Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - It's a mine... it's-a not yours!  (Read 79501 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [40.xx] The Earth Strikes Back! v1.37 - Even the pet rocks are dangerous
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2015, 07:04:47 am »

I've posted version 1.37 with bugfixes that should make the spawned creatures appear correctly as "wild animals" and correct the issue with gem seed extraction.

Like v1.36, you should be able to drop these files onto an existing save (but make a back-up just in case).  There are no changes to entity_default.txt to cause merge issues.

I had one Awakened Stone attack its miner then wander off, so I'm still working on their aggressiveness.  The Pet Rocks spawned through create-unit seem a lot more active... I might keep the old lobotomizing spawn-unit around for those guys :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2015, 02:45:32 pm »

OK, a version of the Rubble port with more stuff template and with the raws tolerant of missing layer materials is up on DFFD.

This is still an older version, and the DFHack scripts need work (they need to be tolerant of missing creature castes and the like), so it's not really ready for general users.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2015, 10:54:01 pm »

Thanks milo.  Fortunately the scripts now work with caste names rather than indices, so that will help hardening them against missing materials.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2015, 05:03:05 pm »

Working on beefing up the Secrets, and for most of them it seems fitting to give the geomancer the same special ability as the equivalent Wyrm.  Launching rocks and magma balls from the hand is fairly standard wizardy stuff, and stomping to cause a local earthquake fits well.  The aquifer venom seems a bit odd, but at least the geomancer can be nudged into using a "bite" interaction.  The flux-stone Wyrms have steel bones, teeth and claws, and there is no easy way to apply that to an existing creature.  I was thinking of launching globs of molten steel from the hand, but am open to other ideas out there.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2015, 12:37:58 am »

Greetings,

The new version of DF has arrived!

For those of you staying on 0.40 until DF gets relatively stable, I am still working on TESB 1.40, which will finally make the living stone Secrets worth having, though the RNG probably  still doesn't like you enough to give you a Secret-powered immigrant.  That version will have an official Rubble release as well, which will be raws-identical to the main version but may be easier or harder to blend with other mods depending on your setup.

Unfortunately my day job has been keeping me too busy to get 1.40 out the door :(

TESB version 2.00 will arrive at some point after DFHack becomes available for DF0.42, with a Rubble module for Rubble 7 when it arrives (but in any case not before DFHack).  I will attempt to integrate Tributes with the new temple system, and see what else I can do from there.  I intend to maintain the 1.x fork for as long as people are playing it, but eventually DF0.42-dependent features will cause divergence.

In the meantime, cherish this interlude where the DF0.42 rocks are not yet trying to eat your miners!
Just got back, updating:

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2015, 10:27:38 am »

As soon as you are ready to move to 42.x let me know, because Rubble 7 will require some (minor) addon changes (that I will happilly make for you as per my offer to fix anything I break).

Obviously this won't be usable until DFHack is working again, but if you want to get a head start you can send me a working copy for updating anytime...
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2015, 10:46:34 am »

As soon as you are ready to move to 42.x let me know, because Rubble 7 will require some (minor) addon changes (that I will happilly make for you as per my offer to fix anything I break).

Obviously this won't be usable until DFHack is working again, but if you want to get a head start you can send me a working copy for updating anytime...
Thanks for the offer, milo.  I'm composing 1.40 in Rubble templates and will then generate the normal raws from that.  I think I have all of the gangs-of-24 now in template form, cleaning up some inconsistencies as I go.  In related news, I now hate rock salt.
Just got back, updating:

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2015, 10:52:10 am »

:) There is always at least one thing that is outside the normal pattern...

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2016, 08:18:41 am »

Hail hearty miners!

I've been working on 1.40 as real life permits, and once that is finished will move on to 2.00 for DF0.42 compatibility.  For those who like to live dangerously, there is now an alpha version of v1.40 at the alternate download location.  It hasn't been tested much, but since it requires a worldgen you probably can't do too much damage.

The biggest visible change is to the Secrets, which now convey powers similar to what the Wyrms have naturally.  The biggest behind-the-scenes change is that the mod now exists as a set of Rubble 7.2 templates, which I then combine with the Stonesense content to build the standard mod.  Many thanks to milo for getting that up and running.

(Unfortunately, TESB requires bugfixes in Rubble 7.2 in order to work, but Rubble 7.2 is built for DF 0.42.  You'll need to sneak Rubble's output into a DF 0.40 installation for it to work.  TESB 2.00 will work natively with the then-current version of Rubble.)
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [40.xx] The Earth Strikes Back! v1.40 - The secret is the Earth hates you
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2016, 02:41:34 pm »

Version 1.40 has been released, which will be final DF0.40-only release.  This version expands significantly on the Secrets, and does require a worldgen to use the new features.  I have a development build of DFHack for DF0.42, and will be focusing on updating the mod for that version.  I will back-port what I can to support those who prefer to stick with DF0.40 until DF0.42 is more stable.

Some of the fringe DFHack features I was using have been incorporated into the core package, so hopefully the port will go smoothly.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I'll be lucky to get out of it without major injuries :)
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [42.xx] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.00 - Early bird gets the wyrm
« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2016, 07:13:36 pm »

Version 2.00 is now up! TESB is now compatible with DF v0.42, so your brief interlude of safe mining is now over :)

This release has the same features as the final version for DF v0.40, and I will do my best to keep feature parity between the 1.x and 2.x versions for the time being.

I generated the raws with Rubble, and there is a Rubble Addon version (called The Earth Strikes Back!.zip) available at the alternate download location.

Let me know if you run into any problems.  There is an updated version of create-unit.lua here, which will be in the next release of DFHack.

Strike the Earth!  And watch out for when it strikes back!
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [42.xx] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.00 - Early bird gets the wyrm
« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2016, 07:19:25 pm »

Playtesting DF is always great fun.

Spoiler: Combat bathing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Interesting move there (click to show/hide)

Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [42.xx] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.01 - Dig deep... if you dare
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2016, 04:13:48 pm »

Hey there, a minor fix just posted as version 2.01.  It gets rid of a scary-looking-but-harmless error in the DFHack terminal, trims out the excess whitespace in the raw files, and removes the HEIGHT modifier for the creatures.  I found out that having HEIGHT and LENGTH in the same creature causes the description to almost always say "gigantic."  For each of these critters describing it as long or short makes more sense than tall or short.

Let me know if anyone runs into any problems, but for now it appears that you can definitely wait for your next world before upgrading.  The updated tesb-tribute.lua can be copied onto an existing save; I'm less sure about creature_tesb.txt.
Just got back, updating:

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2016, 02:13:24 pm »

I have been having an urge to run a Rubble Gnome fort now that there is a DFHack for 42.6, this will be a perfect addition!

EDIT: How hard is it to get books with the various secrets? Is it even possible?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:15:52 pm by milo christiansen »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2016, 05:02:19 am »

I have been having an urge to run a Rubble Gnome fort now that there is a DFHack for 42.6, this will be a perfect addition!

EDIT: How hard is it to get books with the various secrets? Is it even possible?
The secrets have the tags to allow mundane recording in books, and mundane research which should in theory let a scholar write a book without divine intervention.  But I've yet to run a real long-term fort with a library, so I don't know how likely that is.  Under 0.40 books would only be written by someone who knew the secret and ALSO had a necromancer tower.

If mundane research actually works correctly, then I can switch the secret goal from immortality to something that makes more sense.
Just got back, updating:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16