Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat  (Read 17992 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2014, 03:16:01 pm »

Follow my companions into the sewer so I can keep them from getting themselves killed.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2014, 08:29:48 pm »

Sneak towards the enemy stronghold.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2014, 03:58:16 pm »

As the lemon one said,

Bump
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2014, 03:05:18 am »

Shove my blades through the wood and into the person on the other side.
[Fit:1+1] You ready your claws and shove them into the door with all your might. Unfortunately, you hit it at a weird angle and also managing to hit the metal bands that keep the door together. Not a single blade goes through but instead you manage to bend two of the claws on the right claw! Hey, atleast they didn't get stuck...

Return his bow with one of my own and enter.
Bow and gracefully enter the teahouse, maneuvering through its interior with skill and precision./b]
You enter the teahouse. The modestly lit teahouse smells of several fragrances, all nicer than the other, supplementing the subtle works of art that decorate the walls and hallways. Two more thugs, these better dressed, motion you towards a pair of double doors and slide them open as you pass. Before you is a room with five tables, one at the end of the room and the other four spread out in front of it. A man enjoying a cup of tea and some pastries sits with two what appears to be bodyguards at the end table. The other tables are unoccupied. The man finishes the pastry he was eating and speaks.

"Lady Dragonfly.. I did not expect you see you back here in Haimen for quite some time but of course it's a happy surprise. What brings you and your... companion, to my humble teahouse? Oh, and have some tea!"

He motions for you to sit at his table.

Stab through the door where the sound originates.
[Fit:6+1] With Zian having tried, failed and moved out of the way, you brandish your katana and, with surgical accuracy, stick it into the door at throat-level. The blade goes through flawlessly and without resistance, having hit perfectly a weakspot in the wood. You withdraw the katana and sheath it again, confident that the doorkeeper is no longer a threat or an obstacle.

Follow my companions into the sewer so I can keep them from getting themselves killed.
You join the party of two down by the door.

Sneak towards the enemy stronghold.
You join the party of three down by the door.

blazing glory

« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2014, 04:18:39 am »

Kick open the door.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2014, 09:26:57 am »

Remain silent, yet unintimidating. Have a spot of tea. Jolly good, yes.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2014, 03:28:20 pm »

Prepare to toss a knife at anything that moves after the door goes down.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2014, 05:51:56 pm »

Enter through the door, ready to slash at anything potentially dangerous crossing my path, be it man, arrow, dagger, or bullet.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2014, 06:10:08 pm »

Get into fight stance. Be prepared for anyone who comes to investigate.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2014, 06:14:59 am »

Kick open the door.
[Fit:5+1] With a swift and powerful kick you unhinge the door perfectly, causing it to shatter as it flies into the now exposed room.

It's a moderately sized room, about 50 m2, lit by lamps and containing several tables with papers, weapons (daggers, swords, axes, bows) and a few bottles of baijiu. There are a 5 sleepingrolls scattered in a corner. Oh, and a corpse covered in doorfragments.

Remain silent, yet unintimidating. Have a spot of tea. Jolly good, yes.
It's an unusual flavour, some kind of.. vanilla? Very tasty.

Tai Zhāng takes a seat to the opposite of Yīng.

"I think it best that we go straight down to business, you remember the gang that sabotaged my work? The hēi lián? I need you to distract them for a while, "take care" of their leaders, steal their tools, whatever possible to take their attention away from more pressing matters, such as "The Lady" rising again in power. In exchange I will grant you access to all of their hideouts and places of profit when I deal with them, the territory will surely be of use to you. What do you think?"

Drink some of that tea he offered.
[Cha:3]
Jūn laughs. "I see your defeat in Suzhou has not stiffled your ambition, Lady Dragonfly. Going to war with the Hēi Lián is not entirely what I planned and I fear they are still stronger than I am, even here in Haimen.. Tell me, what forces do you have at your disposal? And more so, what are your plans, for Haimen and in general?"

Prepare to toss a knife at anything that moves after the door goes down.
Enter through the door, ready to slash at anything potentially dangerous crossing my path, be it man, arrow, dagger, or bullet.
Get into fight stance. Be prepared for anyone who comes to investigate.

The three of you enter, prepared to engage whatever threats lie ahead. You're somewhat bummed out by the fact that the only "threat" in the room has already been dealt with.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2014, 06:26:49 am »

Vanilla? How would a commoner such as myself know how something that expensive tastes?

Hm! Shenanigans, mayhap? Or is this actually seasoned with vanilla? Seems a bit suspect, I would say! Oh yes! Analyze the feeling and the taste of this concoction.

blazing glory

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2014, 06:38:48 am »

Examine the sleeping rolls, if there is no one, wait inside in ambush.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2014, 07:29:59 am »

Vanilla? How would a commoner such as myself know how something that expensive tastes?

Hm! Shenanigans, mayhap? Or is this actually seasoned with vanilla? Seems a bit suspect, I would say! Oh yes! Analyze the feeling and the taste of this concoction.
[Wits:5] This must be vanilla. You've never tasted it before, only smelt it, but this is what you imagine what it must taste like. It's everything you ever hoped it would be. +1 to current mood due to amazing tea.

Examine the sleeping rolls, if there is no one, wait inside in ambush.
They are all empty, that much is clear from a purely ocular investigation (they are rolled up). You pick the one that is the least smelly, unroll it and crawl inside. The other members of your party look funnily at you while you do so.

blazing glory

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2014, 07:33:19 am »

((Uh, sorry, I meant inside the room, not a bedroll.))

((Not your fault, I should've been clearer.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2014, 07:34:02 am »

Bask in the glory of my +1 mood. Appear highly mysterious and inscrutable while drinking tea.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11