Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 40.13 Update  (Read 4148 times)

Stiefel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
40.13 Update
« on: October 17, 2014, 04:45:12 am »

I hate to be "that guy" but is Meph working on the update for the latest release for 40.13? DFhack has been out for it for over a month, and I have not heard one word about the update. The search function doesn't turn up any.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40.13 Update
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 04:57:55 am »

If you searched a bit better, you would know that Meph is not currently on DF modding (he is planning his trip), and that he stated that he is waiting for Toady to stop releasing fixes before starting.

Now, the bay 12 download page indicates that Toady is still working on fixes, so we can expect a 40.14 before he goes on to working for two years without a release.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 08:34:53 pm »

I saw the title, and thought you'd updated the mod yourself. Now there's an idea...
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 08:55:46 pm »

I saw the title, and thought you'd updated the mod yourself. Now there's an idea...
I wouldnt complain :P

Quite recently Suds Zimmerman talked to me about another 40.x issue, namely that immobile creatures wouldnt do interactions anymore. That was quite demotivating, since turrets, landmines, soul wisps, pylons, arbalests, trebuchets, bards, the ward of armok, and many many more features would have to be replaced/removed. I talked to Tarn Adams about it, and it turned out that it was an unintended side effect of the new "people can get scared" features, with immobile creatures being permanently in a state of panic, because they can't calculate an escape route, due to them not being able to move.

He fixed it and immobile creatures should be able to do interactions again with the next DF update. Yet another reason for me to wait.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 07:36:14 am »

won't that be temp fixed with giving them nofear?
I want to tackle the masterwork repair station but don't know where to start, advfort took a huge beating, spawn okay but don't know if the Syndrome scripts are working.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 01:45:23 pm »

For dfhack I have three problems:
Spawnunit
Force Event
AutoSyndrome/SyndromeTrigger/ProbabilitySyndrome

First one Warmist hasnt updated yet (has been a while since I asked though), Force Event cant do sieges anymore (thats ok, if I can get it to spawn caravans and migrants at least) and the last one... Expnwnent changed the syntax completely, making inorganics pointless, instead using an external txt for all commands. While nice as a new feature, he deleted the old, meaning that ~900 inorganics must be deleted and the correct syntax written to replace them.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowhunter10101

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 02:04:22 pm »

I feel people complain about this waaaaaay too much.

Patience is a virtue, and Meph has a life outside of modding.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 02:14:02 pm »

I wouldnt complain :P

Quite recently Suds Zimmerman talked to me about another 40.x issue, namely that immobile creatures wouldnt do interactions anymore. That was quite demotivating, since turrets, landmines, soul wisps, pylons, arbalests, trebuchets, bards, the ward of armok, and many many more features would have to be replaced/removed. I talked to Tarn Adams about it, and it turned out that it was an unintended side effect of the new "people can get scared" features, with immobile creatures being permanently in a state of panic, because they can't calculate an escape route, due to them not being able to move.

He fixed it and immobile creatures should be able to do interactions again with the next DF update. Yet another reason for me to wait.
Help! Help! I can't get away from the Carp Cultist I just revealed!  :P
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »

No, they wouldnt even reveal them, which is the problem. :P

But well... ehm... if I dont get it done next month, I probably wont get it done next year. Because I'll be in Siberia and Japan and China and Turkmenistan and Iran and all that. Not sure if I'd update this with a slow netbook. Smaller updates and bugfixes, yes, but something this large? That would be problematic from on the road.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 03:52:06 pm »

Mabye we should just get together and do it ourselves then. No new content, just updating creatures, other raws, and *-syndrome.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 05:20:05 pm »

For dfhack I have three problems:
Spawnunit
Force Event
AutoSyndrome/SyndromeTrigger/ProbabilitySyndrome

First one Warmist hasnt updated yet (has been a while since I asked though), Force Event cant do sieges anymore (thats ok, if I can get it to spawn caravans and migrants at least) and the last one... Expnwnent changed the syntax completely, making inorganics pointless, instead using an external txt for all commands. While nice as a new feature, he deleted the old, meaning that ~900 inorganics must be deleted and the correct syntax written to replace them.
wow okay so Spawnunit was kinda fixed the thing that was broken in that was the new interaction redirects which I have though it not that complex as spawn unit is but you can still spawn stuff in the sieges being tied to armies might have something to do with that, since armies now take up of most of the new adventure mode travel mode mechanics this means you can only be invaded by roaming bands nearby being able to teleport an army near the border of your fort might cause them to siege but we won't know until we learn more about armies(getting adventure mode figured out).

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 07:53:01 am »

[...]so we can expect a 40.14 before he goes on to working for two years without a release.
Has he actually said it'll be a 2 year gap, or are you just assuming that's what hims working on bugs for a while will mean?

I'd certainly be interested in trying to get my Kobold settlement up (and actually running), but I can understand waiting for a more stable build. After all, my vanilla DF game is on hold until I can harvest fruit for more booze. :D

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 11:32:36 am »

Well, his cycle is usually 1+ year without releases (DF34 in 2012, DF in 2014 ...).

Toady likes to have big updates, but it takes him so long between releases.
Not that I complain, it's just the way it is.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:34:28 am by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Numien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 02:27:31 pm »

If you did update to 40.13, odds are updating from there to 40.14 (or .15, or whatever) wouldn't be too difficult, and tools like diff/patch would help. The last couple of revisions haven't had huge changes to the raws, and while that certainly doesn't promise it won't happen, it does indicate the biggest changes are probably behind us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 03:58:15 pm »

Item-trigger (i.e itemsyndrome) is currently crashing the game whenever the check is done, so I would hold off on releasing any updates.

I certainly wouldn't hold off on making them, though, unless of course there are other things to do.
Pages: [1] 2