Guardsmen
"This dāiguā was waving his stupid pole around and hit me in the head! I dropped all this outrageously expensive merchandise!" - Merchant
"You there! Reimburse this man immediately or come with us. I highly recommend the first option..."

Luckily, the merchant caused such a ruckus the two guardsmen have yet to notice the now quite messy scene only a short distance away... for how long this lasts, no one knows.

Reinforce my allies at the fighting location.
Leave the bar behind me and enter the streets of the city.
Angry shouting turns your head towards a scene where you see Yuan Jie being cornered by two guardsmen and an angry merchant yelling profanities.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:03:33 am by Pobiega »

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2014, 10:19:42 am »

Sneakily cut holes in whatever bags the annoying merchant is carrying to cause a few spills. Perfect distraction.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11