Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modern Firearms Mod (It's the best name I could think of)  (Read 4940 times)

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Firearms Mod (It's the best name I could think of)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 05:07:18 pm »

* Octobomb cracks tentacles.
Right, time to kill some dreams!
Plans:
General: Are you planning to use DfHack? Because that opens up a lot of possibilities (you couldn't do explosions without it, for example.
Firearms: I like the sound of this. However: How do you intend to store ammunition? Dwarves will use it loose from a quiver by nature. Also, no explosions without dfhack.
Uniforms: Clothes are pretty simple. You will get *pigtail fibre 4 star colonel dress uniform* though. There might be a way to stop this, have a look at the wiki.
Tactical gear:I am intrigued. What kind of gear are we getting? All I can really think of is riot gear and ballistic armour.
Civvies: See uniforms.
Language: Word of warning: languages are long. Easier than writing one from scratch but still. Might want to write a program that grabs the words and puts them into a translatable list then eats the list and puts them back or something.
Vehicles: See DF modern for ideas. Creatures are pretty simple. How are you going to create the vehicles? Transform a dwarf? With DFHack or a boiling syndrome laced stone?
Civs: Again, see DF modern.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 05:08:05 pm »

Nah
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:11:11 pm by Dampe »
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 05:09:51 pm »

* Octobomb cracks tentacles.
Right, time to kill some dreams!
Plans:
General: Are you planning to use DfHack? Because that opens up a lot of possibilities (you couldn't do explosions without it, for example.
Firearms: I like the sound of this. However: How do you intend to store ammunition? Dwarves will use it loose from a quiver by nature. Also, no explosions without dfhack.

Remains to be seen on both.
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 01:06:44 pm »

Update: I'll be out of town this weekend, so I won't get an opportunity to work on the mod, but I'll do some planning.
Regards,
Dampe
Pages: 1 [2]