Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Broke my dwarves, any idea what I might have did?

(1/1)

sunamonster:
I've been doing a lot of hodge podge modding over the last few weeks. Not sure what I might have messed up, but now my dwarves are lacking several things on embark - specifically underground plants and products. Instead my dwarves want to embark with swamp whiskey, and aboveground seeds. Any idea what I may have broken?

That is what I get when I choose "Prepare carefully" at the embark screen.

Quietust:
It would help to see your entity raws, as well as anything in errorlog.txt.

Delioth:
Have you actually played on it yet?

You might have either managed duplicate raws or you could be embarking as elves (Just possibilities. You could've actually just put in the tokens for aboveground stuff and managed to remove the subterranean stuff too, but I find this unlikely.)

Did you happen to add the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag to elves? Because that could be the problem- you've got to select your civilization, and it's not something most people check when they actually embark- a quick way to tell what race you're embarking with (before you actually get to the prep screen) is to check the connections/relations/whatever it's called that usually shows goblins with the red line or WAR. The race that your civ is is always the first one on the list.

And if you embark and weird stuff is happening all over the place, then you've probably got a duplicate somewhere (Like having two creatures that start [CREATURE:DWARF] or somesuch thing. Good Luck (if you've copied creatures to edit to make something new out of them, you might've forgotten to rename the creature itself, i.e. I copied hedgehogs to make doomhogs with spines of candy and bodies of steel which also bleed magma, but never changed the name from [CREATURE:HEDGEHOG]. The game will be all screwy._)

Chevaleresse:
I'm gonna say duped raws because unless you've got some SERIOUSLY modded entities, the stuff in that screen doesn't match up in any way. Copper war axes from dwarves or humans (goboos have halberds), sun berries from elves, whiskey from humans, cave fish from either gobbos or dwarves, rock nuts from dwarves or gobbos, and mystery items with no names.

sunamonster:
It was duplicated raws, gave me a sensible chuckle when I found it too. I checked the error log and saw duplicate grasses from me trying to splice another mods grass into my game. Took that file out of the raws and everything is back to normal. Thanks everyone!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version