Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - It's a mine... it's-a not yours!  (Read 80347 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.13 - It's dangerous down there
« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2016, 02:33:57 pm »

Is it possible to copy this mod into the the 2014 Masterwork release, on that board as Ye Olde Masterwork?  If so, how?  (Meaning, I tried, it didn't work.  :)  )
Like Meph said, this mod is script-heavy which makes it nigh impossible to transplant across major DF versions.

The alternate download location has old versions of the mod... version 1.x runs on DF 0.40.08-0.40.24, whereas version 2.x runs on DF 0.42.04 and later (though v2.00-v2.08 will be buggy under DF 0.43).  I started work on the mod during the good ol' days of 0.34.11, but 0.40 came out before I got Awakened Stone spawning reliably.  Spawning was an order of magnitude easier under 0.40's DFHack, so I never finished a 0.34.11 version.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2016, 07:16:36 pm »

Oh.  Bummer, that.  But thanks, guys, for getting back to me. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2016, 05:13:48 am »

I see it says it in the OP, but I just wanted to double check – this requires DFHack, right? Just wondering if there's any point in trying to play this in Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2016, 08:18:17 am »

I see it says it in the OP, but I just wanted to double check – this requires DFHack, right? Just wondering if there's any point in trying to play this in Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05.
You could install TESB onto a 43.05 game, but then you would only get Awakened Stones, Incandescent Stones and Awakened Magmas as rare encounters in the caverns plus Awakened Storms near the coast but without the weather effects.  The changes to mining (e.g., Living Stone and Hidden Gems) would simply not occur.  Tributes and Altars would not function without a lot of raw editing, but without Living Stone or Hidden Gems they are superfluous anyway.  Finally, there would be no way to bring a Pet Rock or a Wyrm into existence outside the arena, and no way to generate a Gem Vine at all.

TL;DR: Correct, it doesn't work without DFHack :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Gameboon

• Bay Watcher
  • In Sovjet-Dwarfland, dwarf commands you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2016, 06:04:05 am »

Hey,

I've configured the Masterwork Mod for the first time, and from The Earth Strikes Back! mod I've only enabled pet rocks. I got a starting dwarf who likes pet rocks and adopted the pet granite I brought on embark, but he doesn't seem to carry it around with him. Any suggestions?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2016, 12:42:21 pm »

Hey,

I've configured the Masterwork Mod for the first time, and from The Earth Strikes Back! mod I've only enabled pet rocks. I got a starting dwarf who likes pet rocks and adopted the pet granite I brought on embark, but he doesn't seem to carry it around with him. Any suggestions?
Pet Rocks are immobile on their own, and despite what the wiki said dwarves will not carry them around whether these pets are classified as vermin or normal creatures.  I opted to make them not vermin so they show up nicer on the map.  The only reliable way I found to shuffle Pet Rocks around is by pasturing them.  The most realistic place to pasture a Pet Rock would be in the owner's bedroom, but the dining hall or similar should work just as well.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.14 - Where the mine isn't yours
« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2016, 08:11:20 am »

Version 2.14 has posted, which is designed to give better feedback if a Tribute or Altar is not functional (for example, if a temple's Spheres don't match up the Altar's).

Edit: Uploaded a hotfix because the improved feedback is implemented via a series of reactions, and I had forgotten to add those to the entity. Facepalm.  My apologies to whoever that go-getter was who downloaded v2.14 almost immediately.

As before, an Altar that doesn't work will show up as an Inactive Altar building, and it still has a single task available which deconstructs the building.  What is new is that the tooltip for that deconstruct task will now tell you what kinds of Spheres you need to make that kind of Altar function.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:06:39 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2016, 11:43:52 pm »

[REACTION_CLASS:GEM] For compatibility with Masterwork
What's this letting it do with Masterwork?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2016, 05:38:38 am »

[REACTION_CLASS:GEM] For compatibility with Masterwork
What's this letting it do with Masterwork?
I have reactions that allow any gem to be used. To differentiate gems from boulders, they needed a reaction class. Without the reaction-class, the reactions would accept all normal gems, but not Dirsts hidden gems.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2016, 12:34:34 pm »

The change should be invisible to anyone not using Masterwork, though I don't have much experience with the new vanilla job manager.  It might detect the reaction class and treat them as some "GEM" category of inputs.  Even if that happens, it might be helpful to create manager rules such as "cut all rough gems except Hidden Gems."

If it's causing some inconvenience for players of the basic mod, please let me know and I'll come up with another solution.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - It's a mine... it isn't yours
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:19 pm »

Hi everyone, version 2.15 is up.  It only makes minor tweaks to the creature graphics and some proofreading to the documentation.  You can install this version on top of an existing 2.14 world, but 2.13 or earlier would require a new world.

The graphics update is laying the foundation for the Lazy Newb Packs allowing mods to display different images depending on your graphics pack.  I added proper animated-corpse sprites for each creature for completeness, not that I expect them to come up very often in play.  If you have an animated Wyrm in your fort, you are having a really bad day.

If you ever wonder what's going through an Awakened Stone's mind while it tries to dismember your miner, I imagine it's probably this song.
Just got back, updating:

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2016, 02:46:22 pm »

If you ever wonder what's going through an Awakened Stone's mind while it tries to dismember your miner, I imagine it's probably this song.

Good one!  SoundSense worthy, and the YouTube link continues the album.  trivia: ever read Griegs' own comments on his In The Hall of the Mountain King for Ibsen's Peer Gynthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Hall_of_the_Mountain_King  Pretty funny.  Still, very dwarfy.   :)
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2016, 11:47:28 am »

Good one!  SoundSense worthy, and the YouTube link continues the album.  trivia: ever read Griegs' own comments on his In The Hall of the Mountain King for Ibsen's Peer Gynthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Hall_of_the_Mountain_King  Pretty funny.  Still, very dwarfy.   :)
Always seems that an artists's most popular stuff is the work they can't stand themselves, are embarrassed about its simplicity, or both.

There are a lot of epica songs (Two Steps from Hell, Audiomachine, etc.) that fit well with DF.  Found about a dozen that could contend to be a The Earth Strikes Back! theme, but none quite fit.  Protectors of the Earth was close and it has a great title... from the Living Stone's point of view.

The ideal song would set up a conflict between brass as the Earth and a combination of percussion and deep vocals as the dwarves.  Something kind of like Neverdark's battling brass and strings (But the vocals end up about four octaves too high.  I always imagined that dwarven kids would be baritone with both genders deepening to mark young adulthood.).
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - It's a mine... it's-a not yours!
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2016, 05:41:52 pm »

Just a quick note on what's been happening behind the scenes.

The devs behind the Lazy New Packs are working on a way to include mod graphics specific to the graphics pack you have loaded.  In preparation, I have done a spectacularly bad job of imitating the art styles of two graphics packs, plus adapted the original art for two others, and would like any feedback you might have about the artwork or what graphics packs to support.

Columns:
1: Awakened Stone, Incandescent Stone, Awakened Magma
2: Wyrm
3: Awakened Storm
4: Pet Rock

Rows:
1: Standard (CLA uses only this row)
2: Animated
3: Hunting-trained
4: War-trained

Default (32x32)

DungeonSet (24x24)

GemSet (24x24)

Meph (32x32)

CLA (18x18)

Replacing the ASCII characters â W § ∙

GemSet and CLA may be nigh-invisible in the forum's light color scheme.

It will probably be a while before Lazy Newb Packs support this automatically, but I'll include instructions in the next release on what to drag-and-drop where if you're impatient.

Edit: Updated images.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:41:12 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - It's a mine... it's-a not yours!
« Reply #224 on: December 06, 2016, 04:04:24 am »

Been getting a lot of pathfinding lag when Awakened Stone feels it would be a brilliant idea to spawn in the deepest top left corner of the map.  It then hangs out there pathing into nothing ad-infinitum...  Exterminate and other commands break when it spawns in, so can't kill it.  Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16