Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - It's a mine... it's-a not yours!  (Read 80479 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.10 - Menacing your miners
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2016, 12:01:08 am »

I've updated the mod to version 2.10, which includes a lot of stuff I'd been meaning to do for a while.

1. TWBT support.  It works out of the box for Rubble, but for everyone else I couldn't find a safe way to work around other mods.  You'll need to copy-paste a bit of text to get things working.

2. Altars.  If you have a temple to an appropriate deity, then you can build an Altar workshop with a single boulder inside that temple.  It works just like a Tribute but is smaller and easier to make.
  • Altars to sedimentary stones can be built in temples to gods of the EARTH or MINERALS Spheres.  Rock salt can also use the temple of a god of SALT if you have one.
  • Altars to metamorphic stones can be built in temples to gods of the EARTH or MOUNTAINS Spheres.
  • Altars to igneous intrusive stones can be built in temples to gods of the MOUNTAINS or CAVERNS Spheres.
  • Altars to igneous extrusive stones can be built in temples to gods of the MOUNTAINS or VOLCANOS Spheres.
  • Altars to flux stones can be built in temples to gods of the MINERALS or METALS Spheres.

3. Cleaned up a couple of the scripts that do most of the heavy lifting behind the scenes.  One small gameplay change is that now all "digging" jobs in layer stone can trigger Living Stone or Hidden Gems.  Previously, I'd missed carving fortifications and removing carved stairs.

Strike the Earth!  And be prepared to parry.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2016, 07:15:01 pm »

Gem farming because our Baroness likes emerald spirits and seems like an all around OK dwarf but, 

Our yields seem really low.  Is a cluster just a cluster or do gem farms follow other farming rules?  E.g., planter skill and fertilizer?   

I wish I was better at reading raws –
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2016, 10:08:21 pm »

Gem farming because our Baroness likes emerald spirits and seems like an all around OK dwarf but, 

Our yields seem really low.  Is a cluster just a cluster or do gem farms follow other farming rules?  E.g., planter skill and fertilizer?   

I wish I was better at reading raws –
The seeds for gem vines are costly, and the "gem cluster" fruit has a custom brewing reacton, but the plant itself is supposed to behave in familiar ways.  So it should respond normally to fertilizer.

You were lucky to get such a decadent preference that you could actually meet!
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.11 - Danger lurks... RIGHT HERE!
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2016, 02:07:36 pm »

Presenting version 2.11...

The latest DFHack release has the most up-to-date create-unit script, so the mod will now use the one from DFHack if you have release 0.43.03-r1 or later.  Otherwise it continues to use the one included.

It should be safe to apply this update to an existing v2.10 save, but no earlier.  I fixed some minor bugs with extended item descriptions, how often Awakened Stone spawn, and the appearance of inactive Tributes.  Originally I intended Awakened Stones to spawn only if no boulder dropped upon mining the tile, but I realized it was actually checking the tile that the miner was standing on rather than the tile mined.  It wasn't worth the bother to locate the actual tile mined, I just removed that check entirely to streamline the code and remove one extremely convoluted way for the player to avoid spawning Awakened Stones.

I also cleared out the deprecated scripts, some of which had been hanging around since version 1.30 of the mod.  This will reduce clutter on new installs.

Strike the Earth!  With respect.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.11 - Danger lurks... RIGHT HERE!
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2016, 02:51:05 pm »

Hotfix up for version 2.11, somehow I accidentally deleted the tissue for Wyrm claws and had a typo in a couple reactions' "tooltips". Should run now with nothing in the error log, and it is safe to apply these files to an existing 2.10 or 2.11 save.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.12 - Danger lurks... RIGHT HERE!
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2016, 09:52:21 pm »

Here is version 2.12.

It fixes a problem I introduced with the hotfix to 2.11 (I'm going to blame rock salt.  It had nothing to do with the bug, but by this point I just really dislike rock salt.), fixes the issue with pet rocks picking fights as soon as they're spawned (as entertaining as that was), and gets rid of a bit of clutter in the Rubble version by generating many small textfiles from code.

Edit: Version 2.12 can be applied to an existing 2.11 or 2.10 save.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:18:58 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2016, 02:35:50 pm »

I tried the living magma in masterwork's arena. It melted. Is this a bug that's been fixed?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2016, 04:11:34 pm »

I tried the living magma in masterwork's arena. It melted. Is this a bug that's been fixed?
After some troubleshooting, it turns out that this is a problem with Masterwork's standardized materials.  A creature that contains typical tissues (fat, bone, etc.) isn't allowed to have its own melting points, etc.  Everything in TESB works just fine if you turn off standardized materials.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I'll try to standard-proof the Awakened Magmas and Incandescent Stones for the next version.
Just got back, updating:

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2016, 04:15:11 pm »

Your welcome. Your mod sounds awesome by the way. any chance that trees could create ents when chopped? you could maybe name a special "ent" tree the same as a regular tree but doesn't drop wood, and have it spawn a ent? an ent should have [NATURAL] so it doesn't attack elves.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2016, 04:23:44 pm »

Your welcome. Your mod sounds awesome by the way. any chance that trees could create ents when chopped? you could maybe name a special "ent" tree the same as a regular tree but doesn't drop wood, and have it spawn a ent? an ent should have [NATURAL] so it doesn't attack elves.
That's a little outside the scope of this mod, but it's something that might be possible using the logic in the tesb-job-monitor script.  One would need to watch for a cut-down-tree job finishing, and I don't think Lua would have access to the type of tree just chopped down so it would need to be a relatively generic ent or nymph.  If someone wants to make that mod they're welcome to pilfer the script with attribution.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.13 - It's dangerous down there
« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2016, 03:34:19 pm »

Version 2.13 fixes the issue with Standardized Materials, so if you are maximizing GPS then your dwarves will just die sooner in the lower caverns :)

This version also implements a grace period before checking for Living Stone.  The default is 250 tiles, which isn't enough to complete your fort, but should let you sink your main staircase before the rocks start biting.  The probability for Hidden Gems is also lower during the grace period (starting at zero and ramping up to the full base chance as the last grace period tile is mined).

I included the tesb-info script to help you keep track of this should you be curious.

Strike the Earth!  Quickly, before it wakes up!

Edit: v2.13 can be applied the an existing 2.10, 2.11 or 2.12 save.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:00:30 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2016, 02:45:49 am »

How important are the TWBT overrides to The Earth Strikes Back!?

PyLNP currently doesn't support these things:
  • Copying anything from the /data/init/ folder.
  • Copying anything from the /stonesense/ folder.
  • Copying PNG files.

Are you okay with The Earth Strikes Back! being bundled with Lazy Newb Packs (even if it doesn't include the "data" folder and the "stonesense" folder)?

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2016, 04:26:40 am »

Is it possible to copy this mod into the the 2014 Masterwork release, on that board as Ye Olde Masterwork?  If so, how?  (Meaning, I tried, it didn't work.  :)  )
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #208 on: August 06, 2016, 09:32:29 am »

Is it possible to copy this mod into the the 2014 Masterwork release, on that board as Ye Olde Masterwork?  If so, how?  (Meaning, I tried, it didn't work.  :)  )
Its in the new one, but the old 2014 Masterwork does not use the same dfhack, so... no. TESB uses scripts heavily.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2016, 02:24:51 pm »

How important are the TWBT overrides to The Earth Strikes Back!?

PyLNP currently doesn't support these things:
  • Copying anything from the /data/init/ folder.
  • Copying anything from the /stonesense/ folder.
  • Copying PNG files.

Are you okay with The Earth Strikes Back! being bundled with Lazy Newb Packs (even if it doesn't include the "data" folder and the "stonesense" folder)?

Sorry, I typed up a response yesterday but must have closed the browser before it posted.

It'd be great to have The Earth Strikes Back! bundled with Lazy Newb Packs, even if the extra graphic stuff can't come along for the ride.  Honestly, I'm not sure how many people have even seen the Stonesense content  :'(

That said, the Stonesense and TWBT content can be left in place if that makes it easier to manage things, since instructions on how to draw a Tribute to Granite have no effect if there are no Tributes to Granite in the raws.

The only potential conflict is the way that Stonesense handles farm plots.  The farm plot and all farmable plants are handled inside the same XML block, so adding a modded plant means overwriting the default file or duplicating all of the default content in a block that takes precedence.  I chose the latter method, which just means I have to keep an eye on the Stonesense thread to ensure I update the farm stuff when the default graphics change.  The former method would make it easier to merge several mods' plants together, but (1) that would require merge logic for the Stonesense data that is outside the current LNP scope and (2) I'm not aware of any other mods with Stonesense graphics for farmable plants anyway.

The only vanilla raw file that gets touched is entity_default.txt, which is going to be stepped on by every mod with buildings or reactions.  Merge logic is going to be important for that.
Just got back, updating:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16