Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: spreading empires?  (Read 977 times)

lordpyridine

• Bay Watcher
  • [APPLY_CREATURE_ VARIATION:PSYCHOTIC]
    • View Profile
spreading empires?
« on: October 14, 2014, 10:46:13 am »

The humans in my worlds are going crazy. As far as I know I have not modded them, but after 100 years in a medium worldgen, they number 60000 according to Legends Viewer. No other civ is over 4000. This has happened multiple times. How do I make them less prolific, and other races more prolific? Because my modded race refuses to make new hamlets, even though I copy and pasted the human entity to make them.
Anyone can build a buttress at forty degrees, but it takes a DWARF to build one arbitrarily and have it be twice as strong!

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: spreading empires?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 02:21:04 pm »

Maybe its more due the age before becoming adult and skill in battle if they are equal in the entity file. That said it seems to be random to me who is successful (except kobolds who often end up dying out or only surviving in a corner somewhere).
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

lordpyridine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 07:43:40 am »

Their age of adultness is the same, and mine is better in combat. The strength is double humans and their adult size is 125000
Anyone can build a buttress at forty degrees, but it takes a DWARF to build one arbitrarily and have it be twice as strong!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 04:18:56 pm »

Their age of adultness is the same, and mine is better in combat. The strength is double humans and their adult size is 125000
There might be some issue with your race using human-ish equipment and not being human-sized.  But that still doesn't explain why the dwarves, elves and goblins fell on their faces.  Did you mod the human weaponry for your civ, while still leaving access to the humans?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lordpyridine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 09:56:58 am »

I completely copied over the human entity and changed the ethics and clothing. This is version 34.11 if that helps.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 12:31:10 am »

You changed the [ENTITY:PLAINS] line right? The game mutates in weird awesome ways if you don't.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

lordpyridine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 10:42:28 am »

Yep, that was the screwup. Also, the humans somehow had their [CHILD:x] token changed to 5. All good now.

Aaand I just got 40.13. Conversion starting.