Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Mafia Victory  (Read 49927 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 1: A Small Problem
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2014, 09:24:36 pm »

Apologies for not posting, I've been putting this off. :-[

NQT:
Worldmaster
NQT: I expect this to be a fair bit more difficult than #49, as there are more experienced players here.
Surely it'd be easier with so many experienced players: town outnumber scum after all. Or are you already worried you might be found out?
It will be more difficult because, from my point of view, it is that much more likely that the scum will also be more experienced. Town only have a large advantage in numbers in the first couple of days, if scum is not lynched.

Flabort:
Persus, Worldmaster: The day ends today, and you haven't used your votes yet. Are you OK with just sitting on the sidelines, letting RVS continue?
I'll catch up on recent events and then decide, as well as post my reads.

Everyone: Please let me know if there are questions that I missed, and that you want answered. It didn't seem like there were many, but I likely missed some.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2014, 09:43:13 pm »

Looks like I fucked up a quote in my last post.

The third question will have to wait a bit though....
Because...?

@Deathsword, almost missed you post, the quote screw up. I dont mean that they are buddying, if they are it a little too dumb and way to obvious for an experience player. My answer is that if I say what i will be doing , it will be way harder to do so i will hold on that for now. I explicitly stated that quoting big post are a pain in the ass when you are doing it on a phone so..... You are just forcing world in my mouth and voting me of it for that reason so why dont you come up with a good reason why you did that?
If you don't mean they are buddying, then why NQT and Flarbot should trust each other less? Aren't people trusting each other in a mafia game buddying? Or are trying to sow hostility between the pair? Either way is bad. As for your answer, how does saying if (not how, but if) you would be able to tell who was scum in hindsight has anything to do with how you will play now? You seem a bit too concerned with how you will play, which is what scum worry about.

Furthermore, I did not vote you based on the not-quoting stuff. That was merely me calling you out. If you continue to be unable to quote, then at least include the number of the post. Also, please at least try to get your grammar straight. I often have to guess what you are trying to say. Yes, posting from phones is hard, which is why I stopped doing that some time ago, and some of your stuff leaves me guessing. Like this:
I dont mean that they are buddying, if they are it a little too dumb and way to obvious for an experience player.
What did you mean there? Are you saying they are not buddying and that it would be dumb and obvious for them to do it? Because let me tell you that buddying can and does work if used properly (which is hard, I'll grant that). Making another player trust you when you are scum is important, because it means they won't target you with powers or votes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2014, 10:05:16 pm »

Ok deathsword, how about stop worrying about my answer and answer those question yourself? You dont want to make other think you are intentionally avoiding flabort's question do you?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2014, 10:19:36 pm »

@DS :My point is stated in the first part of the question,i dont understand them, no matter how much you want me to answer that.  They may have some meta gaming secret code telling each other something in that ridiculous wall of text for all i know, if you want i can make up more conspiracy theory about them but i feel it would be useful in anyway. I was not talking about previous game too, the question asked what would i do better so my answer is "i cant tell". It exactly the same reason people dont want to mention scum tell they are looking for, Mentioning it just make them harder to spot.  If you feel like that answer is absolutely necessary why dint you list allt he thing scum would do and you are looking for and all the nonscum tell and everything single thing that let you judge a person one way or the other.

Also i dont know why you dont understand the "i dont mean they are buddying" part. All it is saying is if people are looking for buddying as a scum tell, it is obviously a bad thing to do if people think it is bad. But i dont think what they are doing is buddying, they might just do it because there is no other way to make a good player slip other than constant cross check. Is that clear on how conspirart theory work?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2014, 10:32:44 pm »

Varee, that post made next to no sense to me? Can you please be a little more clear when posting? Sorry, it's just really hard to understand you at times. >.>

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2014, 05:59:37 pm »

I'm just saying it's somewhat hypocritical, scripten, to say that day 1 reads are nigh useless, and then be the first to post day 1 reads (the earlier ones were described as play styles, and not reads, so they don't count).
Among the other things I expect from other players, it's consistency.

Varee, Scripten, Persus Oh how Ironic that my top three suspects at the moment were the ones who extended. I expect you guys to actually make use of this extension to it's full potential, so my vote will be on whichever one of you was the least recent one to post. Currently, that's... Persus. As soon as you post, of course, this means my vote will move to scripten or varee.
To kick of the conversation, what is your three's reaction to this decision?
Next, which of you three is most scummy? least scummy?
Next, which player who is NOT one of you three is most scummy? least scummy?

Deathsword You said you would post by now, "in a few hours" from your last post. Well, where is your post?

Flabort, your accusations make no sense here. You suspect the three people who extended, when that's against the interests of scum. Scum would let the day end without any real suspects. Why do you think that these people are suspicious other than the reason you listed here?

Do you mind if I ask for reads from you, TheDarkStar?

Nope. Here they are:

1. TheDarkStar: Me.
2. Scripten: Slight town lean, since he seems to be scumhunting well.
3. Urist Imiknorris: Slight scum lean for near-lurking. He has one content post so far.
4. flabort: Slight scum lean because of his ridiculous reasons for voting. Currently arguing with Persus; I'm not going to comment much on that until it settles.
5. notquitethere: Slight scum lean, since he has barely any real scumhunting going on despite a lot of questions. They are almost entirely RVS-question related. Also, he's not that active.
6. Varee: Null read for now. Can you make your posts a bit clearer? I can't quite tell what you were trying to say in the last one.
7. Persus13: Slight town lean because he's scumhunting. See my flabort read for his argument with flabort.
8. Worldmaster27: Slight scum lean for lurking. Be more active!
9. Deathsword: Slight scum lean for his retaliatory vote on Varee. He's currently arguing with Varee; as before, I'll wait and see how it goes before drawing any conclusions.

So yeah, a lot of people have a minor scum lean for inactivity.

Everyone who has not posted reads yet: Post them!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2014, 06:20:43 pm »

I'm gonna need a replacement. I just can't get enough time to properly play the game.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2014, 06:32:27 pm »

I'm gonna need a replacement. I just can't get enough time to properly play the game.
Alright.  I've contacted Cheeetar.  If he confirms he's still willing to replace, I'll send him your role info.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2014, 08:17:25 pm »

Votecount:
*TheDarkStar - (0)
*Scripten - (0)
*Cheeetar - (0)
*flabort - Persus13, Scripten, TheDarkStar (3)
*notquitethere - (0)
*Varee - Cheeetar, flabort, Deathsword (3)
*Persus13 - (1)
*Worldmaster27 - notquitethere (1)
*Deathsword - Varee (1)
Not voting: Worldmaster27,

Extension requests: (0/3)
Shorten requests: (0/5)

Cheeetar has replaced Urist Imiknorris!  The day has been extended by 24 hours.

Day ends Tuesday, Oct. 28th, at 9:30 PM PST.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2014, 08:19:35 pm »

Cheetar: Once you are done with reading the thread, could you say your reads on everyone?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2014, 08:26:59 pm »

Cheetar: Once you are done with reading the thread, could you say your reads on everyone?

Could you also post your reads, Deathsword?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2014, 08:52:50 pm »

Hi guys. I've got my role!

Sure thing.

Urist Imiknorris: Probably needs a replacement.
TheDarkStar: Did not seem to want anybody to think he'd like them lynched. Provided playstyles instead of reads - kind of odd? Now seems to be okay voting to lynch someone, but on someone with a fair bit of pressure on them already. Leaning very slightly scum.
Scripten: Hasn't been able to participate much, mostly reactionary but! Drew attention to it himself in questioning Flabort. Does not seem to be trying to coast. Leaning town.
flabort: Very active. Views extending as scummy. Doesn't bold his FoS's- makes it hard on the eyes to read them. Leaning scum.
notquitethere: Big posts, lots of questions. Follow through on different people. Scumhunting, for realsies. Town.
Unvote Varee: Having played with him before, there's no guarantee his behaviour is scummy or just regular Varee. Not gonna be able to get a read until later in the game, I think.
Persus13: Huge posts. His Flabort thing is kind of impenetrable right now. Not sure if he views Flabort as scummy or if he just wants to be seen posting a ton. Null read.
Worldmaster27: Quite a few posts, but scant on content. Not much follow through- asking questions just to ask questions? Promised reads, no reads here. Hasn't been using his votes. Strongest scum read for me.
Deathsword: Was not able to post very much (understandable), then reactionary. Good pressure on Varee, but he's a fairly easy target. Appreciate the kick in the butt to get me to post reads. Null so far- want to see what his continued posting is like.

Worldmaster27: Would we be able to see those reads?

Ok deathsword, how about stop worrying about my answer and answer those question yourself? You dont want to make other think you are intentionally avoiding flabort's question do you?

Varee: What is the aim of saying this- to deflect attention from yourself? Do you think Deathsword asking you questions is scummy behaviour?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2014, 09:00:12 pm »

TheDarkStar: Did not seem to want anybody to think he'd like them lynched. Provided playstyles instead of reads - kind of odd? Now seems to be okay voting to lynch someone, but on someone with a fair bit of pressure on them already. Leaning very slightly scum.

I gave playstyles the first time because that was what the RVS question was. The second time, I gave reads.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2014, 09:04:34 pm »

Still- it's odd you took the time to analyse their playstyles but didn't come up with anything useful in terms of if they were acting suspiciously or not.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2014, 09:20:05 pm »

Still- it's odd you took the time to analyse their playstyles but didn't come up with anything useful in terms of if they were acting suspiciously or not.

There isn't that to go off of yet, especially since I'm waiting for some of the arguments to settle. Several other people also don't have many posts yet, which limits the information I can get out of what they've posted. There will be a lot more to give after this night when two flips occur.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21