Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat  (Read 18266 times)

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2014, 07:11:54 am »

((Last GM-post for the weekend as I will be out of town. I'll post next on Monday!))

blazing glory

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2014, 07:37:38 am »

Wait and see what happens.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2014, 08:11:50 am »

Probably a poor idea!

Who else do I know, then? Anybody I would benefit from finding? If so, seek them!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2014, 10:00:17 am »

Hop down into the manhole and begin slicing and dicing any foes I find

Hey, wait a minute. Where in China are we
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:07:20 am by Nidilap »
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2014, 04:05:27 pm »

Look around and see if there are bounties on anyone likely to be in the enemy hideout.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2014, 02:23:44 pm »

See what my teammates plans are for moving forward.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2014, 07:55:12 pm »

What's this? Bump?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2014, 03:32:57 am »

Sorry about the delay - yesterday was a very busy day at work! Also, I'm unable to find any sources on if kerosene was used by the chinese around this time or not, but considering that I'm already taking quite some liberties with other aspects of the time and location, I hope no one is overly bothered by this.

Hey, wait a minute. Where in China are we?
Currently in the city of Haimen, Jiangsu province. Coastal region on the east-most part of modern China.
Map of China with Jiangsu highlighted:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Map of Jiangsu:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wait and see what happens.
You stand back and eagerly await any possible reaction from whatever may lurk down in the fake sewers. Before any such reaction occurs, Lee runs up and jumps down the hole.

Who else do I know, then? Anybody I would benefit from finding? If so, seek them!
Well, there's your female companion Tai Zhāng, who last you saw at the tavern. She could probably use a hand with whatever she's doing. You decide that finding her is your best bet and go look around for her.

Hop down into the manhole and begin slicing and dicing any foes I find
You rush up to the manhole and leap down, stumbling slightly as you land on a corpse. Fortunately it's a short distance to the ground and you find yourself in a poorly lit tunnel, leading only one way into the darkness. It smells of dirt and kerosene and you just barely sense a light at the end of the tunnel. You stealthily move up the tunnel, looking for something to slice but you find only a turn and then a locked door, lit by a hanging kerosene lamp.

Pay Yīng jūn a friendly and hope that he doesn't come at me with a weapon.
Having been to Haimen only a few times before, it takes a while to find a landmark that can help you find the lair of the Great Eagle. You finally find the obelisk-like statue in the slums. Next to it  stands a confused and, when having spotted you, happy young man with a 10-foot pole. Jie runs over to you and greets you. Having an extra body on your side can only be a good thing if Yīng Jūn doesn't remember you as fondly as you remember him... You find your way easily with the help of the landmarks and end up outside an unexpectedly nice looking teahouse with two armed thugs standing outside. You recognize the talon-shaped emblems they wear - the mark of the Eagle.

Look around and see if there are bounties on anyone likely to be in the enemy hideout.
[Wit:5] You remember Tai Zhāng saying the hideout belonged to the Hēi Lián, a criminal syndicate. You head to the local marketplace and find a bountyboard posted by the guardsmen.. Sure enough, you find two wanted posters of alleged members. The bounties are not massive but also more than pocket change. You grab a copy of both and head back towards the entrance.

See what my teammates plans are for moving forward.
You and Zian are outside the entrance, Lee just having leapt down. Diŕn went to the local market and you currently don't have a clear idea of what Zhāng or Jie are doing.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2014, 07:29:14 am »

Knock on the door, pretending to be a scout.

LEMME IN, LEMME IN! THE LADY IS COMING!!!!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2014, 08:04:00 am »

Wait a second. Be ready to test out the usefulness of a ten foot pole in yet another dangerous situation.

blazing glory

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2014, 05:53:30 pm »

Lower myself into the hole.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 02:59:52 am »

Wear a face of displeasure like a mask and start poking the nearest thug in the chest.

"Hey! You! Tell your boss that Lady Dragonfly wants to speak to him!"
[Cha:5] The thug is surprised at first but promptly bows and heads inside. He comes back out after a minute or two.
"Master Yīng will see you now. Please, head inside."
The thug steps to the side and opens the sliding door fully.

Knock on the door, pretending to be a scout.

LEMME IN, LEMME IN! THE LADY IS COMING!!!!
You bang on the door and yell. You hear a faint noise and a tiny hatch in the door slides open.

"Wats de password? No getting inside witout de password."

The man talking sounds like he has some speech impediment.

Wait a second. Be ready to test out the usefulness of a ten foot pole in yet another dangerous situation.
You ready yourself mentally and spiritually for whatever may occur. You're then asked to step inside. [10FP:3] The pole is likely to cause trouble inside the teahouse, usually full of stuff you don't want to knock over.

Lower myself into the hole.
With little problems you go down the hole using the ladder conveniently located on the side. Up ahead you can hear someone banging on what sounds like a wooden door and yelling.

"LEMME IN, LEMME IN! THE LADY IS COMING!!!!"

blazing glory

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 04:00:22 am »

Shove my blades through the wood and into the person on the other side.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:26:04 am by blazing glory »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2014, 04:47:23 am »

Bow and gracefully enter the teahouse, maneuvering through its interior with skill and precision.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2014, 10:06:02 am »

Stab through the door where the sound originates.

There's your password.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11