Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventurer Mode's starting point?  (Read 2333 times)

bigbenzx9000

• Bay Watcher
  • HERESY!
    • View Profile
Adventurer Mode's starting point?
« on: October 15, 2014, 09:37:59 am »

Hi, I have only joined this forum recently but my experience with DF has dated back from ver0.31 and so far, i'm still in full support of this awesome experience (truth be told, I can only manage to do Adventurer mode so it's more like half the experience). But here's my question:
Does every adventurers always started out on some sort of islands? Since i have embarked on several epic journeys and i have noticed that the character creation screen always placed you on some tedious stretch of land instead of the gigantic continent in the world? If so, how can i cross the sea to reach it? A detailed guide would be appreciated. 8)
The emperor protects.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Mode's starting point?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:56:35 am »

It places within borders of your civilization. You apparently generated a world with isnald civilization.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:06:37 pm »

The only way to cross the sea is to swim. Good luck with that.
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 04:42:05 am »

The only way to cross the sea is to swim. Good luck with that.

There are some really nasty fish in the sea, also if its an evil sea then pray you dont run into the bigger whales.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

bigbenzx9000

• Bay Watcher
  • HERESY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 06:44:13 am »

Well, not really the answers i was hoping for. See, this is my world:

And somehow, i'm always gonna end up on those teeny little islands.
Swimming, eh? Doesn't sound too bad, I think i can grapple myself onto a shark and flow with the current like a total badass. 8)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:37:47 am by bigbenzx9000 »
The emperor protects.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 07:02:19 am »

We can't see your world, it's stored on your computer.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

bigbenzx9000

• Bay Watcher
  • HERESY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 08:36:19 am »

Strange, i thought i uploaded it
But ignore it, here's a new question, please make this quick: There's this bandit group going through this village and they are acting friendly to my group? Even though i decapitated their general and their buddy? Not only that, they kept telling me they're on "an important mission"? Should i slaughter the whole lot of them or just walk away?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The emperor protects.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 08:41:45 am »

You could mod in the [FLIER] token  onto your race, and make the journey a touch faster.  Although its cheating and you would be missing out on that sweet, sweet swimming XP.  Legendary swimmers get stat boosts.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bigbenzx9000

• Bay Watcher
  • HERESY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 08:43:38 am »

Just ignore that swimming thing, this is urgent.
Jeez, can Toady just put some sort of tag on bandit like:"This is a bandit, raep him"?. That would be bloody convenient.
UPDATE: The pikeman just spitted at me when i mentioned about how i chopped his buddy's head off. Is this it, guys? Can i have a cheeseburger now sweet, sweet slaughter now?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:46:26 am by bigbenzx9000 »
The emperor protects.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 08:44:31 am »

They're trying to rob you is what.

If you're pretty weak and/or don't really have armor, you should run, but if you have good skills, you can kill them.

Also, if you keep moving, the whole banditry proccess kind of stalls and they just trail behind you a ways.

tl;dr, if you think you can take them, then go for it, if not, then run.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 08:45:57 am »

You can do both.  If they think you are weak (i.e. seperated form companions, drop your weapons, low skills, not bragging about kills, etc they can attack you, or even your companions.  Or just demand your stuff.  Do whatever, but be sure you can take them before you do.  Also note it is possible to kite them away from each other . . .
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bigbenzx9000

• Bay Watcher
  • HERESY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 08:49:14 am »

Let see, I have 3 people in my group: a bowman, hammerman and pikeman. I'm also a proficient axeman and talented wrestler with 10 human kills. Yea, it wouldn't be a sweat but is there a way to clear this up? I'm really tired of having companions back-stab me just because i offended their damn nation by randomly slaughtering innocents.
The emperor protects.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 08:50:51 am »

Let see, I have 3 people in my group: a bowman, hammerman and pikeman. I'm also a proficient axeman and talented wrestler with 10 human kills. Yea, it wouldn't be a sweat but is there a way to clear this up? I'm really tired of having companions back-stab me just because i offended their damn nation by randomly slaughtering innocents.
then do some science and kill them for us.  Then go brag about killing them.

Companion loyalties seem to override almost every other loyalty.  Almost being the key word.

I have never had a companion attack me that I didnt attack first.
PKs DF Mod!

bigbenzx9000

• Bay Watcher
  • HERESY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 08:53:20 am »

Yeaaaa, sorry for being such a bother. See, i just asked the pikeman about his job and turned out he's the lieutenant for the damn group!!! :D
No wonder he kept spitting at me, such an ass. Off to kill them now, will post my result! 8)
The emperor protects.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 08:54:21 am »

I'm really tired of having companions back-stab me just because i offended their damn nation by randomly slaughtering innocents.

That shouldn't be happening in 40.xx? At least not in the way that it happened in 34.11. Of course, if you hire criminals into your party, you put yourself at potential risk of the party member not truly being an ally.

Another possibility is that you're accidentially hitting them.

then do some science and kill them for us.  Then go brag about killing them.

Companion loyalties seem to override almost every other loyalty.  Almost being the key word.

I have never had a companion attack me that I didnt attack first.

Same here. Though there was one or two in the early 40.xx versions, but that was because they were recruited criminals.
Pages: [1] 2