Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat  (Read 17990 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2014, 01:26:16 pm »

Point at scene of hideous violence.

"By the gods! Someone's been murdered!"

Run away in the opposite direction from the hideous violence if they're distracted. Run away even if they're not, actually.

Loka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2014, 01:52:48 pm »

This thread literally is swearing at readers. Gǔn actually means "fuck off" in Chinese. Fights start over saying 滚 to a person.

Zhi (掷) is used for rolling dice. Zhi shaizi. (掷色子)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2014, 02:27:22 pm »

Jump onto a guard, slice at him with both blades.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2014, 02:29:02 pm »

Run away in the opposite direction from the hideous violence if they're distracted. Run away even if they're not, actually.
((I was going to abduct the living guy for information. Now I cannot.))

Casually blend into the crowd to escape.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2014, 02:34:35 pm »

((I was going to abduct the living guy for information. Now I cannot.))

((You mean the living guy who got cut in half moments ago?))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2014, 03:34:12 pm »

No, the other guy.
SCENE UPDATE: Back alley
One thug bleeding from the neck, seemingly dead. Another downed, gasping for his breath and wincing in pain. With his two allies downed, the remaining thug makes a break for it and jumps over a marketstall, knocking over several cabbages. Just as the turns the corner, he meets a young man unsheathing a katana. Not far behind walks another young man with a 10-foot pole...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2014, 04:20:08 pm »

No, the other guy.

((Well, that's in the back alley, so you still have an avenue of escape, since there's no less than three distractions at work in the street outside of it.))

blazing glory

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2014, 05:09:48 pm »

This thread literally is swearing at readers. Gǔn actually means "fuck off" in Chinese. Fights start over saying 滚 to a person.

((Well Google translate says it's Roll to punch people, and I doubt anyone really cares.))

Grab one of the corpses and throw it into the hideout.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 01:34:21 am »

((As you've noticed, I don't speak chinese. Gǔn chōng rén was, according to google translate (I know it's not accurate), "roll to punch people". If you're bothered by my butchering of the chinese language, you are more than welcome to post the correct phrases and I'll update it :) My limited chinese allows me to say ni hao and know that a "cow's cunt" is like the dog's bollocks, aka good shit.))

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2014, 01:56:44 am »

Sneakily cut holes in whatever bags the annoying merchant is carrying to cause a few spills. Perfect distraction.
[Fit:3+1] You sneak up to the shouting merchant and try cutting holes in his bag. Unfortunately, you spent most of your grace doing that perfect slice moments before and manage to instead cut the shoulderstrap of the bag. The bag hits the ground with a crash and you hastily blend with the crowd.

[NPC Com:2] The guards both run over to the split man. You [Fit:4+1] get away to a safe distance before they even notice you've left.

Head to the shadier parts of the city.
[Wit:4+1] You navigate the city, heading towards what seems to be the shadier district. You find yourself in a slum a few minutes walk away from the now infamous weaver's shop.

Jump onto a guard, slice at him with both blades.
You push through the crowd until you reach the bloody scene. One guard is kneeling down, examining the corpse. The other is keeping the gathering crowd at bay.
[ComSense:6-1] Are you really sure?

((As far as I can follow, you are still in the back alley, meaning there is only one corpse, the guy who got hit by the throwing knife. The other guy is just incapacitated. Do you mean that corpse?))

blazing glory

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2014, 02:02:28 am »

Either really.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2014, 05:32:07 am »

Seek those other people I was drinking with. They seemed preoccupied with something.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2014, 08:29:52 am »

Time to head to that hideout. Sneak into the hideout and see what's going on in there.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2014, 06:06:38 pm »

...Don't do that. Locate other teammates instead.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2014, 07:11:02 am »

You grab the dead guy and drag him over to the sewer grate. [Fit:2+1] The grate is heavy and you only manage to slide it slightly, not enough to fit the corpse in there. However...

Ignore the shop for the moment and visit someone that owes me money if anyone comes to mind.
You don't know very many people in Haimen, but Yīng jūn was your main man here. Perhaps he can be of use?

Seek those other people I was drinking with. They seemed preoccupied with something.
You remember seeing both Hua Lee and Shao Zhou at the scene. Where exactly they went, you don't know.. [Wit:4] Perhaps you can disguise yourself and sneak back there and see if you can find them. The pole might give you away thou..

Time to head to that hideout. Sneak into the hideout and see what's going on in there.
You sneak back into the back alley and locate the sewer grate. Not very hard, as you see Zian trying to get it open. [Fit:4+1] The grate is heavy and not at all as easy to remove as you expected, but together with Zian you manage without too much noise.

He then pushes the corpse in there, slightly ruining your plan of sneaking in.

...Don't do that. Locate other teammates instead.
You spot Lee heading into the back alley and follow him. You see Zian and Lee when you turn the corner, pulling the grate off the sewer entrance, followed by Zian throwing a body down the hole..
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:34:26 am by Pobiega »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11